Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This movie could do as well as Lord of the Rings.

Unfortunately, unlike Lord of the Rings, Warcraft writing has always been terrible, so it's unlikely this movie will be any different.

I'm very hopeful I am wrong, though.
    Reading the Lord of the Rings is no treat. It's like half an encyclopedia combined with short stories, songs and a crappy screenplay inbetween.

I fond the Hobbit much more enjoyable, but perhaps it was because it was meant for children and I was younger at the time I first read them both, but even now I prefer to reflect on the Hobbit.

Warcraft has always had pretty cheesy writing, but I think they have tried to have more symbolic and "show rather than tell" (generic english teacher quote) styles in their writing as of late. Although the characters were poorly developed and hard to care about, even Garrosh should have been a more emotive experience, more drawn out.

A two patch raid would have been amazing, Garrosh must have had legions behind him, would have been easy to work in Lei Shin and Garrosh's tertiary forces into the same thing and began the story earlier, but alas it went better than I thought. I was just hoping for more Garrosh interference and less troll raid time.

ramble,ramble.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Betting they're gonna get Ben Kingsley too. No way he's gonna miss staring in a piece of crap movie, it's kinda like his trademark.
    While I agree that Ben Kingsley has been in some bad movies, you do realize that he gave one of the greatest acting performances OF ALL TIME in Ghandi, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    While I agree that Ben Kingsley has been in some bad movies, you do realize that he gave one of the greatest acting performances OF ALL TIME in Ghandi, right?
    Yep and Marlon Brando was awesome in a Street Car Named Desire, but did you see him in the Isle of Dr Moreau? Same as Ben Kingsley when he was in Ghandi compared to when he was in Sound of Thunder.

Lots of great actors have terrible roles awaiting them, I don't see how Kingsley fits into this movie.

Deleted
    Personally I don't really care who's acting... I rarely look at a movie and think OMG [NAME] IS IN IT, FAPS

Deleted
    They should get Robert Carlisle, Gerard Butler, Rose Leslie, Ewan MacGreggor, Freya Mayvor, James McAvoy, Kevin McKidd and Lara Fraser.

15+ Year Old Account
    as long as uwe boll isn't directing the movie, it has a chance to become at least somewhat decent.