Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    For some people it's not just about the pet. Some people just like to experience it live and watching/hearing stuff as it happens. It's fun to watch and somewhat be a part of.
    Doesnt change the fact that the pet is the only one you can't get for free, therefore, it's the only thing you are paying for.
    As others said, you can get the nonsensical "experience" for free in other streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that the pet is the only one you can't get for free, therefore, it's the only thing you are paying for.
    As others said, you can get the nonsensical "experience" for free in other streamers.
    Don't talk about things you can't understand. Frustratingly stream hunting every hour to watch it in low quality is NOT the same, not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I've attended 2 BlizzCons so far, and gotten the Virtual Ticket for every BlizzCon I couldn't attend. It's worth it to me. I really enjoy watching SC tournaments, I enjoy teasers, I enjoy the costume and dance competitions. I don't have to pay for travel or hotel fees, nor do I have to stand in line for an hour to get a handful of things.

...and I get my baby murloc.

It's a high price for an in game pet, but I get stuff I really enjoy about BlizzCon without the hassle of physically being there. It's worth the price, to me, and is a better deal than actually attending.

This sort of thing is really up to each individual though - some of us just get more or less satisfaction from the bits and pieces the virtual ticket has to offer. If I found SC tournaments boring, or the costume contest, or the interviews obnoxious, then no - the murloc alone wouldn't be worth the virtual ticket cost. But I do, so it's pretty efficient for me.

I'm rather curious about how much they make between actual attendees, and virtual ticket sales - and then where they decide to funnel that money. Some of it goes back into the next BlizzCon event I assume, but not all of it.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think it is. I bought one! I can't wait to watch and get meh pets
    This. You get a pet, exclusive visit to their BlizzCon section of the store, and you get to watch firsthand what's next for WoW, Starcraft, and Diablo (3)!

Not worth it for me. $40 is a lot of money for a few virtual items and stuff we'll eventually see on youtube/fansites. Make it $15-20 and I'd be fine with that, just like an Esports season sub. Consider that this is just 2 days of info too, not pulled out to a full seasons worth.

I always *want* to get the ticket, but eventually don't since the price is too high IMO. If it was like half of the current price I'd buy it right now.

Edit:
    I think Blizz can actually benefit alot if they offered 2 kinds of tickets, one with all the pets and stuff, and one cheaper, for stream access only.
    Last edited by Shnitzel; 2013-10-25 at 08:27 PM.

Definitely worth it, looking forward to the awesome show!

Everything I will want to watch will be uploaded to YouTube almost immediately anyways.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes worth it. Loved it last time, felt like I was there. Like watching some sports in HD often feel the tv perspective is best ^^
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Already purchased my ticket. I haven't had the chance to attend a Blizzcon yet, so this is as good as it gets for me. The companion was the incentive, and I hope the virtual ticket gives me access to those awesome Cute but Deadly figurines.

Only you can decide. I didn't, though.

Part of me really wants to see them finally announce a WoW expansion for the first time when the world doesn't know what to expect. Blizz got good at trademarkin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Only you can decide. I didn't, though.

Part of me really wants to see them finally announce a WoW expansion for the first time when the world doesn't know what to expect. Blizz got good at trademarkin'.
    Or they just leave all there Trademarks in a country (Swaziland) with no database to search for them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I decided I didn't want to watch ghetto streams this year so I fessed up and bought the virtual ticket.

That, and I actually bought some of the Blizzcon stuff from the store this time.