Several months ago I did quit WoW as the neccessity of doing various daily/weekly activities to maintain good raid performance began being really tiring. Recently I started rethinking my decision, recalling all funny and nice moments I experienced while playing. However, as the arguing inside my head went:
- hmm... so maybe give it a second try?
- dude, you left it cause it stopped being fun, you dont't remember?
- well, it was some time ago....
- yes, you stopped having fun. Why would you have it now?
- Maybe it wasn't the case of game... maybe it was cause of my real life situation... ( I indeed had some serious real-life problems in that time )
- Hey, but other people are also leaving, yes? This game has just gotten worse dude... that's why you stopped having fun!
Yes, that's it! I was stunned by the fact that this argument even CAME to my mind (I thought i never cared about subscription numbers ), but appearently, subconsiously, it was always an important factor. So, it seems that inside my brain the situation is as it follows:
1) Subscription numbers are dropping - the game is getting worse and worse and will be still getting worse - therefore, no point in returning.
2) But if the numbers were rising - hey, the game is getting better - I must return and at least try it for some time.
But, as only point 1 is real, it might be possible that people that think about returning are discouraged by the fact of dropping subs. Would the sudden sub rise have a huge psychological impact and cause further sub risings? And what about you? Is sub number important to you in any way?
P.S. Added poll to the thread.