Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    WPvP is a myth all it ever was was ganking people who were questing/leveling and feeling big about themselves. I also find it hilarious PVP players get mad that PvE players beat them in "WPvP" because they are in PvE gear and not PvP. uhh your in the world aka the ENVIRONMENT (the E in PvE) so why would they be using PvP gear when they are trying to do what their PvE gear is for.

    I ignore PvP as much as possible not my thing and im terrible at it, but there have been a few times on Timeless Isle where I've flagged myself on a rare by hittting another flagged player, I usually walk away in a "oops my bad" action if they insist on continuing I will fight back win or lose (I couldnt care less) I just respawn and carry on with my business.

    PvP has its place and its not in the open world and if WPvP happens it has never and will NEVER be fair so whether you are on the giving or receiving end just suck it up and move on.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    1,009
    Bad low level ability scaling (yes i'm looking at you Devouring Plague, Death Siphon and Arcane Shot) make for bad low level 1v1s .
    Also as said above ilvl scaling kinda killed world pvp .

  3. #23
    It is nonexistant at the moment. We had a fresh breath in 5.4 with censers; but now people have farmed their coins and everything is dead again.

    If I'd revive somehow wpvp, I'd of course made 3rd faction of outlaws or something like that. I really don't care about hordies; on the other side, the list of people I would like to kill from my faction contains more than 500 persons. Too bad censers are gone now, it was fun.

  4. #24
    What makes me kill them? I'm playing a multiplayer game, and they're my enemies in said game; why wouldn't I kill them? Especially considering they chose to roll on that server type, just like I did. If I found some glitch to where I could gank people on carebear servers, I probably wouldn't abuse it because those people chose to opt out of it. Regarding low levels, I don't think of them as separate from high levels. They're all players of the enemy faction, so I kill them. I won't camp them though, unless they've earned it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well a few ground rules ive always kept.

    No one 10 levels lower.
    No one on a boss / escort.
    No one whos having a 1v1.

    Other than that, if its red its dead. If im trashing someone I usually let them go about their business after a few deaths.
    One thing I cannot stand is someone or some people intervening in a 1v1 its the most annoying thing ever and it happens all the time on my realm. I understand wpvp is supposed to be unfair and unpredictable but seriously grinding Bloody Coins has came to make me absolutely fucking despise the horde on my realm. I try to keep it even and give my opponent a fair enough chance so that, should he have the skill, he can beat me. Their logic seems to be if they see someone being chivalrous (in a combat sense) they join in with about half a dozen of their buddies and here's the cherry on top - the most annoying part of being killed by 5+ people is that they /laugh at you. I mean seriously, you needed 5 people and you laugh?

    Or equally alliance attacking for no reason (bear in mind our server imbalance is like H:A 5:1). I never attack an alliance player unless they attack first, yet they feel the need to put me back a 10 min CD?

    On the topic of Pvp gear vs Pve gear, well lets just say the few times I come upon a 1v1 fight (no offence to the players) and the enemy has PvE gear on, they are more often than not ridiculously bad at fighting other players. They still have about 40 or more ilvl more than me and health pools ranging from 400k-1.1million compared to my 423k in pvp gear. The problem lies in resilience, they keep the 70% or so resil whilst also having all the gear benefits over us, fair enough we have pvp power but lets be honest now, what are the chances of you beating an equally skilled, 560ilvl destroy lock with 800k health?

    /rant
    Have faith in the light,
    And the strength of its weilders.

  6. #26
    I'll only attack players within 5 levels of me. Even then, if they came up behind me and passed up a chance to blindside me, I'll return the favour and not attack them first either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spargon View Post
    WPvP is a myth all it ever was was ganking people who were questing/leveling
    You say that like its a bad thing. Its a lot of fun more often then not.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire Cylom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    kuwait
    Posts
    397
    This is how it goes for me:
    Is he 90? yes
    Then proceed to the execution!
    What if he isn't 90?
    Instagib

    Hell sometimes me and my 2 friends if we found a group of alliance 4-5, it's switching to pvp gear and crushing them.

    Thats how I roll, kill them while you still can

    However I don't camp, especially gnome females, last time me and my 2 friends camped a gnome female priest I felt like rezzing her if I had the chance to do so and I told my friends to back off :l, I'm sensitive when it comes to gnomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What makes me kill them? I'm playing a multiplayer game, and they're my enemies in said game; why wouldn't I kill them? Especially considering they chose to roll on that server type, just like I did. If I found some glitch to where I could gank people on carebear servers, I probably wouldn't abuse it because those people chose to opt out of it. Regarding low levels, I don't think of them as separate from high levels. They're all players of the enemy faction, so I kill them. I won't camp them though, unless they've earned it.
    Basically this.
    Last edited by Cylom; 2013-10-26 at 11:55 PM.

    What can I say, I love Female Gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    People don't come back because the game is homogenized with no meaningful progression. Everyone is a winner, all your actions are irrelevant.

  8. #28
    I PvP on the Timeless Isle only to get the mount - I have the pet and I'll stop once I get the mount. Otherwise I find it pretty boring and only will fight back if attacked.

  9. #29
    I use to be more retaliatory. I started out minding my own business then you meet those players that attack or gank you for whatever reason.
    Then you remember those players and possibly their guild and kill onsight. It starts as a vendetta that extends to more and more players.

    Now though, I attack almost anyone unless they are playing a severely unerpowered class/spec.
    I usually focus on overpowered specs out of frustration. Yeah, if they're worth their salt I end up losing a lot but doesn't stop me from bothering them

  10. #30
    I've witnessed 2 WPVP battles that really looked like fun.

    Both occured waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in Vanilla.

    One was in Loch Modan (well, it made questing in the area impossible, but it was really cool to see two large groups of characters battling it out), the other started in Arathi Highlands and moved into Hillsbrad Foothills (I think those are the zone names, I haven't played in them for a long time).

    I've never seen any WPVP that looked even remotely interesting since, which is rather sad.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    im horde i dnt care what level the alliance is or in what situation they are dead cos if yo uwas the lowbie the ally would kill you i show no mercy to any alliance

  12. #32
    I world PvP with a code of honour.
    Rule #1 - fight only those of your level. Killing lowbies is not a show of skill, it just makes you look like a terribad player who cannot fight at his/her own level. If I see my own faction ganking lowbies, I challenge them to duels just to show how poor of players they are.
    Rule #2 - If a 1v1 is in progress, do not intervene, even if your faction is losing.
    Rule #3 - Never camp. Congratulations campers, you can kill an opponent starting at half health, great work, tell all your chums.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,017
    WTB Southshore vs. Tarren Mill goodness from the olde timey days.

  14. #34
    I think it's horrible, nearly pointless and a detriment to the community and atmosphere of the game. I play on a PVE server now and thankfully I've only ran into it maybe twice since then. (Once because I think I healed someone that was flagged? And the other was clicking on someone inside a rare on Timeless Isle.)
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.
    P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶W̶o̶D̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶d̶d̶e̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶g̶l̶a̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶z̶z̶i̶n̶o̶t̶h̶.̶
    RIP Sweet Prince...

  15. #35
    World PvP is the best thing ever. I'll never forget my first victim in the Alterac Mountains! There were elite ogres everywhere (vanila times) and we tried to reach some quest related boss or something. Adrenaline rush for half of an hour!
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-10-27 at 05:06 AM.

  16. #36
    world pvp is legitimized griefing- something that should only be possible on pvp servers. It goes without saying that I'm strongly against it, even moreso when there is any kind of overlap between types of content (timeless isle having a pvp-only currency?) or when the ability to trick or force-flag unwilling players is more readily abused (Timeless again- why should I need to watch my aoe on a PVE server?)

    Without a controlled environment and clear goal with rewards any "freeform" pvp will boil down to camping, lowbi murder.

    Because world pvp is for scumbags and animals
    Wrath baby and proud of it

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    world pvp is legitimized griefing- something that should only be possible on pvp servers. It goes without saying that I'm strongly against it, even moreso when there is any kind of overlap between types of content (timeless isle having a pvp-only currency?) or when the ability to trick or force-flag unwilling players is more readily abused (Timeless again- why should I need to watch my aoe on a PVE server?)

    Without a controlled environment and clear goal with rewards any "freeform" pvp will boil down to camping, lowbi murder.

    Because world pvp is for scumbags and animals
    Actually it's for people who aren't wimps. It's a war game. If you don't want to partake in war, go play the Sims.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Actually it's for people who aren't wimps. It's a war game. If you don't want to partake in war, go play the Sims.
    Actually it is for wimps, who look at attacking and killing lowbies and people at half-life as heroic and competitive.
    The kind of people who have nothing better to do than killing questgivers in levelling-areas so people cant progress.
    Weak-minded people who attack single persons in groups and spam childish /spit /rude-macros and camp corpses.

    The same kind of people who come on these forums and QQ about being killed by someone in PVE-gear in PVE-environments.

    Thats my view of most people who thinks they "WPVP" but actually camps Hellfire Peninsula griefing lowbies, something is wrong in their heads.

    "If its red its dead"

    "I dont care who you are if you in my way I kill you"

    There is something severly wrong with people with that attitude.
    Last edited by Trollfaced; 2013-10-27 at 08:29 AM.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Actually it is for wimps, who look at attacking and killing lowbies and people at half-life as heroic and competitive.
    The kind of people who have nothing better to do than killing questgivers in levelling-areas so people cant progress.
    Weak-minded people who attack single persons in groups and spam childish /spit /rude-macros and camp corpses.

    Thats my view of most people who thinks they "WPVP" but actually camps Hellfire Peninsula griefing lowbies, something is wrong in their heads.
    I don't believe people go out of their way to ONLY fight low levels. I think that's just an excuse people come up with to say the person doing it must be unskilled. Personally, I'll kill anyone of the other faction I see, regardless of level. That doesn't make me weak minded in any way, or even mean. It's a war game, and they're the enemy, so I'm in the right to attack them.

  20. #40
    I don't care who you are. If you're in my way I'm killing you and that's for sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •