Thread: Best in Slot

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Best in Slot

Hey!

Time to look at what items generate the highest amount of damage. There are still a few lists that I need to produce, like Arms lists for all races, and SmF lists. If you manage to find an item-combination that yield higher results than the ones currently listed, then feel free to post them, and I'll see if I can update the lists.

All these lists where produced using Simulationcraft, 50 000 iterations, 400 seconds, vary length=20% a patchwerk fight, the professions Blacksmithing and Engineering, and most importantly, Deterministic RNG.
    Fury used These Talents and Glyphs
    Arms used These Talents and Glyphs

Fury Lists:

Orc BiS List DPS=518303.9
    Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Capacitive Primal Diamond
    Tusks of Mannoroth | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Greater Tiger Fang Inscription
    Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags
    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike | Reforge=haste_exp
    Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
    Bracers of Blind Hatred | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Bracer - Mastery
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Enchant Gloves - Superior Expertise | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Ashen Wall Girdle | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Reforge=hit_crit
    Legplates of Willful Doom | Piercing Wild Jade x2+Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Angerhide Leg Armor
    Greaves of Sublime Superiority | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Seal of the Forgotten Kings | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Devilfang Band | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Reforge=exp_crit
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Windsong
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Windsong

Draenei BiS List DPS=448474
    Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Capacitive Primal Diamond
    Tusks of Mannoroth | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Greater Tiger Fang Inscription | Reforge=mastery_exp
    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike | Reforge=haste_exp
    Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
    Bracers of Blind Hatred | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Bracer - Mastery
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Ashen Wall Girdle | Piercing Wild Jade+Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Reforge=hit_crit
    Legplates of Willful Doom | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Angerhide Leg Armor
    Greaves of Sublime Superiority | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Devilfang Band | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Reforge=exp_crit
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel

BiS List for all other races DPS=445978
    Tusks of Mannoroth | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x3 | Greater Tiger Fang Inscription
    Bracers of Blind Hatred | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Bracer - Mastery | Reforge=mastery_exp
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Ashen Wall Girdle | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Reforge=hit_crit
    Legplates of Willful Doom | Smooth Sun's Radiance x3 | Angerhide Leg Armor
    Greaves of Sublime Superiority | Crafty Vermilion Onyx| Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Bloodclaw Band | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Reforge=hit_crit
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel
    Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Weapon - Windsong

Arms Lists:

Orc BiS List DPS=387304.4
    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike | Reforge=haste_hit
    Battleplate of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x3 | Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats | Reforge=haste_crit
    Bracers of Blind Hatred | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Strength
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Gloves - Super Strength | Reforge=hit_haste
    Demolisher's Reinforced Belt | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Smooth Sun's Radiance x2 | Reforge=haste_crit
    Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder | Smooth Sun's Radiance x2 | Angerhide Leg Armor | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Seal of the Forgotten Kings | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Reforge=haste_hit
    Sorrowpath Signet | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Thok's Tail Tip

Draenei BiS List DPS=385829.9
    Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Capacitive Primal Diamond | Reforge=mastery_exp
    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike | Reforge=haste_hit
    Battleplate of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x3 | Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats | Reforge=haste_crit
    Bracers of Blind Hatred | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Bracer - Exceptional Strength
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Gloves - Super Strength | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Demolisher's Reinforced Belt | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Smooth Sun's Radiance x2 | Reforge=haste_crit
    Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder | Smooth Sun's Radiance x2 | Angerhide Leg Armor | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Wolf-Rider Spurs | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=haste_hit
    Seal of the Forgotten Kings | Precise Primordial Ruby | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Greatsword of Pride's Fall | Piercing Wild Jade | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel | Reforge=haste_mastery

Human BiS List DPS=385358.6
    Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Capacitive Primal Diamond | Reforge=mastery_hit
    Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags | Reforge=mastery_hit
    Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x2+Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Gloves - Super Strength | Reforge=hit_mastery
    Wolf-Rider Spurs | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=haste_hit
    Seal of the Forgotten Kings | Precise Primordial Ruby | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Greatsword of Pride's Fall | Accurate Imperial Amethyst | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel | Reforge=haste_mastery

BiS List for all other races DPS=383621.1
    Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx+Capacitive Primal Diamond | Reforge=mastery_hit
    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Enchant Cloak - Accuracy | Reforge=haste_hit
    Battleplate of the Prehistoric Marauder | Crafty Vermilion Onyx x3 | Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats | Reforge=haste_exp
    Wolf-Rider Spurs | Smooth Sun's Radiance | Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Seal of the Forgotten Kings | Crafty Vermilion Onyx | Reforge=haste_mastery
    Evil Eye of Galakras
    Thok's Tail Tip
    Greatsword of Pride's Fall | Piercing Wild Jade | Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel | Reforge=haste_mastery

Gear comparison

In Full BiS gear, on a generic race, the weapons rank in the following order:

Fury: Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl > Greatsword of Pride's Fall = Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful* > Britomart's Jagged Pike

Arms: Greatsword of Pride's Fall > Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl > Britomart's Jagged Pike > Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful

In full BiS, the relative strength of this tiers rings are as follows:

Seal of the Forgotten Kings = Devilfang Band = Bloodclaw Band = Sorrowpath Signet** > Asgorathian Blood Seal

Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman VS. Evil Eye of Galakras For Arms. In 9 out of 10 cases you'll find that you'll gain a higher potential output by using Skeer's over EEoG. That 10th case comes when the fight length is just right for a shorter CD on Recklessness to matter. To be precise, if the fight lasts for 4 minutes you'll gain no benefit from EEoG, but if it where to last for 4:20 you would be able to fit a third one during the fight. The gain is minimal, and it may not even be a gain as you may have to delay your second Recklessness in order to fit it inside a CS window.

