Uptight Moderation?

I’m getting kind of sick of getting PMs from scrapbot, I can’t fart anywhere near this forum without getting one of his PMs saying that I got infracted for “trolling” or whatever.
    I would like to know if it would be possible to get a definition of shit like “trolling” and “spamming” attached to the existing forum rules, because it seems that each moderator around here has his own definition of it ~

For example:

Google: spam
    noun: spam; noun: Spam
    irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
    I Post:

Yeah, you are obviously getting ddosed, most obvious explanation. Let's face it, 100 viewers while streaming is no small deal... if I were you I would consider hiring real life protection, you never know what those evil haters might be plotting next.
    Infraction For: spamming
    Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post23054243

Wiki: Trolling
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community
    I post:
    He created that account today, just to make a post about racism in this forum... I wouldn't bother much with it if I were you.
    Dat said ~ Laters mmo champ! Capt. Obvious awaayyyyyyyyyy ~
    Infraction For: trolling
    Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post22086892

Or even lesser stuff such as getting threads closed for having a “misleading” title, such as this one: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pay-2-win-quot

…And this is nothing compared to what some other users already got, there are far worst scenarios around there.

The worst of all is, these kind of stuff isn’t applied to everyone, I seen moderators themselves grammar policing and even replying with memes (with are both against the rules)…

If you report them nothing really happens, the content gets removed in a really sneaky way, no warnings, no reasons for being edited or whatsoever. If you try to discuss it, you get a warning for going “off-topic” and get told that if you have issues with the administration you need to contact them privately, if you do and happen to actually get an answer from them it’s something along the lines “we will look into it”… with is just… well… “hurray”.

So if you could clear this up for me, I would be quite thankful. Because if I am to be reported for “trolling” every time I make use of sarcasm… I’ll just be quite screwed.

Pandaren Monk SourceOfInfection's Avatar
    Reporting something doesn't mean it will be infracted. It is based off of several factors, including the amount of reports waged against the post, who reports it, for what reasons, and the moderators personal feelings.

This is a privately operated forum, they can do as they please.

You were also deserving of an infraction in the examples you gave. I have learned to walk the grey area and be a snarky ass without getting infracted.
    Last edited by SourceOfInfection; 2013-10-25 at 03:27 PM.
    I've seen what's over the mountain, and you don't have anything to be dancing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well fuck if you all want some sources here's some websites. I haven't read them so fuck you if you blame me for bad info.

Creating a thread like this will likely end in a infraction. You should delete this thread, and paste it all in a PM to a mod or Sunshine.

just fyi
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Keep us updated as to what infractions you get for this post.
    "Infraction For: sass mouth"

+20million
    I've never seen such monocle-bearing mods before in any other forum on the internet. Even simple jokes get the "please be constructive" crap. These mods need to seriously lighten up, it's the internet.

Eh that's how mods here ( and a large portion of forums really) work. It's never going to be fair or logical, you'll get an infraction for the most illogical nonsensical reasons, and obviously mods can do w/e they want because they're mods. Also This will probably be locked up quickly as no one can ever say anything negative, or give criticisms to the all mighty. Imo they should make a free speach section of the forums where people can actually have some free speech and not be babied for the mass sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Creating a thread like this will likely end in a infraction. You should delete this thread, and paste it all in a PM to a mod or Sunshine.

just fyi
    Which would be ridiculous, as his thread was conservative and an answer would benefit the whole community vs. a private pm just to him.

You're welcome to message the administrators through the Contact Us form, or send a message to any global mod explaining the issues with an infraction and requesting an appeal. Public threads, however, don't serve any purpose and they quickly turn into a mod-bash free-for-all.
    SUCH INFRACTIONS
    MANY POST
    SO POWERFUL
    WOW

(Armory) | (Twitter)
    Global Moderator of MMO-Champion.com