Thread: Realm Mergers?

  1. #1

    Realm Mergers?

    Will medium population servers be merged with others?

    Ok I am on Cenarion Circle that is supposed to be at a medium level population.

    However since the server is one of the older severs, it seems as though the vast majority of that population are inactive accounts/toons.

    Often I feel as though I am playing on a low population server, and as I have 8 level 90s I don't want to spend that kind of money to xfer.

  2. #2
    They are not doing realm mergers because that looks bad.

    Instead they are connecting realms together. They have been connecting realms slowly since 5.4 came out, they're even going to connect 5 different realms together. Your realm may get connected, only time will tell.

    You can see already connected realms, and currently planned ones at
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...realms-update/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They are not doing realm mergers because that looks bad.

    Instead they are connecting realms together. They have been connecting realms slowly since 5.4 came out, they're even going to connect 5 different realms together. Your realm may get connected, only time will tell.

    You can see already connected realms, and currently planned ones at
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...realms-update/
    Thanks the the info and response.

    I sure hope CC gets connected to some other realms...

    Or maybe blizz can offer acct xfers for a set amount

  4. #4
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    16,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I sure hope CC gets connected to some other realms...
    It may take a while but I imagine that most of the RP servers not named Moonguard will end up connected to one another.

    Discussing moderation is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Send a PM if that's not clear. Don't put it in a thread.
    Please report problem posts instead of responding to them.
    Forum FAQ. Read it.
    Post about the topic, not about one another.

    Treat me like anyone else unless you're breaking rules or we need to do site business. I play. I have likes and dislikes. We're not that different.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    22,999
    Depending on how Connections work out, Blizz may connect a few smaller medium-pop servers into low-pop servers to further alleviate population issues.
    As long as players are happy and enjoy the game, the team doesn't mind extreme peaks and valleys. They just want to ensure you have a great experience and feel like you got your money's worth.
    If you truly believe that, Blizzard, show me you mean it. Because WoD didn't show me.

  6. #6
    Elemental Lord Valyrian the Eternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    On Draenor
    Posts
    8,001
    They aren't merging; they're simply networking certain realms so you can cross realm with more people.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Travio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canuckistan
    Posts
    1,315
    The intent is that, eventually, all realms feel like high population realms.

  8. #8
    Old God Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    10,715
    Its connecting to servers together without the actual merge, so the servers still exist, but its like a permanant CRZ.

    You are not forced to your change name or guild name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    TL;DR: Did raiding kill WoW? Nope. But catering the game to people who clearly shouldn't be playing it did.
    Legion Expansion Release Date: Feb 2016

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It may take a while but I imagine that most of the RP servers not named Moonguard will end up connected to one another.

    I hope your right on both accounts..... Moonguard bothers me...

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Pejo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    C eh N eh D eh
    Posts
    1,395
    As Moana stated, expect all RP realms of their type except possibly moonguard or umm Wyrmrest to get connected. As technology improves/populations decline, it's possible more realms will be merged.

  11. #11
    Medium realms also need mergers.

    My dead server, Eldre'thalas, shows up as medium population.

    It is an old server that has seen amazing days in vanilla and TBC, even WotLK with several guilds competing for server firsts and such.

    I can tell you now it is dead. Out of more than twenty 25-man guilds, only one is left alive. All others disbanded due to lack of recruitment, transferred to high pop realms, devolved to 10-mans and then disbanded, moved to other MMOs, etc.

    Even 10-man scene is pretty dead.

    It is a world with few people lurking in SW and doing LFD. Nothing is going on. Dead Dead Dead.

    Yet, it is medium pop. Go figure.

  12. #12
    Let's be serious, these are server mergers, however they choose to dress up the terminology.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They are not doing realm mergers because that looks bad.
    That's not why they're not doing the conventional merger. Quit spreading FUD.

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Travio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canuckistan
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Medium realms also need mergers.
    As I said earlier, the intention is to connect realms until all realms feel like high population realms, but with leaving room for more people to join those servers in the future.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AFK in Lunarfall
    Posts
    4,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Will medium population servers be merged with others?

    Ok I am on Cenarion Circle that is supposed to be at a medium level population.

    However since the server is one of the older severs, it seems as though the vast majority of that population are inactive accounts/toons.

    Often I feel as though I am playing on a low population server, and as I have 8 level 90s I don't want to spend that kind of money to xfer.
    I was on Cenarion Circle a few days ago. Transferred. Was gonna wait for CRs but it decided to take a million years.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowcrendor View Post
    lawlz, I like ur sig
    Does this make me internet famous?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Medium realms also need mergers.

    My dead server, Eldre'thalas, shows up as medium population.

    It is an old server that has seen amazing days in vanilla and TBC, even WotLK with several guilds competing for server firsts and such.

    I can tell you now it is dead. Out of more than twenty 25-man guilds, only one is left alive. All others disbanded due to lack of recruitment, transferred to high pop realms, devolved to 10-mans and then disbanded, moved to other MMOs, etc.

    Even 10-man scene is pretty dead.

    It is a world with few people lurking in SW and doing LFD. Nothing is going on. Dead Dead Dead.

    Yet, it is medium pop. Go figure.
    Yeah that is pretty much what Cenarion Circle feels like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I was on Cenarion Circle a few days ago. Transferred. Was gonna wait for CRs but it decided to take a million years.
    Yeah I may just have to bite the bullet and pay to xfer out...

  17. #17
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    16,267
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I was on Cenarion Circle a few days ago. Transferred. Was gonna wait for CRs but it decided to take a million years.
    I feel your pain. I have most of my existing alts and my main split between Cenarion Circle and Thorium Brotherhood. Deeply hoping that those two will get married up at some point.

    For what it's worth, the pace seems to be picking up a bit on the connected realm front. If I had to make an uninformed guess I'd say their target date to complete the first pass with all realms will be a bit before the end of the expansion (because that's how big companies think). Then just adding stuff on as they see a need. My guild situation is OK and I'm not in a place where I'm anxiously not doing something for lack of people so I'll probably just wait it out before spending any money on consolidation.

    Discussing moderation is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Send a PM if that's not clear. Don't put it in a thread.
    Please report problem posts instead of responding to them.
    Forum FAQ. Read it.
    Post about the topic, not about one another.

    Treat me like anyone else unless you're breaking rules or we need to do site business. I play. I have likes and dislikes. We're not that different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •