Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    People don't want world PvP. If they did, they would go out into the world and do it.
    You don't "do" World PvP. It's spontaneous because it happens when you least expect it, even if you're the one initiating. Flying mounts prevent that. People are definitely out and about in the word all of the time, they are just rarely on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    You don't "do" World PvP. It's spontaneous because it happens when you least expect it, even if you're the one initiating. Flying mounts prevent that. People are definitely out and about in the word all of the time, they are just rarely on the ground.
    I can rely on it spontaneously happening everyday in Blasted Lands by the Dark Portal. Flying mounts are essential for afk'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Everyone would rely on bots to garher stuff. There would be nearly no alts and content wouldn't last even half as long as at the moment. Casuals would comply how they are all alone in the world with only bots. Casuals would as well cry because they cannot catch up since nobody is carrying them after they finally finished leveling months after the raiding crowd.
    The word casual is used so much it hardly has any meaning anymore. However if by casual you mean someone that is not a hardcore raider, then I am very much a casual. I run LFR and have just started Flex in a combined group with my guild and another. I have 14 lvl90s and take on average 2 days to level from 85 to 90. Why do you imply that casuals level faster than hardcore raiders? Levelling is "the game" for a lot of casuals so they tend to be fairly good at it.

I am also curious how you link the absence of flying mounts to casuals "getting carried"....

You realise that flying mounts are a possible solution for all of those? You basically just told us why they were introduced.
    Nop, I don't see that. A solution can't have more problems than the characterístics or aspects fo the game that are trying to fix.
    Flying mounts changed completely the game, with that in mind, Blizzard created PvP hubs to maintain the outworld PvP, they "killed" the grounds path, they outdated the flying routes, they changed completely the "times" and travels and all the things that could happened between this points (maybe bad or good "things"), etc... (we can talk about for hours here: ground mounts, farming, AH inflation, gold inflation, quests, world zones, etc...).
    Of course we gain other things: we move faster and save from anything (PvP/PvE). The only things that are not affected for flying mounts are the instanced zones (Raids and PvP are the first ones that comes to my mind now).

Flying mounts are essential for afk'ing.
    And moving, and farming, and killing focus (rares, achievements, etc...), and searching targets, and questing, etc... ALL the game is affected by that characterístic (something that gives you inmunity, save travels at any time from anywere, transforms the game in something shorter than before, andfaster than anything than teleports, etc... see points above).

A lot of people are talking that we "can" chose what mount we want to use, that's not a good "chose".
    A good balance:
    Flying mounts: Less faster than flying paths, but we can do whatever we want. Maybe "something" (environment, hits from other players, etc..." can dismount us because it's faster than ground mounts but less "save" to travel (after all, we are flying!!).
    Flying paths: Faster and more save than any mount, but you don't have the complet control of where are you going (fixed travels, you can't go in the middle of nowhere if there isn't any travel path there), and of course, your full security cost golds.
    Ground paths: Completely save from dismounts/CCs but you recieve incoming damage (maybe 40% less from players without PvP tag, or something to fix).

That would be a good chose.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-10-30 at 11:15 AM.

First thing I thought after reading the title was: No need to imagine, I played Vanilla

Think I wouldn't come back to the game cause I wouldn't have time for it.

Also, there would be a LOT more <90 lvl players out there. Hell, I think I wouldn't get to 90 at all

First thing I thought after reading the title was: No need to imagine, I played Vanilla

Think I wouldn't come back to the game cause I wouldn't have time for it
    Use logic, Blizzard correct and fix bugs/problems/etc... every patch, so a slow advance or a unfun gameplay experience it's easy to find a solution.

One of which would be the introduction of flying mounts. So, in the end, not having flying mounts would sooner or later lead to them being introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Nop, I don't see that. A solution can't have more problems than the characterístics or aspects fo the game that are trying to fix.
    Tell that to a politician. Besides, many solutions only replace problems with different problems you consider less relevant to you, often more problems.

Tell that to a politician. Besides, many solutions only replace problems with different problems you consider less relevant to you, often more problems.
    yeah, good answer. But we can "accept" or "protest". In WoW, we just turn to "pacifist mode" (give us whatever you want, If the rewards are good, we don't care how many kittys Blizzard needs to kill).

Everything will be exactly the same except the player base will be complaining about something else.

I'd only accept removal of flying mounts if they also removed the bloody dismount from damage crap and the daze from running away. Purely from a pve perspective since I care none for pvp.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

You forgot to add some slam about lfr and how the people that run it are noobs in this topic when you put it up just to get reactions from it. I mean we need to make sure these repetitive posts on the same topics at least match up.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

There would have been alot more spendings on the Taxi's ;o

Obviously less cases of drop and attack, or people shooting at you from places you just can´t reach them, and ofc people flying into the air waiting for you to come back from being killed. Would take longer getting places, but people would cope.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.