View Poll Results: Do you play with the ingame music on?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

10 27.03%
  • Sometimes

15 40.54%
  • Never

12 32.43%

Do you play with the ingame music on?

I'm just curious, I personally don't and usually have all sounds turned off. If I do have sound on then I will have just the effects and no "Ambient Sounds" on.

Ye, I play with all wowsounds on, unless I'm listenin to music.

When I was solo playing I have the music up. It's quite great.

When I was raiding though I usually keep it off or VERY subdued as I needed to hear the alerts/people.

EDIT: On the rare occasion, I'll turn off the music and surplant my own soundtrack. I have a nice few quiet new-age/celtic ones for fishing, a few angry rock ones for Alterac Valley, ect...
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

I looove the ingame music. Enough I set up my sounds so I can hear people but music doesn't daft them or vice versa. A lot of the songs set the mood to the zone pretty well IMO.
    Though I'm also a atmosphere junkie and kind of feel empty when someone says "Oh I don't play with any sounds on"

I always wondered how people could play games with sound/music off. It's like playing console games on a monochrome TV. It's like having sex with your clothes on. You know how to do it, but it's not the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I always wondered how people could play games with sound/music off
    I always turn off sound when raiding because of the insane amount of distracting noises. I put on something suitable in the background like Two Steps From Hell or opera ( yeah, we old people listen to that stuff, really )
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo! ::

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I always wondered how people could play games with sound/music off. It's like playing console games on a monochrome TV. It's like having sex with your clothes on. You know how to do it, but it's not the real thing.
    I usually have sound off in the city because I get tired of hearing the crafting noises or people spamming spells. When i'm out farming/questing/PvPing I will usually have the sound on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I usually have sound off in the city because I get tired of hearing the crafting noises or people spamming spells. When i'm out farming/questing/PvPing I will usually have the sound on though.
    Exactly the same here ^^

Not all the time, but quite often. Especially for zones I really enjoy the music.
    I have to play with game sounds on though, it's just not the same without.

All the time except when I am alttabbing something else for long period.

Without ingame music the game just feels devoid of something and completely breaks immersion

Always (well, other than raiding simply because I need to hear other things - but I still have it on softly in the background). It's hard for me to get into a game if the music doesn't match at all what I'm playing. Completely removes any immersion (for me, at least!).

WoW has some of the best game music around. So I have it on most of the time.

For the most part, I play with the in-game music on. Some tracks are just absolutely amazing, and I love the ambience in places like Ashenvale. While raiding or participating in some guild activity that requires voice chat, I just crank down the master volume enough that it isn't a bother. If I'm doing something like chain running dungeons or grinding resources, I'll blast some of my music, sure.