Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Affli nerf inc ?

what is behind this, anyone can help ? just a tooltip fix or nerf coming ?

Affliction
    Haunt You send a ghostly soul into the target, dealing [ 2,804 + 262.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage and increasing all periodic damage done by your spells on the target by 0% 35% for 8 sec. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Deleted
    the green numbers are always the new ones and I doubt that haunt ever had 0% damage increase
    tooltip fix

Deleted
    Haunt is already at 35%, its just tooltip fix from the hotfix 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Haunt is already at 35%, its just tooltip fix from the hotfix 3 or 4 weeks ago.
    Booooo so its not a buff ?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Last I remember haunt was at 30% not 35%, so if that's the case its a 5% increase.

That is *if* I'm not going crazy and I am remembering the previous nerfs right.

Edit: looks like I'm just crazy! Can't find anything. Which makes me kinda sad, cause affliction single target could use a *tiny* bit of love.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-10-25 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Which makes me kinda sad, cause affliction single target could use a *tiny* bit of love.
    Yes because I am SICK of playing a fire mage warlock...I want my DoTs back
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a tooltip fix for a hotfix they did a while ago, as explained in the news post.

Edit: looks like I'm just crazy! Can't find anything. Which makes me kinda sad, cause affliction single target could use a *tiny* bit of love.
    Why would it need any love?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_Jugg...14/60/default/
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Malkorok/...14/60/default/

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_Jugg...14/60/default/
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Malkorok/...14/60/default/

Aff and Destro look pretty much perfectly balanced on single target to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Aff and Destro look pretty much perfectly balanced on single target to me.
    Aff's a lot like boomkins right now, they do a ton of damage off the pull and then look good on really short fights (like iron jugg and malkorok). Take a much longer fight and aff starts to fall off.

This becomes increasingly apparent on the 3 important fights this tier 25m heroic siegecrafter, paragons, garrosh. Paragons is a great example, while aff you start off super strong and then fall off by the end of the fight. Destro on the other hand starts off slow and then creeps up. It's very apparent on a fight like that or right now during our heroic garrosh progression then it is on a 4-5 minute fight like iron jugg.

Even then the difference isn't staggering, which is why I said "*tiny* bit of love". Because a little 5% buff to haunt wouldn't effect multi-target much if at all and would give a nice tiny bump to single target without throwing it super far ahead like it was.

All these Mages who have rerolled to Warlock. Damn it, stop whining already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Yes because I am SICK of playing a fire mage warlock...I want my DoTs back
    So you'd rather be a shadow priest spec then?

Deleted
    Aff's a lot like boomkins right now, they do a ton of damage off the pull and then look good on really short fights (like iron jugg and malkorok). Take a much longer fight and aff starts to fall off.

This becomes increasingly apparent on the 3 important fights this tier 25m heroic siegecrafter, paragons, garrosh. Paragons is a great example, while aff you start off super strong and then fall off by the end of the fight. Destro on the other hand starts off slow and then creeps up. It's very apparent on a fight like that or right now during our heroic garrosh progression then it is on a 4-5 minute fight like iron jugg.

Even then the difference isn't staggering, which is why I said "*tiny* bit of love". Because a little 5% buff to haunt wouldn't effect multi-target much if at all and would give a nice tiny bump to single target without throwing it super far ahead like it was.
    you're absolutely right, atm afflic's opener is the strongest of all our specs and then falls behind the longer the fight, so on a 4-5 min fight it looks great coz they do so much dps on the opener and can maintain it for a decent amount of time. i would say tho that destro can do decent opener burst, ive been able to reach 650K dps in my ilvl 561 gear, ofc that is nothing compared to afflic's opener but its dps decline is smaller than afflic.

i would agree that haunt could use a slight buff to make it a bit more viable dps wise on the longer fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    you're absolutely right, atm afflic's opener is the strongest of all our specs and then falls behind the longer the fight, so on a 4-5 min fight it looks great coz they do so much dps on the opener and can maintain it for a decent amount of time. i would say tho that destro can do decent opener burst, ive been able to reach 650K dps in my ilvl 561 gear, ofc that is nothing compared to afflic's opener but its dps decline is smaller than afflic.

i would agree that haunt could use a slight buff to make it a bit more viable dps wise on the longer fights.

Is that with bloodlust? if so i think you need to work a bit on ur opener mate depends on trinks ofc.. im reaching rougly 1,05-1,1m with bl on 564 ilvl.

Logs to prove it :b http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h...=13217&e=13382

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhax View Post
    Is that with bloodlust? if so i think you need to work a bit on ur opener mate depends on trinks ofc.. im reaching rougly 1,05-1,1m with bl on 564 ilvl.

you got kardis Totem hc, wf bindings and a 561 weapon, nothing every destro lock got

also you got tricks, which is an 15% damage increase, crit banner and got lucky with multistrike:

[23:00:32.946] Dreamhaax Multistrike Malkorok 15950
    [23:00:38.593] Dreamhaax Multistrike Malkorok 31461
    [23:00:39.785] Dreamhaax Multistrike Malkorok 250424
    [23:00:40.592] Dreamhaax Multistrike Malkorok 39807
    [23:00:41.404] Dreamhaax Multistrike Malkorok 835573

650k sounds fine if he is constantly pulling it with BL. I´ve got hc bindings, malkoroks cleave trinket and a 543ilvl weapon and pulling between 650k and 900k, depending on proccs. also 564 ilvl btw
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-10-28 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    you got kardis Totem hc, wf bindings and a 561 weapon, nothing every destro lock got

also you got tricks, which is an 15% damage increase, crit banner and got lucky with multistrike:

650k sounds fine if he is constantly pulling it with BL. I´ve got hc bindings, malkoroks cleave trinket and a 543ilvl weapon and pulling between 650k and 900k, depending on proccs. also 564 ilvl btw
    FYI - u realize the cleave trinket proc does nothing in single target right? That trinket is basically complete garbage.

http://sparkuggz.com/5-4-trinket-lis...y-destruction/

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamhax View Post

I've reached 1M on pull maybe 2-3 times in total this tier. With better gear than you have. But hey, gratz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    FYI - u realize the cleave trinket proc does nothing in single target right? That trinket is basically complete garbage.

It still procs the int buff. But yeah, it isn't good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post

I know, and its still better then the ToT trinkets I got. and besides iron juggernaut there isn´t one pure single target boss, so, it doesn´t benefit 100% of the procc, but part of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post

well for me it basically comes down to how well i can sync my KTT(KTT seem to proc off CoE which just throws a wrench in the timing) and normal wush trinket together and time my chaos bolt with the wush stacks, so that i can get 2 chaos bolts off with 7/10 stacks with the KTT int proc up, when it works i can reach 720-750k dps on pull, when it doesnt i reach about 650k dps, cant remember if it was with banner or not tho.

dreamhaax, we dont all have bindings and get tricks on pull with those things reaching 1 mill dps on pull as destro in proper gear with atleast 2 normal/warforged trinket and ilvl 561 weapons, should be quite easy to reach, hell most destro locks would be able to including me and you dont have to time your chaos bolts as tightly either, atleast not with the trinkets you have.

Deleted
    With ppl saying that i was lucky did it again this week (again one shot) 1,15m opener burst. without tricks (tricks is MAX 600-800k dmg)

WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...s=9905&e=10082

Dno i dont even feel all that lucky.. i get 3 cbs off within my DS.

Usually 1 cb is buffed with ds+1 of the trinkets and the 2 others are full buffed.

And for those saying im lucky on gear.. well im just getting the gear i need, if ur topping meters 60-80% of the time u will get the gear, cuz the guild wanna progress