View Poll Results: Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

Voters
684. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior

    13 1.90%
  • Paladin

    9 1.32%
  • Death Knight

    6 0.88%
  • Rogue

    11 1.61%
  • Monk

    5 0.73%
  • Druid

    21 3.07%
  • Shaman

    14 2.05%
  • Hunter

    29 4.24%
  • Mage

    38 5.56%
  • Warlock

    525 76.75%
  • Priest

    13 1.90%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    warlocks and hunters. Hunters do really good damage consistently on all fights, they don't get interrupted on Thok and usually win the meters there, they have no movement penalty so are always able to keep up damage, plus bring any missing buffs needed. Warlocks just have great survivability and damage, plus gateways and useful symbiosis.

    Rogues for melee, for high damage and for smoke bomb.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Warlocks. To the people arguing hunters are great -
    Please start raiding heroics and tell me the same thing. You'll be dying to get rid of your hunter to get a boomkin, ele shaman or shadow priest with their raid cooldowns instead. Movement is a non issue unless the people you play with are really bad and get their DPS hindered by movement, and bringing all buffs when a total of 5 members is needed for every buff is not even remotely great. Kiting etc... Any class can do that nowadays.
    why is your guild looking to recruit a hunter then?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    why is your guild looking to recruit a hunter then?
    They already have 3 warlocks, if they -needed- anymore, I'm sure they'd change it accordingly.

  3. #23
    I see some top guilds in our realm recruiting Boomkins or Ele Shammans for their raid off heal utility... IMO it is quite easy to find warlocks these days but I couldn't say the same for boomies/ele shamans.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    On raidbots, warlocks are on top for every single 10H fight -
    Except for Norushen, Galakras, Jug, Malkorok, and Spoils (/shrug), they are on top for every single 10H fight. 60 percent of the time they are on top 100 percent of the time.

    But still, yeah...Warlocks are kinda valuable.

  5. #25
    I would say equal, Tanks are highly sought after tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

  6. #26
    Hunters are fine UNLESS you're in the top 100 etc. This poll, like a lot of these things, is less than useful because it's too broad. What kind of a raid - heroic or normals/flex? 10 or 25? How serious/hardcore is the raid (pushing server first or better or wants to clear some heroic modes by the end of the patch?). What other classes do I have?

    For people saying "the more locks the better" think about what happens if you have 3 mages and 5 locks. You'll gear the raid more slowly because you'd have 8 dps clothies.

    Context, people. It matters.

  7. #27

  8. #28
    1. Warlock: Overpowered on lots of fights (at least 6 or 7 in SoO), decent (=on the level of the other dds) on the other fights. Very high survivability, good mobility.
    2. Hunter: Very good DMG on every fight. Good survivability, very good mobility, very much utility (in 10man at least).
    3. Rogues: Very good DMG on most fights. Best Survivability, good utility.

    All other are good on some fights but also bad on others imo. So to build a raid you want lots of these 3 classes, get the raidsupport you need through other classes and then fill the raid with classes that are good on the fight or leave them out if they are bad.

  9. #29
    While I agree that warlocks are in a great spot atm compared to last expansion, all the idiots citing raidbots to prove their point makes me chuckle. All raidbots does it take top 100 parses and sort classes and specs accordingly. Here's where it's horribly inaccurate; it uses chinese parses who have access to higher item level gear. Classes that scale really well with gear are going to be up there because almost all the parses raidbots is counting are chinese. There's a reason why warlocks get their dots nerfed at the beginning of every single tier (Corruption nerf when ToT came out and Agony nerf this tier). It's because warlocks are one of those classes that just scale better than other classes with gear due to nature of their dots and filler.

    As far as "10h parses with warlocks on top of every single boss" go, again, affliction warlocks have the best burst right now and as the fight duration increases, affliction single target drops off like a rock. When you're using 10h parses from raidbots that are using mostly chinese parses who have access to ilvl 590 gear or whatever it is atm, what do you think will happen when they do 10 mans which are tuned same as US/EU 10 mans? Bosses will die way faster and classes with extremely high burst will be up there.

