Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    RaF a bust for anyone else?

    As the title suggests, I'm curious if anyone else feels totally let down by the new Recruit a friend rewards.

    I know, I know, bliz doesn't owe us anything, but the intent is to lure people into bringing in more people (or additional accounts of their own) to the game, and for me at least not having a new unique mount negates my usual inclination to participate.

    In short: I am disappointed.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans zephid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,796
    So basically what you are saying is that you are willing to buy a new account+game time just to get a mount? I've always seen the mount as a bonus and not the reason why I would buy an other account to RaF with.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,698
    They are making the rewards cooler so when you recruit someone, you can choose what you like most, and not get 1 item instead of choosing out of 10.
    It's strange that you are dissapointed in gifts.. hmmm...
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  4. #4
    Moderator Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm curious if anyone else feels totally let down by the new Recruit a friend rewards.

    I know, I know, bliz doesn't owe us anything, but the intent is to lure people into bringing in more people (or additional accounts of their own) to the game, and for me at least not having a new unique mount negates my usual inclination to participate.

    In short: I am disappointed.
    Having choices promotes bringing in multiple friends to get all the rewards. The hope is that you enjoy the game and you want your friends to have fun too, so you bring them into your world, this isn't an incentive, its a bonus.
    - - Monk Class Forum Moderator - -
    14/14H WW/BrM Monk | Armory | WoWHeroes | Ascent

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm curious if anyone else feels totally let down by the new Recruit a friend rewards.

    I know, I know, bliz doesn't owe us anything, but the intent is to lure people into bringing in more people (or additional accounts of their own) to the game, and for me at least not having a new unique mount negates my usual inclination to participate.

    In short: I am disappointed.
    Firstly, you have no idea how much value is on these pets in the first place, so don't act like it isn't a big reward.

    Second, you can still choose a mount. I would have preferred the pets to be a package reward, 4 for 1, but I know I'm gonna be getter the purple tiger and hippogryph at least.

  6. #6
    The only thing I'm disappointed about when it comes to the new RaF is how hard it is to recruit someone.

    It's been almost two years since they implemented it, now. People shouldn't have had to been unsubscribed since before march 2012 to get the resurrection. What the hell happened to the six month thing? That worked fine. Why did they remove it for this one? All they're doing is preventing people from using it and therefore returning back to the game and paying blizzard money.

  7. #7
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    So basically what you are saying is that you are willing to buy a new account+game time just to get a mount?
    A lot of people do this.

    Personally, as a pet collector, I have to get all of them of course. Love that they are finally available here.

  8. #8
    blizzard love making new pets

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,805
    I've long envied some of those region-specific pets, so I can't claim i'm disappointed at all. The purple crystalline kitten shall be mine.
    The first thing I remember about the world — and I pray that it may be the last — is that I was a stranger in it.” - Malcolm Muggeridge, Apologia pro vita sua (1968)

  10. #10
    Does both the Recruiter and the Recruited receive a free lvl 80?
    Also, enable this in Denmark dammit blizz
    Cálás EU Earthen Ring
    <Horde of the Night>

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    As the title suggests, I'm curious if anyone else feels totally let down by the new Recruit a friend rewards.

    I know, I know, bliz doesn't owe us anything, but the intent is to lure people into bringing in more people (or additional accounts of their own) to the game, and for me at least not having a new unique mount negates my usual inclination to participate.

    In short: I am disappointed.
    theres 3 mounts to choose from 2 previously unobtainable for quite some time, a new 4th mount, and pets that have never been obtainable outside of china. with more stuff on the way/unannounced.

    whats there to complain about?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  12. #12
    The big problem i have with it is players who have been playing years upon years without unsubbing are once again unrewarded. Meanwhile Billy who resubs for 2 weeks every patch is getting free 80s and new mounts out the ass, weeks of free play time etc every time he comes back

    Wheres the support for 'loyal' players? How many people have went without unsubbing for 8+ years? i know i haven't. Wheres my free mount and 80s?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    The big problem i have with it is players who have been playing years upon years without unsubbing are once again unrewarded. Meanwhile Billy who resubs for 2 weeks every patch is getting free 80s and new mounts out the ass, weeks of free play time etc every time he comes back

    Wheres the support for 'loyal' players? How many people have went without unsubbing for 8+ years? i know i haven't. Wheres my free mount and 80s?
    over 40 million people have quit wow.

    the amount of people who have played since vanilla is very small. although i do think they should add some kind of loyalty plan. maybe make the same recruit a friend rewards available once a year if youve been subbed all year
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    over 40 million people have quit wow.

    the amount of people who have played since vanilla is very small. although i do think they should add some kind of loyalty plan. maybe make the same recruit a friend rewards available once a year if youve been subbed all year
    To be honest i don't think either side deserves some reward for playing or not playing. But if they're going to do it with resubbers then they definately should do it for 'loyal' players. I don't even like using the word 'loyal' as i don't think its unloyal to quit a game you don't enjoy but whatever thats the best word i can use to describe it.

