Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
Is having a second job fun to you all? Or even a third or a 4th job? Not that I'm sure you can even maintain a raid spot with that many jobs...

I remember in late BC, even all throughout icc and early cataclysm, raiding was fun. You weren't required to play 2-3 different specs based on what your guild needed. You were required to play the role & spec you signed up for, it was your choice to play something different and if it was a different role you communicated with different members of that role & leadership to see if it fit. If it didn't fit, you let them know you didn't want to be apart of that situation anymore because you didn't want to play that role anymore.

Some frowned on you, some didn't care, some were happy you were taking your own venture (not likely, but happens...). Now if you play the game the way you want, and not how someone else wants, you were destroyed verbally and most likely ended up on a few peoples ignore lists and quite possibly witch hunted.

Is this what this game is coming to? Is this what you want your 15$ a month to go to, is another job? Flex was supposed to introduce a pug atmosphere. Not another reason for ilvl to become a giant wall or gearscore to return. Even in LFR if someone isn't playing arcane over fire I've seen people kicked over it.

I don't really tend to go these negative routes, but its becoming more & more apparent blizzard is trying they're best to introduce every aspect to people, but requiring 540 ilvl for flex when it drops 540 ilvl is extremely unreasonable. You might as well run a guild run at that point.

And no this isn't a post about how I didn't get accepted into a flex. This is a post mostly about the fact the community of WoW is becoming yet again centered around ilvl just like it was centered around gearscore in wrath. Get rid of it. Get rid of the number. Let skill become the only factor. Its working out well in guild wars 2, it works out fairly well in rift, and I'm sure it works out fine in other MMO's.
It is like that for you because you let it be. If you don't care about progression, don't join a progression guild then complain that it is too srs bsns. Join a casual raiding group.