Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    <facepalm>

Is that really the argument you're going with?
    Blizzard: And we would of gotten away with it to, if weren't for those meddling Datamining kids!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    <facepalm>

Is that really the argument you're going with?
    I'm just as ashamed as you are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    What's fun about a mediocre expansion idea? Really.
    I could give you summaries of all the expansions that make them sound mediocre. There's a lot of things that sound horrid but are awesome in execution, and a lot of things that sound awesome but are horrid in execution (HI CATACLYSM!).

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Thank you Boub. Hopefully everyone will begin to see the light now. aaahahahah, I love it.

As for a Legion expansion, highly doubt it.

With the past two expansions it's been easy to expect what we could see getting announced at BlizzCon with the trademarks getting out so far in advance. iirc, the last time we were this close to BlizzCon with no trademark leak was Wrath of the Lich King in 07, which didn't get out until 4 days beforehand. Which actually makes this a pretty exciting time right now. So it's still possible we could see a trademark leak in the next two weeks, but if it doesn't get out next week, imo, I don't think we'll hear anything until BlizzCon.

We will see a TM in the next few days. Just you wait

If you're able to confirm that things AREN'T the expansion, can you confirm that Skysunder is fake?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Lord of the Clans.

Just you wait. They've been sitting on that trademark for years now, plotting...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's Lord of the Clans.

Just you wait. They've been sitting on that trademark for years now, plotting...
    Gul'dan? Is that you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the dick riding of Boubouille? He knows nothing about the coming expansion, and he will know nothing - not after the Cataclysm debacle a few years ago... who would want to work with him? Except Blizzard's PR-team, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun if Blizzard proved us all wrong and it really was the Infinite expansion?
    That would be pretty funny.

All those blues know what the expantion is going to be like and called. Are you naive enough to think they would come out and be like "aww yup you guys got us, it's the dark below!" Before Blizzcon?! I bought a virtual ticket to see the announcement first hand! No tiny leaks except that small one. They keep mentioning it and laughing, like come on! I do believe it's the Dark Below, but I don't think very many know it's features. I had a dream they post pined the announcement till the second day lol, some nightmare huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Why the dick riding of Boubouille? He knows nothing about the coming expansion, and he will know nothing - not after the Cataclysm debacle a few years ago... who would want to work with him? Except Blizzard's PR-team, that is.
    What are you on about? The cataclysm leaks were completely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I know you can't tell us what it is, but the certainty of your wording heavily implies you know what it is. Or, at the very least, you've had (a) source(s) confirm it's not TDB
    It's just been confirmed fake a million times. Why is that so hard for people to believe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    What are you on about? The cataclysm leaks were completely spot on.
    No, they weren't. I remember when the leak happened, it was thought Azshara would be involved and not Deathwing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    We have Therioes, but nothing is corfirmed, weither it is the The Dark Below, Rise of the Legion or Infinite.

Does are names that are flying around,

but nothing is 100% confirmed. The Dark Below is the only one that made it to trademark, but after weeks of speculation it disappeared after it was finished with it checks & multiple people found proof that a fake trademark doesn't just make it through its checks than just disappear unless the company asks to have it taken down.

Also Boulb is a god here & his creditability is very high & doesn't make mistakes like that.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

What Boub's source that The Dark Below is fake? Where does he get his info? As far as I know no one has accurately guessed anything so far in Cata, or Mists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    We have Therioes, but nothing is corfirmed, weither it is the The Dark Below, Rise of the Legion or Infinite.

Does are names that are flying around,

but nothing is 100% confirmed. The Dark Below is the only one that made it to trademark, but after weeks of speculation it disappeared after it was finished with it checks & multiple people found proof that a fake trademark doesn't just make it through its checks than just disappear unless the company asks to have it taken down.

Also Boulb is a god here & his creditability is very high & doesn't make mistakes like that.
    Well he may be right about the title Dark Below but I'm still betting on a Dark Below theme/expansion like thingie.

Warrior-Magi

Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.
    You're absolutely wrong Boubouille. Don't shatter my dreams

10+ Year Old Account
    Boulb you just don't make mistakes like that either way if it isn't named anymore TBD or not. You jumped the gun & there is a reason why. Because within 24 hours we had 2 trademarks. "The Dark Below", "Reaper of Souls" & The 3 obvious fakes used as red herrings.

I honestly believe the hoax is anyone can make a Trademark. I will never forget the Cataclysm masks incident

I still believe I will get my Queen Azshara / N'Zoth Expansion.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-27 at 05:49 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, they weren't. I remember when the leak happened, it was thought Azshara would be involved and not Deathwing.
    You aren't remembering correctly.

Azeroth is changed completely. Some zones are completely destroyed, some are shattered, some are flooded (Thousand Needles), some are ripped in half. Coastlines the world over are changed. Durotar is wrecked, along with Orgrimmar, which is torn in two. A new orc city is rebuilt over the course of the expansion. Gnomes retake Gnomeregan in an instance.

Malfurion comes back and helps activate the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall. Thrall hands over leadership of Horde to Garrosh Hellscream while Thrall serves as a coordinator for both Horde and Alliance forces and players to combat the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Garrosh declares open war on the Alliance, and you can expect more Wintergrasp like areas on the old map. Due to some political manipulations, Cairne Bloodhoof gets painted as a betrayer and is murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son takes over as Tauren chief.

For Worgen, the Cataclysm brings the Greymane wall down, revealing their secret -- that the worgen curse has ravaged the kingdom. They've managed to find a cure that keeps their human mind permanently but also keeps them in their worgen form. Seeing that they can no longer survive alone, the worgen residents of Gilneas rejoin the Alliance.

As for Goblins, Deathwing calls on the goblins as slaves like he has in the past. Their leader decides to go with Deathwing and enslaves his people because there's no crossing Deathwing and surviving. Fortunately, a large group manages to escape and join the Horde, knowing that they can't go it alone. See the pattern here?

The level cap is 85. New landmasses include islands that are raised as a result of the cataclysm, underwater zones, and the newly-redone old-world zones. Flying mounts will be useable in Azeroth. Many old-world dungeons are changed completely.

Half the point of Cataclysm is to remake the old quest lines, eliminate redundancy and give an overall narrative to all players, whether level 1 or 80. At any particular vanilla area, you can expect to see reconstruction/relief efforts, or all out war between Horde and Alliance NPC's. Wailing Caverns is going to be completely redone into a lush green tropical area, as a result of the druids working their magic to prevent it from falling into lava.

Leveling from 80-85 will be a MUCH bigger deal. Initially in 2008, they considered not raising the level cap at all, as making those quests takes a lot of manpower away from raiding content. But they are trying to make the story so grand and sweeping that ding'ing will actually MEAN something and not just be something you do. An idea that was kicked around was making the tier gear go along with levels.

Expect a couple of underwater cities to be on the backs of giant sea turtles and whales.

Make no mistake, the Old God content is not done. Since Netharion and Azshara both have ties to Old Gods, it is now clear that the SERIES wide antagonists of WoW are the Old Gods.

As I said, the part about Cairne makes a lot of sense because in the latest PTR Patch, all the quests given by Cairne's son have been removed from the game and a new NPC has been created to take his place. Cairne's son is missing from the current version of the game. (You can find more information about this in Ahmo Thunderhorn - replacement for Baine Bloodhoof?)

Stay cautious about this one, only what I posted below should be 100% accurate.

World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is the next expansion for World of Warcraft. Dark and forgotten threats that have long stayed out of sight have finally arrived on our shores, unleashing a cataclysmic event upon Azeroth and now preparing more nefarius plans to take it back.

New Classes
    The expansion doesn't have any new class. Instead, Blizzard will offer more race and classes combinations to players, some of them have been datamined on the 3.2.2 Test Realms.

•Human Hunter
    •Orc Mage
    •Night Elf Mage
    •Dwarf Mage
    •Blood Elf Warrior
    •Dwarf Shaman
    •Undead Hunter
    •Tauren Paladin
    •Tauren Priest
    •Gnome Priest
    •Troll Druid

Level Cap
    The level cap in the next expansion will be slightly lower than expected this time around; 85.

This suggests Blizzard wants more room for expansions before hitting the level 100 cap. With less leveling to do (along with the revamped leveling listed below likely to increase the speed and ease of leveling), leveling a new race remains appealing for new and existing players alike.

