Poll: Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    While I agree Warlocks are the most wanted, I'd argue Boomkins are the most sought after since they're not nearly as abundant.
    Good moonkins are really hard to find in my experience. Of all the years I've raided and all the ones I've recruited, I think I've only ever raided with one who was worth a damn.

And really, any of the three specs that bring spellhaste are useful since unlike everything else that is covered by multiple specs of multiple classes, it's only three particular specs out of all 33 in the game. If you can cover it with a hunter, that's great, but then you can't use that hunter to cover anything else you're missing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Warlocks by far obv....meele is out by default and warlocks are best dps AND survivability....its kinda funny to have a class so OP at this stage in a game's life but oh well

I laughed so hard when I saw the poll results

Deleted
    Somehow Warlocks are always amazing for hc raiding, and 95% of them are also really bad. Seen alot of locks come and go these past 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I laughed so hard when I saw the poll results
    I was kinda suprised to see them aswell. Maybe I should finally level my lock...

I had a chuckle as I saw the poll. I thought okay, a few 3's, a few 4's, *scrolls down* BAM 138! lol

I do agree with it though. Locks bring so much to the table. Buffs, cookies, portals, a combat rez and they hit like trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltopperpete View Post
    Healthstones, soulstones, stam buff, strong dps, hilarious imps, 5% magic damage, and they're pretty much invincible- what's not to love about a Warlock? Another plus is that not a lot of very casual players roll warlocks. In my experience, a random warlock is more likely to be good than a random hunter or DK.

I find that in pugs and flex, you're most likely to sneak "a really good warlock" into your group than any other class, especially compared to melee...
    That Gateway is pretty awesome too for some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Hunters are amazing, they can bring any buff, have decent dps that isn't decreased by movement, MD, the ability to kite shit if need be. What exactly about them makes them have "nothing of value" to a raid?

They are great on thok and can solo conveyer on blackfuse.
    The buffs/debuffs are useless with a decent raid comp in 10 man and is completely irrelevant for 25 mans. In terms of actual utility, hunters are at the bottom of the pile by a large margin. They have no raid cooldowns at all and a lot of it's "utility" is tied to pets (Heroism, Battle Resurrection) and that makes it annoying to use when taking a pet for a buff/debuff, which only happens in 10 mans. In 25 mans you could select a pet for it, but it would be strange if you had no mages or shamans for heroism, or a druid/DK/Warlock for battle ress.

Deleted
    Yeah warlocks kinda are the most wanted class currently this expac, though end of cata on my server locks where also high in demand

Deleted
    Always has and always will be Warlocks, sadly

Warlocks are universally desired for their raid utility and their high damage.

Hunters are highly desired in 10m for their flexibility in raid buffs.

Rogues are highly desired in 25m for their high damage, ability to handle/dampen the effectiveness of melee raid mechanics.

Feral druids get an honorable mention because of really good damage and symbio/roar.

And nobody really wants melee monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkiey View Post
    Yeah warlocks kinda are the most wanted class currently this expac, though end of cata on my server locks where also high in demand
    Generally always has been. When I first picked up WoW in Classic my friends recommended that I play a warlock due to them being in demand due to need and lack of warlocks. Personally it was a choice between the mage and the warlock. I liked the darker theme of the warlock while I liked the pew pew of the mage. In the end I was glad I stuck it out with the warlock and personally has felt like I got far more variety of play out of it than a mage over all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    I prefer to bring the player not the class...
    That has never been the case at a high level progression, yeah you can bring a strong player but you'd make that player play something useful or broken. So sure, bring the player that has the time commitment, skill, quick learning, friendlyness and focus... as long as he plays the best class/spec.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Warlocks.

Other classes that are close to warlocks levels only steal loot from them or are melee classes and as such are undesirable. The reason hunter is a viable alternative is because they don't use warlock gear and ain't melee dps . It is not because they are better than certain other classes!

Warlock definitely.....they great niche specs for different fights and have so much damn utility. They also scale really well with gear. Warlock for sure. Mage is a close (but not really) 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneuh View Post
    Somehow Warlocks are always amazing for hc raiding, and 95% of them are also really bad. Seen alot of locks come and go these past 6 years.
    3 very high performing specs that locks can jump between depending on the needs of the raid.
    Demo (nerfed now) had high aoe burst and strong single target due to broken Lei Shen trinket.
    Affliction dominates on fights where there's multiple targets that stay alive for a while.
    Destruction has high aoe/cleave on a relative short cd and high single target.

There's no other class that touches Warlocks when it comes to diversity, melee are all restricted by range to adds and the fact that they have to stand "in your face" to deal damage makes them take more damage potentially because of ground effects (if they want to dps fully). Warlocks also bring health berries, portals, soulstone for instant ress on tanks or regular combat resses, they also have a higher health pool than other classes and they can use talents/glyphs to heal/shield themselves when they deal damage. They also have good mobility and with their personal portal thing they can plan their movement and basically outrun everyone, warlocks might not be OP in every single sense but as a class their potential is far, far superior to any other class this expansion.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    These poll results made me chuckle. Balanced much

Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    hunters appear to be more useful for 10 man as they can do the jack of every trade with buffs, but in 25 man raiding you rarely get more than 2. Sometimes 1.
    Very happy about our hunter at least. He has brought us an missing buff many times, and even BL when both our mage and shammy went on vacation at the same time.
    Warlock is a must though. The tripple healthpot for each fight in HS, combatres, and the god damn lovely portal is just godsend.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Blizz fucked over locks this expansion. So tired of smelling that fotm stink. Hopefully they give another class the revamp shit and all the fotm'ers reroll.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-10-25 at 11:13 PM.