Poll: Which is the most sought after DPS class for Raiding?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's very rare that polls about "Which class is _____?" are this conclusive... Warlocks is one of the least played classes despite being very good in raids and in a good state for both PvE and PvP.

Not surprisingly the other high ranked answers are also ranged.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Gateways, portals, summons, healthstone, 30% passive DR, #1 dps, locks are just OP

warlock obviously...always been and always will be

Deleted
    i thought Feral druid in BiS was supposed to be the strongest dps in game

Nobody ever wants us Death Knight DPS..

Warlocks, yeah...that was so unexpected!

jk fucking OP class :3

I think many people want hunters because of their buffs in 10 mans, but in 25 man everything is covered and, unless they do high damage like in SoO, they aren't that useful unless it's a high movement fight or some Thok silence/running BS.

Otherwise I think the most sought DPS are GOOD moonkins. I only know like 5 really good moonkins in my national 25H scene that are worth a damn and the rest is okish. A really good Moonkin does great DPS (as great as you can be compared to WLs :3) and brings much much to the raid. Roar is very helpful in many many fights, a fast BR can save the day, Innervates are good, Symb can be awesome. Their symbiosis allows them to soak some stuff or to make them tankier in long healing-intensive fights. Oh, and the Tranq...topping the raid in like 4 seconds is nice and if you have some really healing intensive fights you can continue to blanket reju the raid and heal insane amounts (even more than main-healers unless they also use all their CDs?) of damage. Vortex and Typhoon are also handy depending on the fight.

So yeah, WL and Boomkins, maybe some rogues and ferals melee-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    While I agree Warlocks are the most wanted, I'd argue Boomkins are the most sought after since they're not nearly as abundant.
    I agree.
    Warlocks are definitely the most popular to take with you in raids, but sought after? There are TONS of and more than enough Locks around atm.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks nothing is even remotely going to compete with this lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    i thought Feral druid in BiS was supposed to be the strongest dps in game
    They are on single target. There's only a handful of single target encounters in SoO though.

OT: I find it really depressing that there's a faction among this community who thinks Hunters are really good right now. We bring average, consistent DPS and a toolbox of buffs for 10man. In progression 25s, we bring zero utility and only mediocre DPS and survivability.

You can never have enough warlocks.

warlock

/end thread

why did people vote priests? lol

Deleted
    Was not surprised to come in here and see Warlocks being the most common vote which was also mine ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilvaldi View Post
    I prefer to bring the player not the class...
    except warlock ofc

I'd say Warlock for Ranged, Rogue for Melee (when you "want" melee). A good Warlock is IMO worth their weight in gold but the class is for me at least insanely hard to play and very confusing since you have to manage a ton of things and for me at least you spend more time watching DoTs than actually doing anything else. But then again I suck at my Warlock

Deleted
    I think that this quote from Ahdehl (Blood Legion) sums it up nicely:

'Got Warlocks? Okay, bring those in. Anyone have alt warlocks? Okay, log onto those and get in the raid. Who's on a Mage? Okay, go do scenarios or something while the real classes raid...'

Deleted
    Warlock since having 3 DPS specs allows them to do well in most situations in the current raid tier.

LMFAO those are some interesting results.

You know what's almost as funny? One, this is after some pretty hefty nerfs to the class, and two, the Lock class is still the third least represented.

I feel bad for Blizzard; so much effort into revamping Locks so that people would play them and yet only a +2% population increase. They're probably sitting their scratching their heads wondering "how the heck do we get people to play locks, make them poop rainbows as they walk or something?".

Quote Originally Posted by Contemplating View Post
    LMFAO those are some interesting results.

You know what's almost as funny? One, this is after some pretty hefty nerfs to the class, and two, the Lock class is still the third least represented.

I feel bad for Blizzard; so much effort into revamping Locks so that people would play them and yet only a +2% population increase. They're probably sitting their scratching their heads wondering "how the heck do we get people to play locks, make them poop rainbows as they walk or something?".
    Warlock is sooooooooooooooooo boring though, i'm sure they're fun at max level but I can't for the life of me level one. I just hate pet classes, and I'm sure a lot of the population does as well, but I've never had a problem playing a hunter because they're fun at low levels, you get a bow, multishot and disengage which is awesome and fun in low level dungeons (ability bloat fucks them later though). Warlocks don't get their cool shit until later so you're stuck doing shit dps in dungeons with your little dots and your stupid imp pet.