Thread: heroic dungeons

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Unhappy heroic dungeons

    Hello,

    Do you miss cata dungeons? They had some story (ds dungeons) they had some difficulty level (e.g. Dragha Shadowburner - some ppl just leave it and go to next boss). Epic 3 dungeons from ICC... Chellenge Mode is fun, but cant replace hc(real hc) dungeons. Scenarios? Pff premade only and now its one shoot. I hope blizz will bring it back in 6.x .

  2. #2
    No, they were too faceroll easy except at the beginning. What i really miss is BC style heroics with no Que system.

  3. #3
    Yep. Cata dungeons at launch were ideal for our guildruns, or a LFD run if you felt confident and patient.

    They do suffer from the same problem in every expansion, TBC included(take off the nostalgia goggles folks). They start off challenging but get ridiculously easy as average gear level increases. So it got the point where only the mid-expansion 5mans were still tricky. Magister's Terrace, Halls of Reflection, ZA/ZG.

  4. #4
    now you have faceroll... even with new players. At blizz give us quite often new, now... we have 464 ilvl hcs in all 5.x

  5. #5
    Totally. The game feels extremely empty without proper 5 man content. I don't care for challenge modes. They're just a gimmick and completely disjointed from the rest of the game. I don't need medals and record times, just fun dungeons that have a role in character progression. Meaning, valor/justice and gear.

    I'm also not a fan of the whole premade crap. Having to stand around in cities, spamming /2 just feels like a huge step backwards. There's noting "social" about that. It just takes away from what is most important for me: valuable, quality play time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't need medals and record times, just fun dungeons that have a role in character progression. Meaning, valor/justice and gear.
    CMs are the fastest way to get vp (maybe slightly behind hc scenario since they came out).
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  7. #7
    The game feels awkward how they gutted 5 mans, and now we have 4 difficulty of raid instead and it just feels stupid

  8. #8
    Shattered Halls in TBC...would be an interesting challenge mode.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,312
    Hopefully they learned their lesson and next expansions will feature more and hopefully a bit harder, or much harder...

    Rift expert dungeons are on the money with difficulty, to the extend all random pugs requires all people knowing strategy and their class rotations or its a wipe; really easy to see when people are clueless
    Last edited by Lemposs; 2013-10-27 at 12:58 AM.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Archimand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Hopefully they learned their lesson and next expansions will feature more and hopefully a bit harder, or much harder...

    Rift expert dungeons are on the money with difficulty, to the extend all random pugs requires all people knowing strategy and their class rotations or its a wipe; really easy to see when people are clueless
    so you want a dungeon that might require multiple clears to get the 1 piece of gear you want to last 1 hour

    ye CANT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT .....


    blizzard made it clear, you want challange do challange mode. heroic dungeons are just that, a max level dungeon with easy difficulity to gear newly dinged players for the rest of the content

    there is more then enough challange in this game, challange mode dungeons,endless proving grounds,heroic raids,soloing.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."
    Archimand - On Demand Breeding List Link
    FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

  11. #11
    Heroics might be more challenging if threat mechanics and aoe tanking mechanics hadn't made tanking thousands of times easier/more convenient.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,666
    Cata t11 dungeons were horrible. Even in mostly 372 gear I would still very predictably wipe in random groups on certain bosses just trying to cap valor. The fire boss and the last boss of Grim Batol especially. It was a horrible waste of time. Absolutely horrible.

    Troll heroics were better, but still a bit too much for random groups. Like the maze boss.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Cata t11 dungeons were horrible. Even in mostly 372 gear I would still very predictably wipe in random groups on certain bosses just trying to cap valor. The fire boss and the last boss of Grim Batol especially. It was a horrible waste of time. Absolutely horrible.

    Troll heroics were better, but still a bit too much for random groups. Like the maze boss.
    I think that what we call 'heroics' now should be downgraded to normals but still reward justice/valour cap and such.

    Then we can make actual heroic dungeons that require a pre-made group and are very challenging.

  14. #14
    Pit Lord Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    so you want a dungeon that might require multiple clears to get the 1 piece of gear you want to last 1 hour

    ye CANT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT .....


    blizzard made it clear, you want challange do challange mode. heroic dungeons are just that, a max level dungeon with easy difficulity to gear newly dinged players for the rest of the content

    there is more then enough challange in this game, challange mode dungeons,endless proving grounds,heroic raids,soloing.
    I'm okay with that, might actaully inspire or force people to do better. Crazy right?

  15. #15
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think that what we call 'heroics' now should be downgraded to normals but still reward justice/valour cap and such.

    Then we can make actual heroic dungeons that require a pre-made group and are very challenging.
    Hmm it i know what are you looking for its challange mods with epic drops which you can out gear.

  16. #16
    Hmm, nope, don't miss them that all. Just made grinding them more unbearable. Heroics existed as a way to get gear, nothing more, there are now many other ways to get better gear, therefore heroics really don't need to exist at all. I'd actually be fine if Blizzard made them impossible, literally impossible, a boss with infinite life or something, because they serve virtually zero purpose. The only reason to ever do heroics in BC/Wrath/Cata was for gear, you could grind them for hours on end, now there's no need. There are at least 4 other ways to get equal or better gear, so heroics are virtually useless.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Luminoth4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,138
    I miss what they had in Cataclysm and Wrath with the Three Dungeons in the final raid patch that really told the story and added a few more Five Mans to the scene. Those are the Dungeons I generally hold in highest regard, and was extremely disappointed to not see a Trio added for SoO.
    My Characters (Alliance - Shadowsong / Horde - Tarren-Mill)

    Dristereau3D

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Thendx View Post
    Hmm it i know what are you looking for its challange mods with epic drops which you can out gear.
    I don't enjoy challenge modes because they're not about being challenging they're about how quickly you can complete fairly easy content.

  19. #19
    High Overlord Sillicis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    No, they were too faceroll easy except at the beginning. What i really miss is BC style heroics with no Que system.
    Try challenge modes then. You have not done any challenge mode so far on your warrior. They're really fun. No queue system, and timing is everything.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    Try challenge modes then. You have not done any challenge mode so far on your warrior. They're really fun. No queue system, and timing is everything.
    Its fun to gear up in start of expansions with some challenge, in the beginning u could pretty much tank those as dps and just faceroll it, they should stop call the dungs heroic then, i miss old times in tier 11 with harder heroics and farm rep for some epic pieces, good OL times. Maybe not so hard mechanic wise but tighter and higher tuned dmg, so u could actually die

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •