Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vanish in Warlords [PvP]

Glyph of Disappearance
    Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 60 sec, but when Vanish's duration ends, Stealth is no longer automatically activated.
    Enhanced Vanish
    Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 30 sec.
    With these, subtlety can achieve a 30 second cooldown on vanish at the cost of it reactivating stealth. Are there any thoughts as to how this might affect PvP? You lose defensive capabilities obviously, but this would give us access to cheap shot/garrote and also find weakness every 30 seconds. This may be especially powerful for quick swaps now that combo points are shared between targets.

Does anyone know if subterfuge triggers with Glyph of Disappearance? If so, it is effectively a mini dance on a 30 second CD.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2014-07-01 at 05:34 AM.

that glyph is for Combat and mutilate only you cant use the glyph and be Sub I read on wowhead. I assume the glyph is an attempt to give the other specs a chance because sub is getting a flat out no penalty decrease of 30 seconds to their vanish and sub can utilize stealth more than other 2 specs because of find weakness.

Glyph doesnt look too bad remains to be seen if combat, mut rogues using it if it is worth the penalty. Often when i vanish its not a clean get away anyway but I had to vanish or face death.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-07-01 at 05:43 AM.

oldschoolrogueplayer thats confirmed hes right.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I don't really understand the glyph - isn't the duration of vanish long enough to cause a combat drop? So you could just spam the stealth key when it's about to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't really understand the glyph - isn't the duration of vanish long enough to cause a combat drop? So you could just spam the stealth key when it's about to end.
    My guess is that it works like Subterfuge at the moment, puts the Rogue in stealth for a period of time then knocks them out.

Deleted
    Vanish is only 3 seconds, combat timer is 5 seconds.

But vanish breaks you out of combat I thought
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    But vanish breaks you out of combat I thought
    It does, imagine this kind of like Subterfuge. You use Vanish, you're stealthed for 3 seconds, then you automatically unstealth. Doesn't matter if you attack someone or not. You'll still drop combat (presumably) so you can still Sap off Vanish, but you'll be automatically revealed after a few seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It does, imagine this kind of like Subterfuge. You use Vanish, you're stealthed for 3 seconds, then you automatically unstealth. Doesn't matter if you attack someone or not. You'll still drop combat (presumably) so you can still Sap off Vanish, but you'll be automatically revealed after a few seconds.
    what stops you from using Stealth after the vanish stealth fades?

you cant stealth in combat?

Deleted
    but vanish makes you drop combat

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Attacking drops the vanish buff and pops you out of vanish-stealth immediately. It's not at all like subterfuge. You only stay vanished for 3 seconds if you do not do anything that breaks stealth for those 3 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Attacking drops the vanish buff and pops you out of vanish-stealth immediately. It's not at all like subterfuge. You only stay vanished for 3 seconds if you do not do anything that breaks stealth for those 3 seconds.
    But does it procc Subterfuge? I'm at work right now so can't check beta.

I might be missing something, but vanish drops combat, so after the 3 seconds wears off, why not simply hit the stealth button?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    But does it procc Subterfuge? I'm at work right now so can't check beta.
    Presumably it does (I don't have beta), but subterfuge doesn't keep you stealthed in WoD--it just gives you a mini-dance.

There is always the possibility that vanish will activate the stealth CD when the effect ends.

Edit; I really hope that is the case. Maybe I can go back to the talents and spec I have wanted to use for so long; assassination, with nightstalker, stealth glyph, burst of speed and dirty tricks. Depends a bit if a stopattack gouge-macro will put you in combat or not. Also, reading the datamined patch notes for 6.0 i noticed that sap did not spesifically state "cannot be used in combat". Considering the direction they are going with in regards to CC, it was likely just a tooltip bug or maybe I misread, however you can always hope. If it's the case, I'd like to get sap into dirty tricks aswell. Then maybe rogues could get back to being about control and evasion.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-07-01 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    There is always the possibility that vanish will activate the stealth CD when the effect ends.
    I was playing with this last night when they put up the 100 server it doesn't put stealth on cd so even if you drop combat a sec after vanish ends you can stealth. Vanish doesn't always drop combat right away in pvp it is like this on live as well. So if you're using this you need to attack during that 3secs or run in case it doesn't drop combat in time.

Something else worth noting do to the extra responsiveness of the game now when you vanish you're gone none of that someone is still staring at you and attacking in vanish and when you see someone in stealth they disappear within a 1sec vs the 5-6secs it takes some times on live.

Quote Originally Posted by wangsta View Post
    you cant stealth in combat?
    Have you ever played a rogue or feral kitty? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Something else worth noting do to the extra responsiveness of the game now when you vanish you're gone none of that someone is still staring at you and attacking in vanish and when you see someone in stealth they disappear within a 1sec vs the 5-6secs it takes some times on live.
    This is interesting. I got charged by a warrior while I was in stealth once. I almost broke my keyboard in half.

Also, I didn't play my rogue at the time, but I remember reading about it on mmo-champion. Does vanish work as an immunity still, for that split second you vanish? I feel like some times I have vanished aimed shots and not taken damage, and other times I die from some big hit and my vanish was still put on CD. But with this responsiveness, I won't get executed by a warrior and looking at my bars and see vanish was still put on CD?