Thread: Modded Oqueue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Interesting...well not really.

As a person who wont get invited to heroic scenario because my character is fresh 90 with low gear, but have alts who are already well geared and I know all the fights, I'd like an addon such as this. Almost all the people who make h scen now prefer people with higher gear level than what it actually rewards, making it impossible to get in.

warcraftmew please PM me. I can't figure out how to PM you. The option won't let me. Maybe try my Skype. It's the same name as what I'm posting as here.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2013-10-27 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    As a person who wont get invited to heroic scenario because my character is fresh 90 with low gear, but have alts who are already well geared and I know all the fights, I'd like an addon such as this. Almost all the people who make h scen now prefer people with higher gear level than what it actually rewards, making it impossible to get in.

warcraftmew please PM me
    Yes, shame on people for having standards and wanting an easy run for valor instead of wanting to carry a bad with no gear through the run.

It sure is great there is an addon that lets you lie to people to get into places you aren't welcome.

I was doing Heroic Lei Shen on my main before most guilds got past horridon, but it doesn't mean my freshly dinged 90 belonged in TOT. Knowing fights doesn't mean much when you have shit gear and can't pull numbers. Personally, I have personal standards and don't like to drag raid groups down and let them carry me, it's a shame others don't feel this way.

Perhaps if you didn't lie your way into pugs and have them realize mid run that you are garbage, you'd make some friends and could run scenarios, dungeons, and raids with them later on, even on alts. But I guess trying to exploit new groups of strangers every time works too.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Yes, shame on people for having standards and wanting an easy run for valor instead of wanting to carry a bad with no gear through the run.

It sure is great there is an addon that lets you lie to people to get into places you aren't welcome.

I was doing Heroic Lei Shen on my main before most guilds got past horridon, but it doesn't mean my freshly dinged 90 belonged in TOT. Knowing fights doesn't mean much when you have shit gear and can't pull numbers. Personally, I have personal standards and don't like to drag raid groups down and let them carry me, it's a shame others don't feel this way.

Perhaps if you didn't lie your way into pugs and have them realize mid run that you are garbage, you'd make some friends and could run scenarios, dungeons, and raids with them later on, even on alts. But I guess trying to exploit new groups of strangers every time works too.
    Kids these days with their entitlement. What else is new?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

The last time skill > gear was somewhere in the first or second tier of Wotlk...everything after you could be the best player in the world but you still won't beat someone with some Ilvl higher to you due stat scaling.

Talking about the average player, not about total noob vs decent players.

Excuse me? Where do you get off calling me names. You don't know me. I make every absolute effort to play my class to near-immaculacy. I've been complimented for doing excellent damage in 5-man heroics and later LFR raids when I was still at or slightly above the required ilvl to queue up. I happened to get a meager 480 ilvl from doing timeless isle before getting into a H scenario that thankfully had a 0 ilvl req, and I was -congratulated- for keeping up on damage compared to the other 2 people with ~500-515 equipped.

Get off your high horse. Not everyone AFK's their way through content. Some people actually try to play the game, and having low level gear does not mean that person sucks at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not a 'high horse'. you are employing an exploit to gain access, which is easily verified upon entry to the instance, expecting the others to compensate for your failings. upon being discovered, you will most likely be ejected from the group, placed on the ban list of everyone there, receive negative karma from every member of the group... and potentially be placed on the oQueue global ban list for exploiting. once there, it's very difficult to ever return to oQueue groups (you'd have to explain yourself to me... and I deal with a lot of trolls so my sympathy levels are near zero)

best advice... don't use it.

There's a reason some people have 540+ requirement for H scenario's. I just run them to cap VP. if i do this with 2 other 540+ the run takes usually 6 min or less.
    Yes you in your 480ilevel can be an awesome player but it will still take much longer simply because you cannot do more dmg than your gear allows.
    There are always a ton of non leveled scenes in the que so i dont know why you'd need to gimp in.

As for "this ruins the addon" quotes, if you que for a flex with fake 550 ilevel soon as you get in the people in the flex will see and kick you.
    so it seems kind of pointless to do this to me.
    It's not an automatic invite, it's a person doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    oQueue source files are published as All Rights Reserved, with the following inline information:
    Code:
    @copyright  Solid ICE Technologies
                  this file may be distributed so long as it remains unaltered
                  if this file is posted to a web site, credit must be given to me along with a link to my web page
                  no code in this file may be used in other works without expressed permission
    As such, I'm afraid I cannot allow redistribution of a modified version of oQueue source code here. This thread will remain open for discussion purposes.
    Im surprised you even allow this thread to continue, Oh wait... no im not.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    any modifications of addon files is an exploit and grounds for global ban. and yes, it's visible.

be aware
    That is the funniest thing I've read today. Thanks!

