Thread: Possible Racism

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Possible Racism

http://www.france24.com/en/20131024-...hildren-racism

This all seems very queer to me. Taking children away from parents who look different despite proper documents (in the case of the boy) because the child has blonde hair is.. ridiculous they were targeted and the kid taken simply because the child didn't look like them, what's next? Force every tan roma that has a light child to all go under forced dna testing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you missed the commotion in Greece. However genetics can be fun and I do think that we should be careful with reflexive dark parents can't have fair children.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I'm guessing you missed the commotion in Greece. However genetics can be fun and I do think that we should be careful with reflexive dark parents can't have fair children.
    I saw Greece, Greece isn't Ireland. These parents had proper birth certs and that was ignored because they were too tan, they pleaded said that the grandparents were light with blonde hair but nope that was ignored.

they had many reoprts from concerned citicens. They had to act on it. After the tests the kids were returned to their family.

I dont see anything wrong with that.

The only question is why were there so many reports from citicens, but after that case in greece was so dramatised by the press I am not surprised by that either.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    it does seem wrong to remove a child from a family just because the look different, especially if they have documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I saw Greece, Greece isn't Ireland. These parents had proper birth certs and that was ignored because they were too tan, they pleaded said that the grandparents were light with blonde hair but nope that was ignored.
    Yeah; I read in a Dutch paper that the birth certificate was forged.
    Parental tests will prove whether or not the child is theirs.

But look; human trade/trafficking is a huge problem. I, for one, feel that there is at least sufficient suspicion to force a parental test.

Deleted
    This is just horrible, it's degrading to the parents and humiliating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting this to be about the kid in NY that got detained for buying that belt at a fancy boutique

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    they had many reoprts from concerned citicens. They had to act on it. After the tests the kids were returned to their family.

I dont see anything wrong with that.

The only question is why were there so many reports from citicens, but after that case in greece was so dramatised by the press I am not surprised by that either.
    The question then becomes where are we heading. Every tan person with light children is at risk of having their children taken away and forced to go through dna testing not to mention the unnecessary stress on the child and the parents because of what happened in Greece because other people reported them and are concerned simply because they look different? It doesn't seem like good place to go. I know an Italian girl who is blonde and fairly light and her mother is tan olive with dark hair, it happens quite often and to start snatching up kids and breaking up families momentarily, seems rather alarmist.

7 year old girl gets abducted in Greece and the Irish police confiscate a 2 year old boy... am I reading this right???? I could understand if you want to confirm the child is with their rightful parents through blood testing in a civil way but guilty before innocent is a pretty messed up approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Yeah; I read in a Dutch paper that the birth certificate was forged.
    Parental tests will prove whether or not the child is theirs.

But look; human trade/trafficking is a huge problem. I, for one, feel that there is at least sufficient suspicion to force a parental test.
    What is the sufficient suspicion? Being a tan roma with a light child = forced dna testing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I was expecting this to be about the kid in NY that got detained for buying that belt at a fancy boutique
    This was actually my initial thought

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    7 year old girl gets abducted in Greece and the Irish police confiscate a 2 year old boy... am I reading this right???? I could understand if you want to confirm the child is with their rightful parents through blood testing in a civil way but guilty before innocent is a pretty messed up approach.
    There was also a 7 year old girl taken from her roma parents, she was also light skinned and she was later returned.

Deleted
    When you see two light skinned parents walking with an asian or an african baby these "suspicions" don't rise, why would they do with the opposite then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Stop screaming racism at everything where colour of skin is mentioned. This is picture of the girl and the alleged parents:

Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't be suspicious? Also, the girl was confirmed to not be their biological child with DNA test, so there is that.
    that was the Greece case, not the Ireland one. got any pics of Irish family?

Deleted
    media shit storm not withstanding I think every person who saw that kid with those parents would question the lineage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Stop screaming racism at everything where colour of skin is mentioned. This is picture of the girl and the alleged parents:

Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't be suspicious? Also, the girl was confirmed to not be their biological child with DNA test, so there is that.
    Would you question these then? It's the exact same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindico View Post

Something doesn't seem right there, there is no way that kid with the tooth missing is theirs!

Deleted

because people know who these people are? they be the famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What is the sufficient suspicion? Being a tan roma with a light child = forced dna testing?
    One example, yes. Or a congoid child. Or an inuit child.

Fact of the matter is, again, that trade in human beings is an exceptionally large problem at the moment, especially when it concerns Western Europe/Eastern Europe relations. There is a hell of a lot of trade in humans, for sex slavery, construction slavery and more, from Eastern European traders to Western European buyers/users. And it must end. So whenever there is suspicion of it happening, action must be undertaken. You can shout 'oh no, racism' all you want, but this is one of those cases where it's better safe than sorry. And since the parents did not prove that there are ethnic traits like the one portrayed by the child in the immediate ancestry (as was claimed), it's not 'evil' or 'racist' to demand a background check/DNA test.

And since the DNA test confirmed the parent's claims, they are returned their children.

Sure; once could argue that the children should not have been taken away during the investigation, but that might cause a flight-risk in a case of actual guilt. Does the police and government owe this family an apology? Yes, it does. Did they do the right thing in suspecting criminal offense? In my opinion, they did.

Because legal adoption equals slave trade, amirite?
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-10-25 at 02:30 PM.