Thread: Smartphone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    Hi
    I saved up some money now and i would like to buy a smartphone , my first one at that , but i don't know what to get
    At this moment i am considering the samsung galaxy s4 but I don't know if i should buy it now or wait for the S5
    Do you guys have any suggestions (and please leave out Apple as i don't like them)
    Depends on how long you want to keep it. Also depending on when the Samsung Galaxy S5 is coming. I mean they will last quite a while. I bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 about 2-3 years ago and still using it. So if you feel you can be happy with an S4 then go ahead and buy it, but remember if you wait for S5 it will be a bit more expensive since they tend to be during release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nexus 5 is pretty badass and it's a lot cheaper than most high end phones. If the price isn't important I'd go with a Note 3 though.

I went from a galaxy s3 to an iphone 5s. Here's the difference:
    - the iphone never crashes.
    - the galaxy was ubercustomizable.
    - the screen on the galaxy was way too big for my hands
    - the iphone has longer battery life
    - the iphone is way faster on almost anything

In conclusion, the iphone 5s was the best choice for me. But, if you value customization, you should NOT buy anything that even reeks remotely of Apple. The screen on the iphone is also too small for some people, because they like a big-ass screen when watching videos. I don't use my phone for video watching, so that's not a problem for me.

Really, find out what's important for you. Combine those factors to create a pseudo-dreamphone and see which phone comes closest. Profit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    I went from a galaxy s3 to an iphone 5s. Here's the difference:
    - the iphone never crashes.
    - the galaxy was ubercustomizable.
    - the screen on the galaxy was way too big for my hands
    - the iphone has longer battery life
    - the iphone is way faster on almost anything
    Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.