Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Warchief Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,092

    Poor Openraid Groups?

    Never had a bad run in Openraid for the longest time. Now three weeks in a row I have joined groups though chat or through an event and they have been terrible. Everytime I ask if people know the fight and make sure there is a minimum Ilvl. Somehow people are getting invited without gems, no clue on what to do in the fights etc. Anyone else seeing this type of group more in LFR now that its been out for a while?

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Steampunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside of Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Never had a bad run in Openraid for the longest time. Now three weeks in a row I have joined groups though chat or through an event and they have been terrible. Everytime I ask if people know the fight and make sure there is a minimum Ilvl. Somehow people are getting invited without gems, no clue on what to do in the fights etc. Anyone else seeing this type of group more in LFR now that its been out for a while?
    I've had a few bad runs on Openraid and a few bad runs in LFR (not nearly as bad as people have had here).

    I think your luck just gave way on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    LFR crowd starting to infect Openraid?
    Or maybe, just maybe, even Non-LFR-Raiders aren't as good as you thought/as they used to be (anymore).

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,019
    I dislike the use of the word "infect", like anyone who has run LFR are diseased.

    Anyway, I run LFR and I try to oQueue Flex every so often because it's the next logical step in progression. With the information that SoO Flex can be run in OpenRaid being splattered everywhere (here and Blizz official posts), its player base more closely represents the raiding population of WoW as it gets more popular, of which the vast majority are raiding LFR.

    The rest speaks for itself, I guess.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Steampunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside of Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    734
    Eventually this attitude of LFR being dirty peasants, instead of a gateway to raiding, is going to shirk away even more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,085
    Openraid was good in Cata when it first came out but now too many noobs know about it. I don't even bother anymore.

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Openraid was good in Cata when it first came out but now too many noobs know about it. I don't even bother anymore.
    Define *noob*. You can I believe evaluate the raid after you are done with it. The Flex group I'm in has mistakes but there's no bad attitudes or anything.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Eventually this attitude of LFR being dirty peasants, instead of a gateway to raiding, is going to shirk away even more people.
    I agree, let's remove LFR then

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I agree, let's remove LFR then
    Did you like raids the size of Firelands? Because that's what you're going back to if you remove LFR.

    OT: Like Gearscore, Openraid and oQueue are just phases. It'll die out soon enough.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  10. #10
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Never had a bad run in Openraid for the longest time. Now three weeks in a row I have joined groups though chat or through an event and they have been terrible. Everytime I ask if people know the fight and make sure there is a minimum Ilvl. Somehow people are getting invited without gems, no clue on what to do in the fights etc. Anyone else seeing this type of group more in LFR now that its been out for a while?
    Well if the only restriction is to download an addon and have good gear, no surprise they're getting in. They just bot LFR long enough and the vending machine gives them their gear.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  11. #11
    People need to realize that the LFR group of people is the group of people that pays the bills and without them the raids would be very small and probably boring to no end.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Eventually this attitude of LFR being dirty peasants, instead of a gateway to raiding, is going to shirk away even more people.
    I LFR all the time, I pro as heck.
    I top DPS charts all the time whilst popping mollys with the other hand, I've been kicked out of 5 different raiding guilds because Tank's can't get aggro when I shit on people.
    LFR is pro you guys are just not good enough

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Define *noob*. You can I believe evaluate the raid after you are done with it. The Flex group I'm in has mistakes but there's no bad attitudes or anything.
    No. There has been a definite increase of terrible people in the last couple of weeks. People who just are terrible at their role, who shouldnt be raiding anything past a LFR level. Its now more common than ever, to see people in their LFR/World boss/timeless gear, use OQ and expect not to pull their weight in flex runs. They may be trying as hard as they can, but they are terrible, not just underperforming, but straight out (may as well be level 85) terrible.

    Usually flex runs are somewhat laid back, but with the increase of dps pulling barely 70k and healers with some of the lowest activity ive ever seen, mistakes are being punished more than ever by raid leaders. Ive been in a flex run this week, in which the raid leader set a minimum of 535, and people still pulled dps numbers that people pulled two tiers ago. Its annoying carrying them, and I was relieved to see an instant kick, after any failed attempt, of players not pulling their weight.

    By next month, kicking people who are even just slightly underperforming will be common. Which I feel goes against the flex mantra, but it needs to be done.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-10-24 at 03:07 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  14. #14
    The only problems I've seen with AddOns like OpenRaid or OQueue is they seem to separate the community more. Instead of helping the lower skilled players or even new players, we simply label and kick them. Yes, we have sources like videos, forum boards and help guides. Do you know how many of the actual playerbase goes onto those sources? Not even that, but you sometimes have to see a fight to know what its about. And sometimes it takes time to learn something new.

    Next time you see someone that you think is a noob or an infection to the gaming community. Just remember IT IS a community, so try to be a good neighbor. Else, you might actually be the infection you're talking about. Cause, it means something different to me.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    People need to realize that the LFR group of people is the group of people that pays the bills and without them the raids would be very small and probably boring to no end.
    thats true, and they can play the content that was designed for their competency in mind. If they know they are not putting in effort in their role, they should not be entering harder content with the LFR game play in mind.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    By next month, kicking people who are even just slightly underperforming will be common. Which I feel goes against the flex mantra, but it needs to be done.
    And then we get into the silly situation that we were with Firelands, when LFR was required ASAP, that is, ridiculous Flex raid requirements and tiny Flex-raid exposure.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Next time you see someone that you think is a noob or an infection to the gaming community. Just remember IT IS a community, so try to be a good neighbor. Else, you might actually be the infection you're talking about. Cause, it means something different to me.
    You can only do that so much that it becomes too tiring. I do not always have an extra 90 minutes to wait on people learning the boss every time. Usually those same people are not gemmed, enchanted, etc. or do they care to do so even when nicely suggested.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And then we get into the silly situation that we were with Firelands, when LFR was required ASAP, that is, ridiculous Flex raid requirements and tiny Flex-raid exposure.
    That is the only way to circumvent the bs. It will become a problem of, Do I value my time? People will set 545+ ilevel limits on flex, or they will be stuck wiping for hours on easy bosses.
    Pokemon FC: 1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    You can only do that so much that it becomes too tiring. I do not always have an extra 90 minutes to wait on people learning the boss every time. Usually those same people are not gemmed, enchanted, etc. or do they care to do so even when nicely suggested.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That is the only way to circumvent the bs. It will become a problem of, Do I value my time? People will set 545+ ilevel limits on flex, or they will be stuck wiping for hours on easy bosses.
    Then do flex with a guild group if you aren't wanting to be a part of a different type of community. Problem solved.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Next time you see someone that you think is a noob or an infection to the gaming community. Just remember IT IS a community, so try to be a good neighbor. Else, you might actually be the infection you're talking about. Cause, it means something different to me.
    This.

    Ironically, the only thing "infecting" this game are self-righteous elitest jerks who believe the world(of warcraft) starts and ends with them.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I agree, let's remove LFR then
    A better option would be to remove raiding entirely from WoW, since 90% of the negative/toxic behavior comes from "hardcore" raiders.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •