1. #1

    s13 2200xp ww, better to go mw?

    I played ww to 2200 last season as ele ww hpriest. Just got back into the game and have a 7200 cap staring me in the face. Seems like MW is more viable, and ww are still on the outside looking in. Should I just respec it and heal. I have some healing experience, so the transition wouldn't be too hard.

  2. #2
    This is borderline 'pick my class', but i'll let a few people contribute/reply before locking it.

    My vote is to play whichever you enjoy most, or, pick your spec depending on the partners you'll be primarily playing with. If you have a Mage friend and a Warrior friend, then WM-mistweaver is probably your best bet. Monks in general aren't performing overly well this season, even in comparison to previous seasons.

  3. #3
    i think WW is pretty underrated, if i was you id stick with WW, their dmg is extremly high right now and they work extremly well with warlocks and mostly any class that can spam CC, at the same time i find WW extremly fun playing, its the best spec by far right now. id avoid cleaves tho.

  4. #4
    MW is probably worst healer for 3s atm so I'd rather go with WW since you have exp with it already as well

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Behind the Pillar
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    MW is probably worst healer for 3s atm so I'd rather go with WW since you have exp with it already as well
    i vote hpally is worst healer for 3s atm. in full tyranical my holy shock would hit for like 20k. like wtf?

    imo mw isnt very good for 3s either and i think ww is more viable for 3s. also considering your probably better at ww than mw i would stick with what you know and ride it out instead of relearning a new spec. ive done it a couple times and always end up regretting it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

  6. #6
    I'd go with what you find most fun. I played WW from start of mop and got 2250 as spriest/rsham/ww monk (after lifeswap nerf).
    Really enjoy playing WW, but i actually had most fun on it b4 they made Paralyze baseline ranged. Was sorta of an achievment to paralyze some1 from behind, throw portal at them, do dmg on target --> portal --> Stun --> Flying kick or roll back in action. Spec that allows for very fast & nice plays, sorta like Sub rogue.

    Rerolled MW when i had mostly s13 gear. Its really fun aswell, especially if you do dmg aswell. Im not sure if alot know this, but if u SPAM your soothing mist and crackling jadefire lightining whenever the global is ready, you get extra ticks. And since you're lightning also heals its really nice and alooot of dmg...
    Id reckon you get 1 extra tick pr. 2 normal ticks. WICH is quite alot test it. Maybe its just some sort of visual bug, i havent actually tested with recount, but it seems to work

    Im guessing this is gonna be a long season, so play what u want, test MW'er see if you can dig it.
    I feel it lacks some better instant heals, healing sphere's is okay but feels like it still lacks healing in many situations. But you can go full mastery like Cdew and other monks, and CC's on you will be severely less penalizing, because team can just run around picking up globes.

  7. #7
    I vote staying ww. Ele shaman are only gonna get better as gear increases and warriors will eventually get nerfed making the ele significantly more impactful, allowing you to dps more than peel.

    I heal a ww right now as hpriest/ww in twos and you are the only hard counter to warriors right now. It feels great!

  8. #8
    Windwalker at the moment is a mid-tier spec, Your best comp is Warlock/WW/Healer...Replace the Windwalker with a Warrior and it's a high-tier comp. I rolled WW this season and so far it feels like a mistake, Can't find any "good" 3's and RBGs is almost out of the question as WW. So I am just capping each week from 2's or 3's with friends till 25k and buying Mistweaver gear. Don't get me wrong though Windwalker is fun in 2's and random BG's... It just sucks not being able to find 3s or RBG groups.

    Mistweaver I would say is the second best healer (behind Resto Druid and ahead of Priest, Paladin, Shaman in that order), Mistweavers best comp is Mage/Warrior/Monk and a top-tier comp at that. I played Mistweaver last season and they were extremely fun but hard to master, but if you are looking for consistent 3's and RBG groups.. If I were you I would go Mistweaver.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikken View Post
    Windwalker at the moment is a mid-tier spec, Your best comp is Warlock/WW/Healer...Replace the Windwalker with a Warrior and it's a high-tier comp. I rolled WW this season and so far it feels like a mistake, Can't find any "good" 3's and RBGs is almost out of the question as WW. So I am just capping each week from 2's or 3's with friends till 25k and buying Mistweaver gear. Don't get me wrong though Windwalker is fun in 2's and random BG's... It just sucks not being able to find 3s or RBG groups.

    Mistweaver I would say is the second best healer (behind Resto Druid and ahead of Priest, Paladin, Shaman in that order), Mistweavers best comp is Mage/Warrior/Monk and a top-tier comp at that. I played Mistweaver last season and they were extremely fun but hard to master, but if you are looking for consistent 3's and RBG groups.. If I were you I would go Mistweaver.
    This. I Love ww been capping it in 2s and it felt so good but I remember the frustration in 3s last season and pushing 2200 vs the cookie cutters. With my work schedule now I really cant play with my 2 friends and comps will be much harder to find and rbgs.. I could just say "yolo" and learn to ice lance on my 90 alt mage. =/

  10. #10
    Might be a glimmer of "hope" but WW/Healer is insane for 2's at the moment.

    Toolkit counters warriors in a "1v1" situation when played correctly. And most people FoTM'd to warrior so it's pretty easy to just annoy the piss out of them and climb in that bracket.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  11. #11
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,437
    For 3v3, I absolutely without a shadow of a doubt would stay WW - WW is great in 3v3 right now - they're strong anti-warriors and anti-healers - which is like the entirety of the bracket right now.

    Conversely, MW is far and away the worst 3v3 healer - they have just 1% of 2200+ representation in 3v3 - that's less than half of either WW's or Holy Paladins (the next lowest repped healer).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-10-29 at 04:40 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  12. #12
    I keep reading that ww's are anti warrior, could somebody explain what exactly makes them so good against wars? Genuine question not sarcasm.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    568
    ^^^ im with this guy, im no pro monk but i cant see how monk is anti warrior.

  14. #14
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    ^^^ im with this guy, im no pro monk but i cant see how monk is anti warrior.
    I guess I'd say it's because they have two disarms, multiple stuns, spammable roots and paralysis as peels for teammates - while also having a stun/fear trinket and enough mobility to leave the warrior in the dust if the warrior tries to blow cooldowns into the monk rather than the monks partners.

    So, a WW is probably one of the best specs at peeling a warrior, while also being a very poor target for the warrior to get annoyed with and try to swap to - they can hurt a WW sure (warriors hurt everyone lately) - but as soon as they start popping cooldoowns they can dissapear to the far side of the world.

    The same combination of multiple stuns/interrupts/ccs and high mobility makes them good anti-healers (much like warriors themselves).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I guess I'd say it's because they have two disarms, multiple stuns, spammable roots and paralysis as peels for teammates - while also having a stun/fear trinket and enough mobility to leave the warrior in the dust if the warrior tries to blow cooldowns into the monk rather than the monks partners.

    So, a WW is probably one of the best specs at peeling a warrior, while also being a very poor target for the warrior to get annoyed with and try to swap to - they can hurt a WW sure (warriors hurt everyone lately) - but as soon as they start popping cooldoowns they can dissapear to the far side of the world.

    The same combination of multiple stuns/interrupts/ccs and high mobility makes them good anti-healers (much like warriors themselves).
    Good stuff^

    In my two's with a WW, (I play a holy priest), the best thing about the monk vs warrior/heal teams is the ranged peel he can perform on the warrior. Its a fine line for me in terms of survival 1v1 vs a warrior and the paralyze/ox charge he provides allow me to actually get an mc off while he trains their healer to death.

    This combined with the fact that he is essentially a non-target because of survivability allows me to focus strategies pretty narrowly. I will say its very tiny things that make him/ww in general the relative "best" against warrior. Its not a 1v1 thing, it is a general comp based thing.

    Edit: I realize emphasis needs to be applied to non-target versus a warrior. Monks have dual bladed mobility, and their escape mobility outweighs a warriors assault mobility, making them much more healer friendly while their damage is at least comparable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •