Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I need help with my weird dreams.

Hey there. I usually never talk about personal matters here and this is a big one I guess. I'll go straight to the case.

I've been having this dreams for about one year now, maybe a little bit more. I keep dreaming with daily situations such as taking the buss on my way to the uni, or picking the metro (that one quite often), even thought here's no metro. Other times I'm arriving to the uni and some other times I'm on my way. Sometimes I find myself walking through the halls of my old superior formation school.

The big deal about is the next:

Everything has some sort of purple, green or blue filter. I don't remember any sounds but I perfectly remember every single detail (I always remember a lot of details on my dreams). I am there in first person but I make no contact with other people. Everything is on it's place but it's all modified, for example, the roads are not the same, the entrance to the uni is not the same, etc.

When I wake up I suddenly remember certain details from those dreams, for example the way the buss brakes, the lighting in some areas... Remembering this brings me a weird feelings which I can not describe, I just can't find the words for it but it kind of creeps me out. It's not about fear, but it simply leaves me with a seriously weird feeling.

If it helps, I used to dream with tsunami waves quite often too, but lately those dreams have been replaced by the latest.

Does anyone have a clue about the possible meaning of this madness? I start to feel a bit of pressure about it and I can not afford a psychologist to talk about it.

Thanks in advance, do you ever have such dreams?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's trying to say you're in love with your mother.

Seriously though, no one on here is going to know.

Deleted
    It has no fucking meaning, your subconscious is doing whatever the fuck it wants to.

Deleted
    Consult a professional.

/Thread

Honest question, do you eat late at night/before you go to bed?

That always causes me and my friends untold amounts of "WTF" dreams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Consult a professional.

/Thread
    That would be wasting the professional's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Honest question, do you eat late at night/before you go to bed?

That always causes me and my friends untold amounts of "WTF" dreams.
    ^^^

I get REALLY creepy, disturbing, scary, or just plain crazy or odd dreams if I eat food before going to bed, especially if it's sugary. Beyond that, I don't know if it's different for other people, but for me, if I don't get a lot of sleep previous to that night, I get some really weird dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Did you finish school?

I had weird freaky dreams back in high school when I tripped off Ketamine. Even 24 hours after the drug had worn off, I'd go to sleep and have the freakest dreams ever.

I had a dream where I was watching people in a place I'd always picture hell to look like and corehounds and a whole bunch of Shannox-looking things from WoW would come out and murder everyone. Then after he killed them, the people reapwned and they killed them again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I think it's trying to say you're in love with your mother.

Seriously though, no one on here is going to know.
    No no no! It's penis envy!

Yeah no-one here is gonna know. You're having a period of vivid dreams. I have them too. Nothing to worry about.
    You letting them get to you is probably triggering more of them. Constantly thinking about something usually affects your dreams to be about that something.

Dreams have no meaning. It's your brain going haywire during the sleep. It's sometimes related to your last thought before going to sleep if it was something that really bothered you.

I too dream often about a city I've never seen in my life. Just had to get used to it over the years, and enjoy exploring new areas in it, whenever possible.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    I too dream often about a city I've never seen in my life. Just had to get used to it over the years, and enjoy exploring new areas in it, whenever possible.
    Aha...sure...and then you discovered the Logout button appears if you press Escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Aha...sure...and then you discovered the Logout button appears if you press Escape.
    No, I'm serious. I see it every few weeks or so. Could describe landmarks easily, but I'm sure all of it is just a work of imagination getting loose during sleep.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Its not a dream. What your actually experiencing is actually what happens when your brain syncs up with an alternate universe you which is why things seem off and sometimes are different colors.

I've had these before and I followed one to where I had never been before(peru) in search of a buried treasure the other me found. Luckily when I got there there was a treasure but it only ended up being a 1/5th of what the alternate me had gotten. Just a Warning, as these are alternate universes, things wont always be the way you saw them in a dream, I actually wasted all my money from the treasure following another one which turned out to be nothing.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2013-10-26 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Without any questions asked i'm going to guess. You go to university every day, it's boring, memories are overlapping, brain sorting boring same memories and dumping duplicate memories, so you are probably rewinding boring same memories to save space for new ones. Brain defragmentation ftw.

Deleted
    I get plagued with dreams with scenarios with irrational arguments in it, can't win them due to the bat shit crazy opponent, not the scenario to walk away or get violent to end them, just tedium. I'm a a 'lucid' dreamer anyway so I just wake up, but miss out on sleep due to it. Finding out their supposed 'meaning' and dealing with it had no effect on them whatsoever, I wish I could be as stubborn as my subconscious, and argue as well as it

I wouldn't worry about it. Dreams happen for a variety of reasons. Even weird ones are harmless 99.99999% of the time. Everyone has some. It's just your brain sorting stuff out mostly. Don't try to make sense of it, you can't.

Deleted
    Have you tried tearing out your eyes?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No no no! It's penis envy!

Yeah no-one here is gonna know. You're having a period of vivid dreams. I have them too. Nothing to worry about.
    You letting them get to you is probably triggering more of them. Constantly thinking about something usually affects your dreams to be about that something.
    I don't constantly think about it, not at all in fact. It simply pops up at random times and gives me this weird feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    It has no fucking meaning, your subconscious is doing whatever the fuck it wants to.
    Of course dreams do have a meaning, that is a psychological fact.
    Your subconscious is not random and you should know this before you claim such things.

Then again, most of people claiming to know the meaning of dreams might be 99% full of bullsh.... But saying how a dream has no meaning is plain wrong.