Page 1 of 2
LastLast

/rant Northshire Cleric is so RAGE enducing

Ugh, that card! Unless you can cast Shadow Word: Pain or can get a 3/2 on the board by turn two it just sits there gathering cards for it's owner. I was running some constructed earlier and out of the five Priests I faced, only one didn't cast it on turn 1 and that was the only Priest I managed to beat.

Now things like coining out a Faerie Dragon, or Defias Ringleader are frustrating too but at least that requires two cards to be spent. I wouldn't mind if the Cleric was a 0/3 and couldn't activate it's self for healing, but when it's coupled with Inner Fire or Power Word: Shield it just gets stupid.

Maybe it's my own fault for not running enough Silence, but unless you start getting Iron Beak Owls or Spellbreakers from card packs the basic set dosn't have a single Silence effect unless you play as a Druid, Priest or Shaman.

I just really needed to vent, as every time I see that bloody card I just know i'm going to end up losing. If it became a 0/3 or even a 1/2 it'd be SO much easier to deal with but ugh, that card! >_<

Same shit with Mana wyrms, they're the reason I run 2 Faeries. If I don't draw them in the opener it's pretty much GG. It's not that bad with priests though, but a mage with 2 mana wyrms and mirror images up, yeah.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

priest is the same, especially if he gets early PW:S or smth and you dont get silence immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Same shit with Mana wyrms, they're the reason I run 2 Faeries. If I don't draw them in the opener it's pretty much GG. It's not that bad with priests though, but a mage with 2 mana wyrms and mirror images up, yeah.
    I don't mind Mana Wyrm so much as it takes up 4 card slots to pull off a Wyrm - Mirror Image play. It's also dependant on spells being played, which a Mage won't always have in hand. Priests will ALWAYS have a heal available come turn two, which is why it having 1 damage means it's almost always garunteed to draw one card in the early game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    I don't mind Mana Wyrm so much as it takes up 4 card slots to pull off a Wyrm - Mirror Image play. It's also dependant on spells being played, which a Mage won't always have in hand. Priests will ALWAYS have a heal available come turn two, which is why it having 1 damage means it's almost always garunteed to draw one card in the early game.
    i can see certain class/card combos being nerfed soon. im sat at 3 star platinum atm and i literally only meet priests or paladins in ranked play. its beyond stupid at this point. Cant see it getting any better as i progres sfurther upwards either

All the 1 mana 1/3 cards are kinda overbudget. Voidwalkers, Mana wyrms and Clerics. They just give so much momentum. Especially against mages, if you're at 20< HP by turn 4-5, which isn't uncommon with a Mana wyrm, mirror image combo it's pretty much gg. As soon as turn 8 hits, Pyroblast. And if you're unlucky next turn another one in your face.

The part you're missing is the cost for the card draw, yes its a 1/3 and yes it draws a card when a minion is healed. Healing a minion costs 2 mana, if the priest is doing this for more than 1-2 turns you're talking 4+ mana for drawing power, not playing power. Unless you have a deck that is favored on high cost cards or terrible draw luck you should be able to gain board advantage while the priest spends the early turn mana drawing additional cards.

That said it still is a powerful card, not saying it's not but it's more balanced than just "amg it draws infinite cards for free and can't be killed"

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    The part you're missing is the cost for the card draw, yes its a 1/3 and yes it draws a card when a minion is healed. Healing a minion costs 2 mana, if the priest is doing this for more than 1-2 turns you're talking 4+ mana for drawing power, not playing power. Unless you have a deck that is favored on high cost cards or terrible draw luck you should be able to gain board advantage while the priest spends the early turn mana drawing additional cards.

That said it still is a powerful card, not saying it's not but it's more balanced than just "amg it draws infinite cards for free and can't be killed"
    On turn one the Priest lays down the Cleric. If you've got any minions that have only 1 or 2 attack you just can't play them as you know full well turn two the Priest is healing that Cleric back up. It's such a huge tempo stopper early game that works the same way that Voidwalkers and Mana Wyrms (though they need another card really to go with) that annoys me.

Void Walkers and Mana Wyrms arn't so bad as it's not likely that they're going to be healed unless the player is running a Voodoo Doctor. Yet again, that's still a two card combo, where as the Priest will ALWAYS have a heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    The part you're missing is the cost for the card draw, yes its a 1/3 and yes it draws a card when a minion is healed. Healing a minion costs 2 mana, if the priest is doing this for more than 1-2 turns you're talking 4+ mana for drawing power, not playing power.
    so basically, for 1 mana, you get warlock hero ability, ecept it doesnt cost you health?
    Unless you have a deck that is favored on high cost cards or terrible draw luck you should be able to gain board advantage while the priest spends the early turn mana drawing additional cards.
    ignoring the fact, that priest doesnt have to necessarily draw cards until he decides he can, you dont gain board advantage against smites and SW:Ps...

I agree with zaxlor. It's also worth mention that the notion of "Well just build a stronger board presence while they use their mana to feed the Cleric" tends to fall apart. Why? Silence has no cost and Shadow Word: Pain is 2 mana. Holy Smite can also remove low health utility minions. If you look like you're trying to build up something that looks threatening I'm going to remove it from the game before Lightspawn hits the table.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I once had a healing totem down with around 5 minions up.

