Deleted

Question Content patch in December?

So far during MoP we've had a content patch about every 3 months

Mop launch: 25th September
    Patch 5.1: 27th November - 9 Weeks from launch
    Patch 5.2: 5th March - 14 Weeks from 5.1
    Patch 5.3: 21st May - 11 Weeks from 5.2
    Patch 5.4: 10th September - 16 Weeks from 5.3

We are now 6-7 weeks after 5.4. The 3rd of December would put us at 12 weeks since 5.4.

I'm sure we'll all hear about what's coming next at Blizzcon, but since there's no sign of a content patch on the ptr. Could blizzard be cutting it a little close for a December patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen...

Blizzard have stated several times, v5.4 will be the last content patch in MoP..
    Even if we get a v5.5 patch, it will be similar to v5.1 and v5.3, i.e. non-content patch...

Also, v5.4.1 will most likely be released in 2 weeks, so, how does that affect "your" timeline?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-10-25 at 01:39 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    end 2013 i assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    With all the new Titan devs now working on WoW I reckon the new expansion will be out sooner than MoP was relative to Cataclysm. I don't think a new patch will be as close as December, I think it will be like Cataclysm where the pre-patch comes right before the expansion release itself. The new expansion to me seems like it will be out by Summer next year, with the beta starting before or after Christmas.

Well if their sub numbers keep dropping they'll have to come up with something. I just hope it's not F2P or a cash shop.

5.4 is the last RAIDING patch not the last patch... we could get another content patch.
    Maybe something to round up the trial of Garrosh and start event for next xpac?

I think we will have the 5.5 PTR after blizzcon, so may be 5.5 for December? who knows

I think there'll be one.

-Reclaiming of Gilneas/Ashenvale
    -Trial for Garrosh
    -Horde adjusting under Vol'jin
    -Rebuilding of orgrimmar
    -Few hints or early warning signs of next expac

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not going to happen...

Blizzard have stated several times, v5.4 will be the last content patch in MoP..
    Even if we get a v5.5 patch, it will be similar to v5.1 and v5.3, i.e. non-content patch...

Also, v5.4.1 will most likely be released in 2 weeks, so, how does that affect "your" timeline?
    Actually , they haven't. They have stated many times that it's the last raiding patch of the expansion. Since then they have ranged from unsure of a content patch and that there will most likely be a content patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I think there'll be one.

-Reclaiming of Gilneas/Ashenvale
    -Trial for Garrosh
    -Horde adjusting under Vol'jin
    -Rebuilding of orgrimmar
    -Few hints or early warning signs of next expac
    I very much want a patch that has content that transitions from one expansion to the next. If i have one complaint about MoP it's that it was weird to have all of this Pandaria stuff around in major cities when we hadn't even heard about Pandaria yet. I think a patch with content leading into the next expansion would be awesome.

Generally, even minor patches between raid tiers have been on the PTR for 2-3 months before going live. 5.3 was on the PTR for 2.5 months before going live even though it was a very minor patch. The fact that 5.5 isn't on the PTR at all yet suggests that it probably won't be happening until at least late January or February.

On top of that, given that the next expansion won't be released until about May (and I still think August or September is the most realistic) in the most optimistic possible scenario, it makes sense for them to hold off on 5.5 to space things out a little better. You wouldn't want to put 5.5 out in December and then have an 8+ month gap for the next expansion.

Deleted
    Cory Stockton, Lead Content Designer

On whether Patch 5.4 would be postponed to increase the length of the current expansion.

"Nope, we are feeling really happy with the pace of our patches and all signs indicate we will keep moving at that pace for the forseeable future."

Unconfirmed Speaker

On the expanded team, as well as faster content cycles.

"The team size has increased 40% and another 40% increase is planned, which will hopefully allow for a new content patch every month, a new raid tier every three to five months, and an annual expansion."

Tom Chilton, Game Director and Lead Game Designer

On featuring the changes following Garrosh's defeat in the actual game world, as well as an 'event' that will occur.

"We don't have plans right now to express that in the world in 5.4 -- there's an event that's going to be taking place between 5.4 and the next expansion, assuming there is one of course. (laughs)

[...]

There will be an event between now and then.(laughs) So players will have to wait and see how that shakes out.

[...]

I don't know that it will be numbered that [5.5] specifically, but yes, there will be something between now, and an expansion, should an expansion happen."

There are also other quotes stating that 5.4 definitely concludes the Mists of Pandaria storyline. But as the quote by Tom Chilton confirms, there will be an event between 5.4 and the expansion. An event as in a significant filler patch, like 5.1. I'd say it's safe to assume that "5.5" will be out in December / January, with Expansion 5 out in April or May.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I'm expecting 5.5 to be revealed at Blizzcon, probably with PTR starting the next week. With no raid, I can see a patch in mid December or early January.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

December is always a tough time for new content. If it's not out early December, it probably gets pushed to January after the holidays are over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    December is always a tough time for new content. If it's not out early December, it probably gets pushed to January after the holidays are over.
    Yeah. Pretty much within a week of Christmas it's an embargo on all content releases.

On the note of Christmas, they haven't updated Winters Whatever, have they?

10+ Year Old Account
    there will not be a new raid
    but there will be a 5.5. world event patch setting the stage for 6.1

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    there will not be a new raid
    but there will be a 5.5. world event patch setting the stage for 6.1
    You mean setting the stage for 6.0.

Deleted
    There will be no 5.5, there will only be a couple of 5.4.x mini-patches.

I imagine they already have a 5.5 planned but won't reveal it till Blizzcon since it's probably related to the next expansion

Deleted
    Unless people are counting pre expansion patch but I assume there will be a small patch in between.