Competence of Ovale for feral??

I'm a Guardian and my offspec is feral. Don't enjoy feral all that much, rarely do I have to go it though. But I do want to be prepared for when I have to.

With that said, do ya'll really trust Ovale/leaf killers script for feral? From what I've been monitoring it seems pretty trustworthy. Wondering what others have experienced with it.

If you are going to be an occasional Feral with mostly Bear gear you will find Feral very wonky with your crit sky high and your mastery low.

Quote Originally Posted by SpineCloud View Post
    With that said, do ya'll really trust Ovale/leaf killers script for feral? From what I've been monitoring it seems pretty trustworthy. Wondering what others have experienced with it.
    Plenty trustworthy for an offspec or a new player. As you can imagine, it doesn't necessarily suggest the absolute best action for your exact scenario at any given time; there's only so much information about the situation an addon can access before you start getting into abstract decision making, and that's something that a skilled player would learn to acknowledge.

For example, lets say the boss is at 27%, both your trinkets proc and your TF is about to come off cooldown. You should know at this point that you should hit your potion as you get ready to apply a huge rip, but you realize that you don't have a PS to buff the Rip with DoC (oh noes!). What the script cannot tell you is that this is an appropriate time to leave form to hardcast an HT, before popping your potion and TF to apply that Rip.

Edit: Some simpler examples:
    - You'll be leaving the target soon and won't be back before your bleeds end (should refresh before leaving)
    - You know a target dies or becomes immune to damage or unimportant at a health value other than 0 (you should account for this in your application of bleeds and usage of FB)

I'm sure you get the point. These are the things that seperate an average player using Ovale from an exceptional one (along with many others).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-10-25 at 06:10 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    It's pretty good. If you aren't sure about it just try it on a dummy at see what numbers you come up with.

In case you haven't you should also read this:
    http://theincbear.com/getting-the-mo...-as-a-guardian