Deleted

Working on Loremaster, need advice.

Because I'm starting to run out of things to do, I decided to just finish up my Loremaster achievement and finally get all quests out of the way. Now questing is something I despised since forever so I almost have to do everything related to Loremaster to finish it up. I'm aware it's a big time investment and all that but that's not my biggest problem.

What I've been afraid all along of just slapped me in the face. After an hour or 3 of running around Darkshore and completing the quests there, I managed to miss exactly 1 quest which I can't seem to find anywhere. I'm assuming it's a lost cause to download any addons for this area but I would like to be able to prevent this problem in the future. Without having to tab out to read a guide for every single quest, is there some sort of addon that helps me track quests and point me in the direction of the objectives? I've tried looking around curse but I just have no clue where to start.

Any suggestions?

There's an addon called Loremaster that can tell you which quests you haven't done in a zone, you still need to look up the quest on wowhead but it still makes it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might not be the biggest of helps, but more often than not when you're missing quests from a particular zone and there's no questiver in sight, chances are the missing quest starts from an item dropped by some mob.

There's a couple addons that might help you, and i strongly encourage you to get them. Loremaster and Quest Completist (used the latter waaay back so it might not have been upaded). What these addons do is poll the server for the quests you have already completed (even prior to you installing the addon) and shows you which ones you're mising and where to get them.

Deleted
    Thanks to both of you, that's extremely helpful. It seems like Quest Completist indeed hasn't been updated properly but there are two good alternatives in the comments for that addon. Loremaster is definitely something I'm going to use.

NOt sure for alliance, but I know for Horde you must do the Gates of AQ opening questline, which is a pita. I used Questcomplete (i think that is the name) to help me and make sure you have the Quest icon turned on your mini map to help you find quest givers you might of missed while flying through a zone.

**edit** I completed mine before MoP so my information may not be up to date.

Yeah check dropped items that start quests.

Also : install an addon to track this stuff before you go to the next zone. They help a ton.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Get Quest Completist and perform a server query to see which quests you've done and make sure you have "hide completed quests" checked, that ought to do the trick

Go here: http://www.icy-veins.com/completed-quests-checker-wow

Put in the info, and let it do it's magic. Maybe something will come up. I found it to be pretty helpful.

As for the long grind.... there's really only one way of making it more tolerable. Sure you could just sack up and grind it, but...

Why don't you simply retell the story?

As you quest, throw in some of your own RP elements. Comment, question, interact with the NPCs, and at times, challenge yourself.

For example, in Jade Forest, we are part of a ship wreck when we first enter. How likely is it that you didn't lose a single piece of heavy gear while you were trying to swim to safety? Not very likely. So I unequipped some obvious pieces like my head, shoulders, chest, gloves, a boots, and did the first couple quests semi-nude.

Now this is a bad example because it was at current content, and thus much harder/time consuming, BUT, if you're 85+ and you're doing level 11 stuff, you'll still truck right through it, even when naked.

Will this take more time? Generally, yes, but it will make it more of an enjoyable experience so you'll start going through the quests with a newer zeal. You'll start looking forward to the next quest, to figure out what new developments have been made so that your character can respond accordingly.

Deleted
    If you run TomTom, you can get an addon called Paste and just use wowhead for all the co-ords for every scroll. Worked swimmingly for me.

Deleted
    Use zygorguides. An addon which tells and marks where you need to go, how to do the quest. It also uses the fastest route. If you google "how to get zygorguides free" you should get it and I asked blizzard and they said they were fine with this addon (because its not from curse).

Deleted
    there is also around plus 2-6 quests in each area so dont worry if you seem to have missed one, there should always be some quests here and there you can do instead.... remember that some quests in the area can be found in other zones

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Use zygorguides. An addon which tells and marks where you need to go, how to do the quest. It also uses the fastest route. If you google "how to get zygorguides free" you should get it and I asked blizzard and they said they were fine with this addon (because its not from curse).
    Isn't that only for quickest leveling? I thought it didn't include achivements.

I always used wowpedia and just looked at zone quests. Though with that being said. I still have kalimdor to do. Not looking forward to it either

Quote Originally Posted by goBIGorGOhome View Post
    I always used wowpedia and just looked at zone quests. Though with that being said. I still have kalimdor to do. Not looking forward to it either
    Kalimdor should be one one of the easier as it's mostly revamped and the quests shouldn't be hard to find. I think Outland is worst because some quests happens in multiple zones.

FALL DOWN THE WHIRLPOOL. quest in there