Completely untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The addon is not GNU/GPL and tiny is the author and can code peoples battletags into the addon to ban them, so, not really untrue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 209 View Post
    That is the funniest thing I've read today. Thanks!

Completely untrue.
    Very much so. The only people getting caught with the modified addon is any idiot that puts iLVL 535 and he's wearing all 496. Be smart about how you modify - change your iLVL from 521 to 525 (perhaps 530 if you're a dps but you really gotta know what you're doing with that). Don't give them a reason to doubt your iLVL.

Edit: For above poster, he is speaking about the part of 'is visible' - that is utter bullshit as he does not use any kind of hash to detect for modifcations to the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    it's not a 'high horse'. you are employing an exploit to gain access, which is easily verified upon entry to the instance, expecting the others to compensate for your failings. upon being discovered, you will most likely be ejected from the group, placed on the ban list of everyone there, receive negative karma from every member of the group... and potentially be placed on the oQueue global ban list for exploiting. once there, it's very difficult to ever return to oQueue groups (you'd have to explain yourself to me... and I deal with a lot of trolls so my sympathy levels are near zero)

best advice... don't use it.
    I'm not trolling. I just believe that I shouldn't have to be punished by being refused entry into a raid where the ilvl requirement is higher than the loot drops because of the shortcomings of other people that are too lazy to learn and understand their class and various boss mechanics. If I can meet the DPS check for an encounter without dying, then obviously I have the required ilvl and experience to beat the encounter. Some arbitrary number shouldn't be preventing me to join a group if I have what it takes to kill the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Very much so. The only people getting caught with the modified addon is any idiot that puts iLVL 535 and he's wearing all 496. Be smart about how you modify - change your iLVL from 521 to 525 (perhaps 530 if you're a dps but you really gotta know what you're doing with that). Don't give them a reason to doubt your iLVL.

Edit: For above poster, he is speaking about the part of 'is visible' - that is utter bullshit as he does not use any kind of hash to detect for modifcations to the addon.
    You understand that Tinystomper is the author of the addon, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Andddd the addon is ruined, took longer than expected to be honest!
    This has been out for a while actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You understand that Tinystomper is the author of the addon, right?
    100%, take a look at the code and you'll see that there isn't. You can even see his global ban list. what he said last is correct though - you can get reported by others for abusing this. He may implement it in future code but in its current iteration, there is no such functionality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I just believe that I shouldn't have to be punished by being refused entry into a raid where the ilvl requirement is higher than the loot drops because of the shortcomings of other people that are too lazy to learn and understand their class and various boss mechanics. If I can meet the DPS check for an encounter without dying, then obviously I have the required ilvl and experience to beat the encounter. Some arbitrary number shouldn't be preventing me to join a group if I have what it takes to kill the boss.
    it's not your call as it's not your group. if you don't like the requirements, make your own. nothing stopping you. of course, you don't want to create your own... you want your toon to be carried by people with higher stats. which is the exploit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronburggundy View Post
    Im surprised you even allow this thread to continue, Oh wait... no im not.
    As long as discussion remains civil, I do not, in fact, believe that censorship is good (or, for that matter, that censorship is going to make the issue go away). Now, I know that's a huge surprise to everyone given that I'm a moderator, but I'm sure you'll be able to handle this relevation.

/sarcasm
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-10-27 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    As long as discussion remains civil, I do not, in fact, believe that censorship is good (or, for that matter, that censorship is going to make the issue go away). Now, I know that's a huge surprise to everyone given that I'm a moderator, but I'm sure you'll be able to handle this relevation.

/sarcasm
    Censorship certainly would not make it just magically go away.

But at least MMOC wouldn't be contributing to the increased awareness of the mod, which is going to lead the illegal distribution of altered copyrighted material, with mmoc being the medium of doing so.

I see you removed the link +1 for that.

But like a user stated above they will just PM each other so it was really a pointless gesture.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for pointing out the existence of this mod, ill definitely use it on some alts

maybe if pugs didnt have rediculously high requirements for entry, due to an unwarranted fear of failure, this wouldnt be nessecary

build a better mousetrap if you want, there will always be a better mouse