Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chigga View Post
    I used to take suboxone due to opiate addiction, (after quitting twice cold turkey, yet relapsing a few months later), and I would be so pissed when I would see a woman 6+ months pregnant in the office. Trust me, I understand how hard it can be to quit, I was addicted for almost 6 years, but you would think for the sake of the child growing in you, even if you did take suboxone, that you would stop as soon as you made it through the actual opiate withdrawals so as not to harm your child. I know this girl was only 14 weeks at the time, and kudos for her quitting. I don't think the state has the right to interfere at that point, but if she still had suboxone in her system, that means if she had taken a whole strip/pill, the latest that she could have taken it would have been at the most a WEEK, due to the half life of suboxone normally being at least 24-48 hours, usually on the higher end.
    I dont think it says when she found out she was pregnant but its quite common to not know you are pregnant until you are a few months along. I know my first I was 13 weeks when I found out I was pregnant and 14 weeks with a second one I miscarried due to a hospital NOT testing me before ODing me on painkillers after a broken ankle and other shit. A lot of women have very uneven cycles or even have periods during pregnancy so who knows with her. Also the drug must be safe since the government wanted her on it >.< you would also be surprised just what is safe and what isnt safe during pregnancy.. examples of safe morphine, percocet, codine, psuedoephedrine.. not safe advil, over the counter sudafed(which is very different from the psuedoephedrine which is behind the counter), cholesterol meds and aspirin. Also I think you missed where she had suboxone in her system at 14 weeks but had stopped taking it 3 days before. She refused to take it again when the doctor or nurse tried to get her to take it which is why she ended up in trouble in the first place. She actually quit the drug at least in November of the previous year and it seems she is as far along as I am(due one week before) so that puts her conception date around mid april.. I am no doctor but that sounds good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    I dont trust those guys.
    not sure why their news is less biased than many news programs and they do research but to each their own I suppose
    Last edited by Voodoou; 2013-10-25 at 01:53 PM.