Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It was announced that the movie plays in the times before WoW. Medhiv and Khadgar have been mentioned to be key characters..
    We may hear more though, next month from the Movie Panel at Blizzcon.
    Yes. When they say he will play as one of the four main characters, I'm assuming those characters are Khadgar, Medivh, Anduin Lothar, and Llane Wrynn. Or maybe Garona in there somewhere. Personally, I think he would make a good king Llane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    like Hollywood has never cast 30somthings to play high school students
    True. Maergary Tyrell is....daaaayummmmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    a very small part you might not even notice was him. like i said not much. this guys been in a successful drama too and lots of you guys have never heard of him
    He was the villain in Goblet... hardly small

Besides a drama on a documentary channel isn't huge... That's less known than Ken Barlow lol

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    He was the villain in Goblet... hardly small

Besides a drama on a documentary channel isn't huge... That's less known than Ken Barlow lol
    a villain who was shapeshifted as a different character for 99% of the movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagine this video when someone talks about the live action WoW movie.

You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    He actually looks like a rentboy I knew

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I punch some of the people in this thread? Please?

FFS.. "Nvr heard of dis fulms. movee will be bad now"

Go watch the show the Vikings. It plays on History Channel I believe. I am sure he can play a character well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post

Lmao, right? I'm reading these comments and just shaking my head in disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post

Go watch the show the Vikings. It plays on History Channel I believe. I am sure he can play a character well.
    It's not so much that as there are a ton of great actors out there that aren't well known. I think he will be great as well. But overall, I think a lot of people are expecting big names as that is usually the way to draw people in.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love this guy in Vikings. He can play a brute damn well, in Vikings he is rough as anything. I dont think hed pull of Arthas, hes just not tall enough, maybe a Turalyon or Tirion?
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-10-27 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    tbh isnt lord of the rings basically the warcraft movie cos thats where most medievil/fantasy RPG's are based on

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I remember very well, when they built the cast for LOTR..
    Christopher Lee as Saruman, I was able to see that.
    Ian McKellen as Gandalf, fine, that can work with such a character actor.
    Liv Tyler... Really?
    Hugo Weaving as Elrond... Really? Agent Smith becomes an iconic Elf?
    Bernard Hill... The guy that played the Cpt of the Titanic in the same Movie?
    Viggo Mortensen - Lucifer from The Prophecy as Aragorn?
    And the rest? Rather more or less unknown actors..
    All in all, some wham bam power name was completely missing, if we neglect Christopher Lee who clearly is a high profile name.

And how did it play out? Pretty good if you ask me..

That taught me, once again, to not judge a book by it's cover...
    Especially when we know neither. The book, and the cover.
    We have not yet any complete cast list. Don't know a lot about the story book, other than it will be the time before WoW..
    So forget Anduin, Arthas and the like.
    It's the time of Medhiv..
    Very good point. Just because none of these actor have played in a major, five star production doesn't mean they'll be bad.

As for Medivh, HE'S THE GREATEST!!!

Deleted
    We don't even know what this movie about. It could be a teen movie and he could play a random real world guy who got sucked into WoW while playing or something and has to prove himself by taking on a dangerous question to slay that which has no life.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God no this actor is horrible.

He couldn't keep a straight face throughout that whole Viking series.

The actor certainly isn't very popular but he's definitely a great one especially for the setting the movie will be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I always imagine this video when someone talks about the live action WoW movie.
    Here I thought that Swifty was supposed to be a fan of the game. That looked like a SNL rendition of a WoW fan. Sadly that's pretty much how I see a WoW live action film going over too. They should have gone with an animated feature.

Deleted
    I wouldnt be surprised if the story would take place shortly before WoW.

telling the story of creating Horde and Alliance. with some well known from WoW characters like Bolvar, Veressa, Khadgar, Rhonin, Sylvanas(as a banshee queen)+ some orcs that stood in Eastern Kingdoms. something that happened in the same time that Cycle of Hatred but in Eastern Kingdoms. so story of refugees from Lordaeron, story of Forsaken after getting UC, story of those orcs who didnt follow Thrall, some Scarlet Crusade, reorganization of High Elves that didnt follow Kael, rebuilding of Dalaran, maybe something about Kul Tiras after Dealin death.

i'd rather say that Warcraft movie will be very connected to WoW and it would fill the story gaps rather than tell a completely new story.

and about this guy, hmmm maybe some brand new character that will fight orcs and the forsaken with well known characters? or maybe Grayson Shadowbreaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be better with a bunch of people that are unheard of, but talented. Much better than an all-star cast where a lot of people would be seeing other characters they've played as than making the character they play be the one that people say "Oh, that's <character> from Warcraft" when they go in other films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

The better known the actor, the less believable their role will be. Please hire unknowns and save the money for amazing effects and other things to keep the numb minds numb.

This movie could do as well as Lord of the Rings.

Unfortunately, unlike Lord of the Rings, Warcraft writing has always been terrible, so it's unlikely this movie will be any different.

I'm very hopeful I am wrong, though.