    Yes i agree in this case a loyalty plan for every 6 months you're subbing or something would be nice. Free gold, 80s, experience boosts, free subs for X days would be nice, priority in ticket queues, stuff like that.

    Again i take no pride in having my sub intact since late vanilla but its only fair to reward 'loyal' players if we reward new or returning players.

  15. #15
    A bust? No. The triple exp and level granting is still working perfectly fine, on my end. If they're not working on yours during your RAF, I'd suggest putting in a ticket to resolve the issue.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

  16. #16
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    The big problem i have with it is players who have been playing years upon years without unsubbing are once again unrewarded. Meanwhile Billy who resubs for 2 weeks every patch is getting free 80s and new mounts out the ass, weeks of free play time etc every time he comes back

    Wheres the support for 'loyal' players? How many people have went without unsubbing for 8+ years? i know i haven't. Wheres my free mount and 80s?
    Recruit someone and you'll get a free mount.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Recruit someone and you'll get a free mount.
    The point




    Your head

  18. #18
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    The point




    Your head
    No I get it, you think because you've been subbed for X years you're entitled to get freebies of some sort just for subbing to a game that your subbing to because you obviously want to?

    So If they go your route of gifting freebies to folks who have subbed for X year, how does that work out? Folks that have subbed from the start get 2 mounts and pets, folks that have subbed for only 2 years get a pet but no mount? It just opens up a whole can of worms that the community would froth at the mouth about anyway.

    RaF is trying to get new blood into the game, surely for all us long term players that is a good thing? Why do we need more incentive to stay subbed, if we have stayed subbed all these years? It makes no sense, cause yer just gonna stay subbed anyway.
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2013-10-26 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Got the SoR eligibility wrong! derp:)

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    The big problem i have with it is players who have been playing years upon years without unsubbing are once again unrewarded. Meanwhile Billy who resubs for 2 weeks every patch is getting free 80s and new mounts out the ass, weeks of free play time etc every time he comes back

    Wheres the support for 'loyal' players? How many people have went without unsubbing for 8+ years? i know i haven't. Wheres my free mount and 80s?
    I don't think you understand how the scroll of resurrection works.

    You can't just unsub for a few months and become qualified for the scroll of resurrection. Billy is only eligible for a free 80 if he unsubbed before March 2012 and has not returned since. So no, he's not getting free play time, free 80s or free mounts. He might get some play time and a mount if he recruits a friend to the game, however, and that friend pays for 3 months of game time. He's not getting anything from coming back every patch, though.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2013-10-26 at 04:37 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    No I get it, you think because you've been subbed for X years you're entitled to get freebies of some sort just for subbing to a game that your subbing to because you obviously want to?

    So If they go your route of gifting freebies to folks who have subbed for X year, how does that work out? Folks that have subbed from the start get 2 mounts and pets, folks that have subbed for only 2 years get a pet but no mount? It just opens up a whole can of worms that the community would froth at the mouth about anyway.

    RaF is trying to get new blood into the game, surely for all us long term players that is a good thing? Why do we need more incentive to stay subbed, if we have stayed subbed all these years? It makes no sense, cause yer just gonna stay subbed anyway, and if you don't then in a few months, one of yer pals can scroll of rez ya, then you can get a free level 80 with mount!
    I think it's more the fact that people have run out of reasons to play other than the fact that it's an unhealthy obsessive addiction and the wrath people are starting to realize that. Most vanilla/BC players such as myself have been gone for a long while and only resub once in a blue moon to see if the game has gotten any better. (NEWS FLASH! it hasn't) It's still the same endless grind of complete boredom where everyone is trying to climb a flight of stairs like lemmings in the name of "progress" and "achievement" when at the top of the staircase is nothing but a cliff edge to fall off of when you realize that the entire game is about the journey and the grind. Once that is gone, there's nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •