Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft movie update: actor announced

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110673

Good choice in actor IMO. Good to see someone with gritty film experience.

Another thing I noticed, there are 4 leading rolls.

With Colin Ferrel also still under consideration, who could they be playing?

Edit: here is a trailer for those who have not seen Vikings.

Last edited by Lightwysh; 2013-10-26 at 09:22 PM.

pretty sure fimmel will be playing turalyon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Who? Never even heard of Vikings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Check you local cinema

Never heard of him...?

Feature films[edit]
    2008: Restraint as Ron
    2008: Surfer, Dude as Johnny Doran
    2010: Ivory as Jake
    2010: The Experiment as Helweg
    2010: Needle as Marcus Rutherford
    2010: Pure Country 2: The Gift as Dale Jordan
    2011: Supremacy (short film) as Garrett Tully
    2011: The Big Valley (post production)
    2012: Harodim as Lazarus Fell
    2013: The Baytown Outlaws as McQueen Oodie
    2014: Overdrive as Andrew
    2015: Warcraft

Nor none of the films hes been in, seems hes more famous as a model than actor.

Never even heard of him.

Got serious doubts about this film, think it's going to go horribly.

vikings is a show on history. its a drama. pretty good too.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    vikings is a show on history. its a drama. pretty good too.
    I was pretty impressed with the first few episodes. I would have liked to finish the series. Hopefully it's on netflix soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    Never heard of him...?

Feature films[edit]
    2008: Restraint as Ron
    2008: Surfer, Dude as Johnny Doran
    2010: Ivory as Jake
    2010: The Experiment as Helweg
    2010: Needle as Marcus Rutherford
    2010: Pure Country 2: The Gift as Dale Jordan
    2011: Supremacy (short film) as Garrett Tully
    2011: The Big Valley (post production)
    2012: Harodim as Lazarus Fell
    2013: The Baytown Outlaws as McQueen Oodie
    2014: Overdrive as Andrew
    2015: Warcraft

Nor none of the films hes been in, seems hes more famous as a model than actor.
    Never heard of any of them films

Deleted
    Unfortunatly I never really thought much about a Warcraft live action movie... I predict another Dungeons & Dragons disaster! Would've preferred an animated Blu Ray instead

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Vikings is a show from the History Channel (US) and its awesome I really recommend it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Vikings is a show from the History Channel (US) and its awesome I really recommend it!
    I gathered

Sorry I have no idea how that went up three times o.0

Deleted
    So we have the final title a release date and a casting anouncement. Ya watching J.J. ? THIS is how things are supposed to be done.

i think its good they get lesser known actors.

think about it, if they got some super famous people you would go into the theater and instead of seeing medivh or turalyon you would see that dude from so and so. and looking at his picture on that site he looks alot different then when hes all viking'd up so he wont be ragnar lothbrok he will be turalyon or whoever he plays, unless blizzard wants him to be :P

same with doctor who, did anyone know who the hell matt smith was? or david tennant? they hadnt dont much. get lower profile actors (that are good) and its much easier to see them as that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So we have the final title a release date and a casting anouncement. Ya watching J.J. ? THIS is how things are supposed to be done.
    jj had to throw out the script they were working on for episode vii and hes stepped in to write it himself now.

and i dont really think comparing warcraft to star wars is fair. star wars is like a bajillion times more popular.

Betting they're gonna get Ben Kingsley too. No way he's gonna miss staring in a piece of crap movie, it's kinda like his trademark.

I hope it flops, that way they will put future Warcraft movies on hold for 5-7 years before they try it again. And that time, hopefully, they will do a 100% CGI movie that will be the start of a large number of movies telling the entire Warcraft saga, without the need for re-casts if an actor departs, or having to use an older actor to play a younger version of the character he had already played, and stuff like that. Also, I would like Warcraft to be to CGI movies what Star Wars was to special effects and sci-fi movies.

Deleted
    TBF David Tennant was in Harry Potter and a successful drama before Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I was pretty impressed with the first few episodes. I would have liked to finish the series. Hopefully it's on netflix soon.
    It's getting a second season as well, hopefully longer than the 7 or so the first season was. Can't wait!