    TL;DR: While warlocks are in a great spot, many people exaggerate their claims with skewed data. I guess it's asking for too much to expect people to use a little common sense.
    Last edited by mystogunn; 2013-10-25 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #30
    The people saying Hunters bring a lot of utility clearly don't know just how much more literally every other DPS class/spec brings.

    We're not horrible overall but when it comes to utility and raid cooldowns we're literally the worst in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mystogunn View Post
    While I agree that warlocks are in a great spot atm compared to last expansion, all the idiots citing raidbots to prove their point makes me chuckle. All raidbots does it take top 100 parses and sort classes and specs accordingly. Here's where it's horribly inaccurate; it uses chinese parses who have access to higher item level gear. Classes that scale really well with gear are going to be up there because almost all the parses raidbots is counting are chinese. There's a reason why warlocks get their dots nerfed at the beginning of every single tier (Corruption nerf when ToT came out and Agony nerf this tier). It's because warlocks are one of those classes that just scale better than other classes with gear due to nature of their dots and filler.

    As far as "10h parses with warlocks on top of every single boss" go, again, affliction warlocks have the best burst right now and as the fight duration increases, affliction single target drops off like a rock. When you're using 10h parses from raidbots that are using mostly chinese parses who have access to ilvl 590 gear or whatever it is atm, what do you think will happen when they do 10 mans which are tuned same as US/EU 10 mans? Bosses will die way faster and classes with extremely high burst will be up there.

    TL;DR: While warlocks are in a great spot, many people exaggerate their claims with skewed data. I guess it's asking for too much to expect people to use a little common sense.
    Well you know, it's extremely easy to filter US/EU only. If you do that you'll see that warlocks top 7 out of the first 11 bosses still on 10H (siegecrafter through garrosh haven't been killed enough times for data on that).

    So it's not skewed data in the slightest. I guess it's asking for too much to expect you to actually comprehend the data.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hunters aren't amazing I'd put them near bottom personally they bring nothing of value to the raid. I dare say only reason they are used is to soak up wpns and garbage mail
    Have fun on siegecrafter heroic dude !

  12. #32
    The poll is a 10 way tie for #2.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

    Well you know, it's extremely easy to filter US/EU only. If you do that you'll see that warlocks top 7 out of the first 11 bosses still on 10H (siegecrafter through garrosh haven't been killed enough times for data on that).

    So it's not skewed data in the slightest. I guess it's asking for too much to expect you to actually comprehend the data.
    Use 25h parses instead of 10h. Also, go back and check how many of those logs were posted before agony and haunt nerfs.

  14. #34
    Gotta go with a warlock here. They bring way too much overall to not want one in every raid. I don't even care what spec, but destruction seems to be doing some pretty insane DPS these days. Let's see... High DPS, helpful beneficial buffs, battle rez, portals, good survivability (latent AND on demand,) mobility, green fire? Come on, share some of the good stuff with the rest of us!!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

  15. #35
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,538
    Warlocks might be true because they are high DPS and not a lot of them, but the reality is it is going to depend on the raid's comp.

    As a raid leader, I look for buff/debuff coverage and balanced loot distribution more than I look at specific classes. Sometimes that boils down to a particular spec or class, but it's never a "oh I love mages so much" so much as "oh, I need crit and a mage makes the most sense for our comp."
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  16. #36
    While I agree Warlocks are the most wanted, I'd argue Boomkins are the most sought after since they're not nearly as abundant.

  17. #37
    Warlock, but I don't understand the Hunter hate..

    I am a hunter and I provide quite a bit of overall utility to my raid group whether it be conveyer belt, thok, slowing adds, kiting, ect as well as doing a pretty high amount of dps..

  18. #38
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    286
    So basically your asking What class should I play?

  19. #39
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hunters aren't amazing I'd put them near bottom personally they bring nothing of value to the raid. I dare say only reason they are used is to soak up wpns and garbage mail
    not sure if srs or stupid.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  20. #40
    lock and hunter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •