Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What a bunch of horseshit.

I quested 85-90 with no flying like everyone else. I didn't interact with anyone, it wasn't immersive, I wasn't absorbed by the "design" of all the stupid hills and shit I was running around. I banged out my levels as fast as humanly possible so I could fly again, period.

"I hate flying mounts, but I can't help using them if they exist, so please take them away from everyone!"

God this forum is just a dumping ground for hardcore bullshit that no one posts on bnet anymore because they know they'll just wake up the next day buried in downvotes and 26 pages of being called an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stairs. Lot of stairs to get up mountains. Slightly less interesting maps, as in, maps that are flat.

Deleted
    (Sorry for my bad english; it's not my native language)

Flying Mounts killed the Game. It killed open PvP and it killed teamplay. It killed Flying Routes. It killed Immersion.

Blizzard would've designed a lot of the ingame content way different if there weren't any flying mounts. Quest's would be longer but far less in Quantity, though you would gain more exp/rep for completing one. People would team up for a bunch of 5 daily quests and need an hour to complete it. Why would they team up? PvP protection . Instead everyone just flies away if pvp happens and flies from quest to quest to do like 20-30 daily-quests in the same time.

think about it. no flying mounts would have changed the game. Think how boring LotR would have been if frodo just flew to mordor.

Would have never reached 10m subs, IMO one of the reasons they are losing subs is the flying restrictions.

The hardcore "leets" that love to post on MMO champ all whine and moan about how flying mounts ruined the game, but flying makes the game a true sandbox. The designated pvp zones are fine IMO for restricting players to ground mounts. Flying is one of the best features of WoW, and frankly when I've played other MMO's without flying, all I can think of it how much is sucks that I can't park myself on that cool mountain or how stupid it is I have to run through a billion zombies just to get to a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    What a bunch of horseshit.

I quested 85-90 with no flying like everyone else. I didn't interact with anyone, it wasn't immersive, I wasn't absorbed by the "design" of all the stupid hills and shit I was running around. I banged out my levels as fast as humanly possible so I could fly again, period.

"I hate flying mounts, but I can't help using them if they exist, so please take them away from everyone!"

God this forum is just a dumping ground for hardcore bullshit that no one posts on bnet anymore because they know they'll just wake up the next day buried in downvotes and 26 pages of being called an asshole.
    Exactly, totally agree. People who want to remove flying mounts for everyone because they don't like them. Sound like a bunch of entitled little shits. The reality is that the majority of these people never played the game prior to the advent of flying mounts, they are the same group that pretend they played in Vanilla to sound more hardcore or w/e. Those that did play back then, like me; know that going back to that system would be a god damn nightmare and people would hate it because they are too used to the convenience of flying mounts. Having flying mounts doesn't break immersion, kill pvp, or make the game anymore dull than it is. All it does is offer players a much needed quality of life change and less tedious form of transportation. I mean who really wants to go back to using flight paths with their horrible almost trolling pathing AI. Where it circles around the town you are trying to get to like 30xs before dropping you off. No, thank you. If you don't like flying mounts go play GW2 or SW:ToR.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

exactly the same since you have to quest everything without flying at first. Everything would just take more time. That's all.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I imagine the game would be absolutely excellent and a mecca for world PvP. And I'd definitely be having the time of my life.

Much, much smaller zones. I cannot imagine running through a Dread Waste or VotFW at 90 for any sizable amount of time before going bonkers and quitting.

Not really sure how much more ganking there would really be to be honest. People that fly through lowbie zones would probably be a more dedicated number who have the time to run to those zones. On the flip side, ganking opportunities in the 89-90 zones would be far worse.

Also, much less detail with the mountains, trees, tall buildings, etc. as no one would ever "see" them through draw distancing unless they got right to the foot of the object.

In sum, it'd be a totally different game in terms of space, and there is no way to know if that would be good/bad.

Game would've been much more fun and exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of people bitching to Blizzard to take out flying, there would be an equal amount of people bitching to add flying. You can't win with the WoW community. We only hate what's popular to be hated. Brb I'm gonna go write some hate mail about LFR, Nickelback and Lebron James.

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    I imagine the game would be absolutely excellent and a mecca for world PvP. And I'd definitely be having the time of my life.
    People don't want world PvP. If they did, they would go out into the world and do it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    People don't want world PvP. If they did, they would go out into the world and do it.
    You don't "do" World PvP. It's spontaneous because it happens when you least expect it, even if you're the one initiating. Flying mounts prevent that. People are definitely out and about in the word all of the time, they are just rarely on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    You don't "do" World PvP. It's spontaneous because it happens when you least expect it, even if you're the one initiating. Flying mounts prevent that. People are definitely out and about in the word all of the time, they are just rarely on the ground.
    I can rely on it spontaneously happening everyday in Blasted Lands by the Dark Portal. Flying mounts are essential for afk'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Everyone would rely on bots to garher stuff. There would be nearly no alts and content wouldn't last even half as long as at the moment. Casuals would comply how they are all alone in the world with only bots. Casuals would as well cry because they cannot catch up since nobody is carrying them after they finally finished leveling months after the raiding crowd.
    The word casual is used so much it hardly has any meaning anymore. However if by casual you mean someone that is not a hardcore raider, then I am very much a casual. I run LFR and have just started Flex in a combined group with my guild and another. I have 14 lvl90s and take on average 2 days to level from 85 to 90. Why do you imply that casuals level faster than hardcore raiders? Levelling is "the game" for a lot of casuals so they tend to be fairly good at it.

I am also curious how you link the absence of flying mounts to casuals "getting carried"....

You realise that flying mounts are a possible solution for all of those? You basically just told us why they were introduced.
    Nop, I don't see that. A solution can't have more problems than the characterístics or aspects fo the game that are trying to fix.
    Flying mounts changed completely the game, with that in mind, Blizzard created PvP hubs to maintain the outworld PvP, they "killed" the grounds path, they outdated the flying routes, they changed completely the "times" and travels and all the things that could happened between this points (maybe bad or good "things"), etc... (we can talk about for hours here: ground mounts, farming, AH inflation, gold inflation, quests, world zones, etc...).
    Of course we gain other things: we move faster and save from anything (PvP/PvE). The only things that are not affected for flying mounts are the instanced zones (Raids and PvP are the first ones that comes to my mind now).

Flying mounts are essential for afk'ing.
    And moving, and farming, and killing focus (rares, achievements, etc...), and searching targets, and questing, etc... ALL the game is affected by that characterístic (something that gives you inmunity, save travels at any time from anywere, transforms the game in something shorter than before, andfaster than anything than teleports, etc... see points above).

A lot of people are talking that we "can" chose what mount we want to use, that's not a good "chose".
    A good balance:
    Flying mounts: Less faster than flying paths, but we can do whatever we want. Maybe "something" (environment, hits from other players, etc..." can dismount us because it's faster than ground mounts but less "save" to travel (after all, we are flying!!).
    Flying paths: Faster and more save than any mount, but you don't have the complet control of where are you going (fixed travels, you can't go in the middle of nowhere if there isn't any travel path there), and of course, your full security cost golds.
    Ground paths: Completely save from dismounts/CCs but you recieve incoming damage (maybe 40% less from players without PvP tag, or something to fix).

That would be a good chose.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-10-30 at 11:15 AM.

First thing I thought after reading the title was: No need to imagine, I played Vanilla

Think I wouldn't come back to the game cause I wouldn't have time for it.

Also, there would be a LOT more <90 lvl players out there. Hell, I think I wouldn't get to 90 at all

First thing I thought after reading the title was: No need to imagine, I played Vanilla

Think I wouldn't come back to the game cause I wouldn't have time for it
    Use logic, Blizzard correct and fix bugs/problems/etc... every patch, so a slow advance or a unfun gameplay experience it's easy to find a solution.

One of which would be the introduction of flying mounts. So, in the end, not having flying mounts would sooner or later lead to them being introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Nop, I don't see that. A solution can't have more problems than the characterístics or aspects fo the game that are trying to fix.
    Tell that to a politician. Besides, many solutions only replace problems with different problems you consider less relevant to you, often more problems.

Tell that to a politician. Besides, many solutions only replace problems with different problems you consider less relevant to you, often more problems.
    yeah, good answer. But we can "accept" or "protest". In WoW, we just turn to "pacifist mode" (give us whatever you want, If the rewards are good, we don't care how many kittys Blizzard needs to kill).

Everything will be exactly the same except the player base will be complaining about something else.