Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lee Thompson Young
    Loved the show "the famous jett jackson" when I was kid. Was really shocked/bummed when I heard he offed himself.

ryan dunn. i grew up watching jackass, laughing my ass off at it, and him and bam were two of the funniest of them. now i can't watch it without getting really bummed out, because i see him and bam just having such a great time together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intriguing idea for a topic.

Brandon Lee, back when they were filming The Crow. Of course I was a teen at the time and thought I was in love with him (as I imagine many 16 year old girls did). So yeah, I was pretty crushed when I heard the news that he had been shot. He was brilliant in that movie, but watching it just brings me to tears every time.

Also really saddened me to hear about Heath Ledger's death. He was so talented, and just a level human being. I loved how his performance as the Joker had soooooooo many people eating crow.

I grew up watching Golden Girls, so as they've passed on one by one (Betty White is the only surviving member of the main cast now) its always made me just terribly sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Steve Irwin (got me interested in animals as a kid)
    Really? Most Aussies thought he was a fucking dickhead. Me included. Everyone who grows up on the coast knows what a stingray can do that that fucking idioit went swimming with them without mail on. Got what he asked for imo.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    None. Always been fairly indifferent about the deaths of people who aren't in my circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tupac Shakur
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

No one. The only time I was kinda shocked was when I read Jennifer Saunders had cancers. Just didn't see that coming. Still alive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    Steve Irwin for me, that made me sad
    I agree with this, such a shame.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide, guitarist of a japanese rock band. :/

James Gandolfini, by far.

Been a fan since his breakthrough in True Romance. Great actor and I've really enjoyed his roles in the low budget drama movies after The Sopranos. Great character actor.

Also the heroic fantasy author David Gemmel, which last triology, (last book was finished by his wife), about the fall of Troy I enjoyed a lot, but he wasn't really a celebrity.

I can't really say that any other celebrity deaths have made any impact on me at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dimebag Darrell. Such a talented musician, and seemed to be the nicest guy you'd ever meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    Steve Irwin for me, that made me sad
    Indeed, I loved watching his show when I was a kid, such a tragic.

Andy Whitfields death made an impact on me too. I was really starting to get into Spartacus, and around 2 weeks after I had finished watching Blood and Sand I heard the news that he had died from cancer. I loved him as Spartacus and it just shocked me that he died just a few weeks after I started watching the show.

So far, none of them has had an effect on me. However, when Stephen King does, I'm gonna be very depressed for a while. I about freaked when he got hit by that truck.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

John Belushi, Jim Henson, John Candy, Michael Jackson. All have J in common. Wish they were still alive. Such talent should never die so young... But MJ being the only big death I really remember (other died in the 90's or 80's) it did affect me for quite a time. I didn't cry or anything but I knew there would ever be a death that would have such big impact on the whole world.
    Last edited by Mongoose19; 2013-10-26 at 09:10 PM.

Kurt Cobain, I didnt get depressed or anything. Just thought it kinda sucked he died so young. Brandon Lee, I grew up on Bruce Lee martial art films. Knowing he died early but had a son to carry the "torch" but also died early was sad.

Can't say a death of any famous person has ever effected me. People die every day. Just cause I saw someone on TV changes nothing for me.

Deaths of close friends and family on the other hand is a very different story.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Not gonna read that wall of poorly formatted text but james gandolfini really upset me.
    Same. And now that I think about it, his was the only celeb death that affected me to any degree. I was so looking forward to seeing what roles he'd play as an older actor (though I'd be lying if I didn't imagine them to be mostly old/retired badass mafia boss figures).
    Last edited by milkGONEbad; 2013-10-26 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ian M. Banks this year. Not only was he an amazing author, but his relatively sudden death from cancer made me think alot about health care (both in the general and personal sense) and the inevitability and sometimes suddenness of mortality.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The death of Don Knotts was really sad. He as one of my favorite actors growing up. I used to watch The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, and the Incredible Mr. Limpet a lot. It was hard to see him go.