Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MMO-champion is a better source, the pet is kinda worth it but I'm still not going to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I'm considering getting one too. Would be my first time, and it would be kinda fun. Pet + Feat of Strength, and seeing the discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's always been worth it. I can't tell you if it will be worth it for you though.

You get the information elsewhere pretty much straight away. I still prefer to be able to watch it directly, and have access to all the panels for all their games in one place. Instead of searching youtube etc to find all the panels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    1. Do you care for anything beyond the opening ceremony?
    2. Do you have an internet connection strong enough to benefit from the higher quality streaming available?
    3. Do you have time to put aside to watch panels, contests, tournaments, etc?

Ask yourselves those things. If you only want to watch the opening ceremony, you will be able to do so for free on the BlizzCon website. If you do have the time and internet connection to watch the rest of the event reliably, then I'd say take the dive. It's very high quality with almost no lag, and it gives you the ability to flip through all of the simultaneously panels at the click of a button. It's very handy, and I found it to be a pleasant experience. Plus, the little virtual goodies didn't hurt.

I bought one last year and didn't regret it. I'm getting it again this year.
    +1

/10chars

Infracted: Please add a few words of your own to a topic next time. Posts consisting solely of "This^" or "+1" are not allowed. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-25 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    I've bought it every year since they started doing it - I personally really enjoy it. I watch a lot of the content on my TV and yes, I could wait for youtube and read news recaps but I really enjoy the experience of watching it live and the full versions of panels. Plus I play pretty much all the blizzard games - so the in game bonuses are definitely a nice perk.

If you're a collector, and you enjoy watching discussion panels and things like that, then you'll find it worth your money.

waste of money if you ask me. if you're a masive blizz fan, then go for it, it's the next best thing to being there, you can watch all the stuff as it happens, and you'd love it

but tbh, it's all a waste of money, all the info from there would be available pretty much as it's coming out,, ppl blog and tweet on their phones/pads/books all thru, so if it's for news .. then waste of time, if it's for watching a show, well it's quite an expensive ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a real hard time convincing my wife that spending $40 for a crusader murloc is a good idea.

I had the ticket in '10 and '11. I was not disappointed.

Anything from blizzard is not worth it.

On topic: No, I bought the ticket 2 years ago to watch it, since I was unable to go, and unless you like paying $40 for an in-game pet, it is not worth it. Everything can be watched on youtube, with the same quality, the next day.

Edit: To respond to the people saying they liked watching the full panels....because of the stream, people record the full panels straight from it, and post them on youtube. The only thing your missing by not buying the ticket is the pet. I watched last years Blizzcon, full panels and all (even the live music) on youtube the next day.
    Last edited by kukui; 2013-10-25 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post

On topic: No, I bought the ticket 2 years ago to watch it, since I was unable to go, and unless you like paying $40 for an in-game pet, it is not worth it. Everything can be watched on youtube, with the same quality, the next day.

Edit: To respond to the people saying they liked watching the full panels....because of the stream, people record the full panels straight from it, and post them on youtube. The only thing your missing by not buying the ticket is the pet. I watched last years Blizzcon, full panels and all (even the live music) on youtube the next day.
    While I feel it's largely pointless to argue with somebody who says something as asinine as 'Anything from Blizzard is not worth it', I also feel obligated to point out that many people enjoy watching the panels live.

At the end of the day, OP, only you can decide if the pricetag is worth the stream. It's definitely not cheap, but I personally think it's worth it, if you have the disposable income.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post

idk, unless I was a poor college kid and the 40 dollars meant something I would probably purchase the ticket to support blizzard as I love their games and these events are fun.

Watching it on youtube also destroys the hype.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    I am still of the fence I have not bought one before but I am tempted, if they offered a hearthstone beta key with the ticket then I would grab one this second but I guess everyone would buy one then

I am gonna watch pretty much every minute of Blizzcon. What really holds me back however is the lack of a chat in the streaming client. Years ago I watched it on Justin.tv and the chat is like half the fun. I LOVE seeing what other think and say, and it sucks the official client doesn't support that.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's worth it because of the pet and the hearthstone card, and without those I probably wouldn't have bought a virtual ticket. It depends on how you value those things.

For me, it's not worth it. Info relevant to my interest will be available elsewhere, and $40 is a lot for a pet.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed viewing Blizzcon last year with the virtual ticket I got back then.

Last year it was cheaper, though. I doubt I would've gotten it this year if I was watching it on my own.

40 bucks is like paying for a PPV. So ask yourself, is it PPV worthy? lol

Do you think that spending 40 bucks on a virtual pet is too much?
    If yes, then don't pay for it, and get everything for free in the main page of this site.

All the panels of WoW give me the boner (is it the right way to say?). I am really excited about the new expansion, and I do hope all the leaks are hoaxes.

Deleted
    Blizzcon is like sex. If you take part in it its ultimate cool but watching it for 20$ via stream is just stupid for me :S

if u want use all goodies maybe its worthy :P