New Races
    The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Goblins
    The Goblins have found themselves washed upon an island off the coast of The Barrens, their islands devastated by the cataclysm. As they strive to recover, they come across an Orc captured on an Alliance ship and rescue him. The Orc turns out to be none other than Thrall himself, and in return offers the Goblins a place within the Horde. These events are carried out in a quest line, allowing players to experience first-hand the reasons behind the Goblins' shift from neutrality.

It is unclear if the old Goblin locations such as Kezan and Undermine will be included in Cataclysm with the revelation of the Goblins' displacement.

Worgen
    The cataclysm has cracked open the Greymane Wall, finally revealing what has happened to the kingdom of Gilneas and its citizens. The Worgen have ventured forth from Gilneas and sought help from the Alliance, deciding to join them to combat the new threats of Cataclysm.

Gilneas will make extensive use of the phasing system (much like the Death Knight starting area), to show what happened while the kingdom was cut off from the rest of the world and lead up to present day.

Last but not least, Worgens will have two forms and will be able to morph between a human form and a worgen one. Players should be able to pick both appearances when they create their character.

New Content
    Cataclysm will be the first expansion not to introduce a new continent, instead making use of previously unreleased zones and revamping existing ones.

Classic Azeroth Revamp
    A cataclysmic event caused by Deathwing and Azshara will change the face of Azeroth as we know it. Most of the new content for Cataclysm will take the form of a revamped Azeroth, taking advantage of newer additions to WoW such as phasing and daily quests. Most of the quests and mobs in the classic zones will also be redesigned to make leveling less painful. Some zones will change drastically to fit this, e.g.,

•The Barrens will be split into two separate zones of two different level bands.
    •Azshara will become a low level (~10-20) zone.

Flying in Azeroth
    Part of the redesign of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is the introduction of flying to the two continents, allowing access to many new areas and quicker travelling across the large continents.

Unreleased Zones & Dungeons
    With the addition of flying mounts to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms and the redesign of many zones, most of the previously unreachable or incomplete zones will now be made available to players. This is where most of the new content from 80 to 85 will take place. Some of these are,

•Hyjal (present)
    •Gilneas - The Worgen starting Zone.
    •Uldum (Most likely as a dungeon)

Classic Dungeon Revamp
    Redesigning Onyxia's Lair in Patch 3.2.2 was just the first step. As most of the leveling will take place in revamped areas of Azeroth, so too will the dungeons, allowing players to use them to level from 80 to 85.

As far as I know, Ragnaros will also be back in this expansion.

Deathwing
    Deathwing the Destroyer / Neltharion the Earth-Warder will play a major role in Cataclysm. Having been driven mad by Old God whisperings and turning against his own kind only to be fail in his attempts, Deathwing has sunk into the shadows. While the Horde and the Alliance were busy fighting back the Burning Legion only to then be beset with the Scourge, he has been lurking and moving things into place. After Lady Sinestra's failed attempts to create a Twilight Dragonflight, he again retreated to Grim Batol and succeeded where she failed. With his results seen in the Obsidian Sanctum, he has finally created the supreme Dragonflight he sought and plans to unleash it upon the world. But what of the Old Gods' sway over him?

Azshara
    Queen Azshara will also play a major part in Cataclysm. Unknown to many mortal races, long forgotten by others, and believe to be dead by her own kind, she has not been dormant in depths of the Maelstrom. Having those around her transformed by the Old Gods into Naga after her failure in the War of the Ancients, she has become far more powerful and a greater threat than she once was. Not content with just Nazjatar and the depths of the sea, Azshara seeks to reclaim power and reign once again. With the true plan behind Lady Vashj's support of Illidan remaining a mystery we do not know what hand Azshara has yet played. The big question remains, is she now serving her "saviors", the Old Gods?

The Cataclysm
    I'm still not sure who is the true end boss of Cataclysm is, but the cataclysm appears to have been caused by attempts to incantation to summon extremely powerful beings using an ancient incantation by Deathwing and Azshara. They're both very powerful, but the cataclysm itself suggests something more powerful is behind it, perhaps their shared past of Old God influence?

The Cataclysm leak was incredibly accurate. Some things did not end up happening, such as Azshara's involvement, but it's probably safe to say that she WAS supposed to be involved in some manner at a certain point in development, with her appearance in Darkshore as the main opponent of Malfurion, as well as the entire Abyssal Maw raid that never came to be.