I did not notice the cleric counted for healed enemy minions.

I had a very bad day after that.

I usually roll with a wolf rider or two and 2 ironbeak owls for this reason. If I'm playing a priest and I dont get one of those cards in my starting hand I scrap the whole hand so I get one(usually). This way you instantly can gib the cleric with silence or charge regardless if the other priest has SW:P or smite. Pretty much silence's and charges are the only way to counter it early game in my experience.

If you get a streak of bad luck and the priest has both his clerics off start then it can be pretty rage inducing though I agree.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    I played as a priest in arena the other day. My opponent left my cleric alone for nearly the entire game. Late in the game I played another cleric when I was top decking. My opponent had 1 minion out with taunt and I had 4 or 5 out ready to beat him. I played a combo that the game treated as a heal and got hit with 3 fatigue as a result (1+2 as I had 2 clerics). That brought me down to 1 health. No problem right? I was still about to win. Guess who forgot they copied a blessing of wisdom and placed on one of the minions? Yeah... I took 3 fatigue and killed myself just before I placed the killing blow on my opponent. That was the last game of my best arena so far. It would have been an 8/2 run, but 7/3 isn't bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    On turn one the Priest lays down the Cleric. If you've got any minions that have only 1 or 2 attack you just can't play them as you know full well turn two the Priest is healing that Cleric back up. It's such a huge tempo stopper early game that works the same way that Voidwalkers and Mana Wyrms (though they need another card really to go with) that annoys me.

Void Walkers and Mana Wyrms arn't so bad as it's not likely that they're going to be healed unless the player is running a Voodoo Doctor. Yet again, that's still a two card combo, where as the Priest will ALWAYS have a heal.
    Yeah, the synergy is too good and the momentum is hard to break, unless you get lucky with a card draw. On top of everything else they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    i can see certain class/card combos being nerfed soon. im sat at 3 star platinum atm and i literally only meet priests or paladins in ranked play. its beyond stupid at this point. Cant see it getting any better as i progres sfurther upwards either
    My laptop was stolen (on delivery blegh), and I've been out of the game for almost 3 weeks, playing only the day or two after the wipe.

What are these new great Paladin decks that I keep hearing about? I need to get on board since that's the only class I'm playing (while building a shaman deck for a secondary one). My old deck wasn't written down (Platinum 2 before the wipe), and I couldn't seem to find a solid deck post wipe, kept getting swept by hunters, mages and priests.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Northshire Cleric is annoying, but its all the priest really has early on in the game. I think its dumb playing it turn one (for the most part). Majority of minions are taken out early on in the game. Let the priest buff it, I rather be buffing my lightspawn. If my opponent summons NC first turn, I usually dont do anything to it till i can kill it off in one hit whether its a silence or spell damage card. I dont mind taking one damage hit to my opponent a few turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hear...-master-85-win

This is the new paladin top-deck, at the moment, played often by Kripp... "who never spent any money on the game", as it only requires 5 legendaries and a handful of epics to work properly. /sarcasm
    Considering the majority of your games will be against priests, I don't recommend playing it, tried it but the whole deck is based around late game, all the MC's and SW: D's are gonna annihilate you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually ran out of cards on my mage once, was amusing, turns out you take 1 hp damage per turn you can't draw a card.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, that card! Unless you can cast Shadow Word: Pain or can get a 3/2 on the board by turn two it just sits there gathering cards for it's owner. I was running some constructed earlier and out of the five Priests I faced, only one didn't cast it on turn 1 and that was the only Priest I managed to beat.

Now things like coining out a Faerie Dragon, or Defias Ringleader are frustrating too but at least that requires two cards to be spent. I wouldn't mind if the Cleric was a 0/3 and couldn't activate it's self for healing, but when it's coupled with Inner Fire or Power Word: Shield it just gets stupid.

Maybe it's my own fault for not running enough Silence, but unless you start getting Iron Beak Owls or Spellbreakers from card packs the basic set dosn't have a single Silence effect unless you play as a Druid, Priest or Shaman.

I just really needed to vent, as every time I see that bloody card I just know i'm going to end up losing. If it became a 0/3 or even a 1/2 it'd be SO much easier to deal with but ugh, that card! >_<
    There's so many spells to use on them. I often lose mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I actually ran out of cards on my mage once, was amusing, turns out you take 1 hp damage per turn you can't draw a card.
    You take more damage for every turn. It becomes worse and worse. I've been there 3 times :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I died that turn so didn't know, I had a bit of a "draw card" heavy deck originally, turns out you can only hold like 8 or so cards as well, any more are "fatigue" and discarded. Limit to 7 or 8 minions on the field too, in case anyone was curious

(probably all very obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I died that turn so didn't know, I had a bit of a "draw card" heavy deck originally, turns out you can only hold like 8 or so cards as well, any more are "fatigue" and discarded. Limit to 7 or 8 minions on the field too, in case anyone was curious

(probably all very obvious)
    Faced a priest deck that had 11 cards in their hand at once....