*For Fury, Greatsword and Gar'tok was within 10dps of each other, and their value strongly depends on how the rest of your gear looks like and what racials are in play.
    **For both Fury and Arms the rings this tier are all very even in value to each other. The internal rankings between them depends on how the rest of your gear looks and what racials you have. for all of the different spec+race combos, the rings are at most 50dps stronger/weaker than each other, and no matter what combo you use you'll be set to go.

How to add your own lists

You think you know a way of gearing that yield higher results than the options listed above?
    If the answer is yes, prove it! The way you should do it is by Downloading the latest version of simulationcraft, and insert the gear. Once you've done that, Simulate, using the same configurations that I listed at the top of this post.

If your gear setup comes out higher than the one listed, take a screenshot, and upload it to some image hosting site. Once you've done that, copy the gear used and post it together with a link to your image.

Example:
    Hey!

I just ran a sim using this gear setup, and it seems to be higher than the one you currently have!
    http://pastebin.com/DWaVeCn3
    http://i.imgur.com/SbOEcrU.png

If you want to simulate a set of gear for the "All other races" tab, Don't use Worgen, Goblin, Undead, Troll or Pandaren, as they have some sort of damage boost, that will inflate the numbers. If you want to be safe, use Tauren, as that's the one I've used.

Final words.
    All the numbers are generated using a patchwerk fight, and may therefor not reflect the numbers you'll see on any given boss fight.
    Simulationcraft version 547-1 was used, if they update it, and release a newer version I'll update the numbers to reflect any changes made.
    This post is not meant to compare the difference between the specs, please refrain from any discussions regarding that subject.
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2014-06-13 at 01:23 AM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

arms dps is 427k? glad its finally caught up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    arms dps is 427k? glad its finally caught up.
    Pretty sure thats some copy paste error as its the exact same as the orc fury.

Deleted
    Storm bolt as arms?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the Arms list appears to be missing boots as well (although I will assume this is Greaves of Sublime Superiority). Appreciate you for putting together a list though!

Yea, This was quite a lot of numbers and items to keep in mind, so I may have missed a number or item here or there, thanks for picking up on that, will edit it now!
    My Stream

This is a copy paste of the BiS profiles included in simcraft it seems. Might help some who don't know how to find that list in simcraft though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    This is a copy paste of the BiS profiles included in simcraft it seems. Might help some who don't know how to find that list in simcraft though I guess.
    Seeing how I'm one of the people who work on the warrior module for Sim-C, that is quite the correct statement. The issue tho is that Sim-C only have an optimal setup for Orcs atm, but not for any of the other races.
    My Stream

Hi Warrior Sarri,

thx for your work ^^

I've been working on a bislist of mine.

I tried your it seems theres a mistake because we're missing 0,5 expertise as orc. ive chang the smooth radiance to crafty on the ring devilfang to reach 7,65 expertise (every sinle piece is warforged except the 2 part T16)

Thought i didnt save the one i did,
    i was having 75k AP (almost) 45+% of crit / 57% of mastery / and just capped both hit and exp i guess AP won't be worth the 3% loss on the mastery but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this at first as "Best in sloth."

and I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by terkhal View Post
    Hi Warrior Sarri,

thx for your work ^^

I've been working on a bislist of mine.

I tried your it seems theres a mistake because we're missing 0,5 expertise as orc. ive chang the smooth radiance to crafty on the ring devilfang to reach 7,65 expertise (every sinle piece is warforged except the 2 part T16)

Thought i didnt save the one i did,
    i was having 75k AP (almost) 45+% of crit / 57% of mastery / and just capped both hit and exp i guess AP won't be worth the 3% loss on the mastery but still.
    Capping Expertise and Hit ain't always what will give the highest average damage. Over 50 000 tries, being slightly below the cap yields higher results than capping them, in this build.

Even if you may lower your avarage damage, over 50 000 tries, it may be worth capping them, if you feel that you want to be more consistent, but for a BiS list, I want the build that will give the highest average damage.
    My Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Capping Expertise and Hit ain't always what will give the highest average damage. Over 50 000 tries, being slightly below the cap yields higher results than capping them, in this build.

Even if you may lower your avarage damage, over 50 000 tries, it may be worth capping them, if you feel that you want to be more consistent, but for a BiS list, I want the build that will give the highest average damage.
    That's my issue w/ being slightly under cap. The potential gain is incredibly small, while the minor chance of having an important CS/execute being parried is also incredibly small, but greater in potential damage.

For months I've been tempted to switch jewel crafting with Engineering..

The thought of that one extra button to push....makes me hesitate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post

#showtooltip Bloodbath
    /cast Bloodbath
    /use 10

or

#showtooltip Colossus Smash
    /cast Colossus Smash
    /use 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post

Just macro to CS and BB, depending on the fight. For AoE fights where you use BB, keep that macro up. For everything else, keep the CS one. Or just keep the BB macro for arms.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-10-27 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Thought the boots from Dark Shaman were BiS boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    My sims (using the same settings as Warriorsari) are putting the Sha boots (Sublime) roughly 1k dps ahead of the Shaman (Wolf-Rider) boots.

The Crit + Hit boots are just so slightly ahead of the Crit + haste ones. I'll add something about all the different gear-options in the "Gear comparison" tab at a later date.
    My Stream

Looks very good. Looks like we lose a bit of crit as we go up the gear ladder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    We need the hit, otherwise it'd be true. (I think that's why, since only tier gloves, sha boots, and belt have hit on them in BiS profile. I think.)