Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its the only pvp i like in wow since wintergrasp is defunct.

But theres two kinds of world pvp.
    1: running into another player, you are both flagged and you both decide not to creep past but to engage each other. Or you catch someone flagged trying to grief others.
    2: you are the dickhead griefing others.

I love the first, hate the second. But its still more 'mmo' pvp than porting into an instanced bowl to steamroll or be steamrolled by the OP flavour of the month for points for slightly better gear to aid in said primary cc and stunlocking for honour points grind bgs are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Its people like you that makes proper PvPers look bad with that attitude, yet you come to our environment (yes the e in pve is for environment) and complain that youre not beating us with your PvP (minigame for arenas and battlegrounds)gear. Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound? Just go back to the environment PvP is meant for (bgs, arenas) and win there instead.
    Except by the time we're given the option to kill others, it starts to be a wPvP-environment, as in WORLD PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER; NOT PvE, which most of the times is interpreted as being you vs monsters, rather than a whole gigantic open zone versus monsters.
    It's also you who make proper PvEers look bad with your attitude of PvP being a "minigame". PvP is NOT a freaking minigame. The PvP gear we acquire is meant to be used in place of PvE gear so that we can fight those who use PvE gear with an advantage.

Deleted
    No the PvPgear is primarly meant to be used in PvP = Battlegrounds and Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    No the PvPgear is primarly meant to be used in PvP = Battlegrounds and Arenas.
    I didn't know pvp = arenas and bgs. By this logic, pve = raids and dungeons.

If it involves a fight against another player, no matter where it takes place, it's fucking pvp.

Deleted
    Its world-pvp yeah, thats not to confuse with the gated "true" pvp.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if it's red, it's dead.

I won't camp low levels or undergeared people but I'll kill them once and move on.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    World pvp became worse with MoP, especially with SoO. I mean committed pvp players (who don't raid at all) run around in 522 gear MAX. There is no chance at all that pvp players can compete with pve players in world pvp, because their avg gear will be 40 ilvls higher than the avg pvp players gear. I know that world pvp is inherently unbalanced, but it has never been in a situation like this where pve players completely destroy pvp players. Pvp and pve gear should be obtainable on the same ilvl ranges and while pve gear scales down in instanced pvp, pvp gear should scale down in instanced pve.

Best plan is to make a mental note of the griefers/troublemakers and specifically target them, and now that you can do the whole ordon thing we aren't limited only to the other faction. There are many players in both factions that make themselves targets by doing obnoxious things like luring mobs into town to kill their own faction or trolling general chat for extreme lengths of time. I hope in the future they continue to make mechanisms through which you can attack your own faction so that there is an avenue for delivering some small amount of justice to these 'toxic' persons.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I'm on a PvE server so only those who choose to pvp can be attacked.

If it's red its dead. If someone is messing about in a horde area (I play horde), or they are significantly low level I will give them a warning first to clear off. If not they will die, repeatedly, until they go. I was so confused being ported to a pvp realm on timeless isle once, with so many red name tags. Had a field day.

Oh and I'll happily intervene in 1v1's unless I have a reason to not help the horde guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I love world pvp. its the thrill of the hunt finding your prey and doing whatever means necessary to kill your prey for me red is almost always dead, unless i start playing with my food, then its red = dead in like a few minutes.

i love ganking i love being ganked, i love fighting other people and owning and getting owned.

i personally love random 1v1 encounters in the wild but i will join in on others cause fuck everyone else and straight up brawls are TO DIE FOR :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Question might be phrased badly, so a follow-up question would be: "What makes you kill another player in-game?".

We all encounter other players while doing things, some prefer to play friendly or just stick to what they are doing, others go out of their way to kill every player of the opposing faction they encounter. I find it interesting because there's different ways of approaching it. I don't consider this a "do you like world pvp or not?"-kind of question, but rather a scale and where each person draws their line.

Me personally, I consider myself a very friendly player. I might have started fights back in the early days of WoW, but for the last couple of years I stick to my stuff, I don't kill alliance-players I come across, because I have no reason to do so. And if I did, it would just be a waste of time, and I might get revenge coming my way (which would slow me down even more) if I chose to start a fight.

Despite this, like all players I've had my fair share of frustration when being attacked by other players. Usually this comes in tough situations, like me being on a low level alt and getting killed by a 90, or getting jumped by 2-3 players while being alone. When I feel attacked, and when other people start doing shit towards me, that's where my line goes. You could say that I will go out of my way to make that person's life a living hell, which in some situations consists of me corpsecamping them for 40 minutes because they killed me once, without any reason.

As for situations like someone tagging a rare-mob or stealing a mine/herb in front of my nose, I let that slide. If it's a rare-mob I will even help the other player kill it, because I know myself how frustrated I would be if I was killed in that situation. As for other people being killed/ganked, I don't really get involved unless several people witness to being ganked without a reason. If I see an alliance-player attack a horde-player, the horde-player might have started it, so I just don't care enough to help.

I don't want this to become a "world pvp is annoying" or a thread for whining, I'm just really curious how you view world pvp and what ticks you off. Do you just attack everyone when you have the chance, or do you prefer leaving them alone? I have a friend who has a logic that goes: "kill them before they kill you", and that's another approach I've seen with some people.

/Tired, hopefully the post wasn't too sloppy.
    The ONLY time that I will flag and kill someone in PVP is when they are being an idiot running around flagged in an uncontested area trying to sucker others into getting killed by the guards. I can handle the guards whereas the twerp running around trying to sucker people generally cannot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Berserker Stance: as in I see it and I jump in, arms flailing.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I don't ever gank low levels, as simple as that. I cba to kill other 90's unless it's for a purpose, or if someone's been pissing me off

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Except by the time we're given the option to kill others, it starts to be a wPvP-environment, as in WORLD PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER; NOT PvE, which most of the times is interpreted as being you vs monsters, rather than a whole gigantic open zone versus monsters.
    It's also you who make proper PvEers look bad with your attitude of PvP being a "minigame". PvP is NOT a freaking minigame. The PvP gear we acquire is meant to be used in place of PvE gear so that we can fight those who use PvE gear with an advantage.
    In case you don't get it pvp gear is the specialized one, blizzard never say that pvp gear is designed for wpvp and if they want a specific type of gear be the one for it they would have put it in a vendor and let you loot mark from corpse like it was in halaa or hellfire peninsula, since this is not the case you are the one wearing the wrong gear in wpvp.
    Basically you are going out friday night with your school uniform and then blame the other for wearing casual cloths.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent world PvP died with flying mounts, all you will see now is the occasion gank in lowbie questing areas, or a few high level players clashing in a common questing area until one gets on their flying mount and runs away.

I don't bother to attack someone unless they attack me first. After they die, I'll go back to doing what I was doing while I wait for them to rez so I can kill them again for wasting my time.

It's quite boring at this point, I just see world pvp as a waste of time for the most part.

Red is dead no matter the level, no matter the circumstance. I usually won't continuously kill low levels but if I'm bored I'll camp a 90 all night.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the best way to describe my pvp stance is as an aggressive scrapper, I like to think I'm somewhat fair though.

What I mean by fair is that I don't hunt lowbies, they're just not worth my time and quite frankly there's no point in killing them. I'll get a chuckle sure, but it's not substantially entertaining enough for me to justify wasting my time hunting them. That said, I will kill any lowbies who cross my path and I don't have to go out of my way to kill. killing people who are my level or better geared is more of the thrill I seek. When I kill someone with a legendary cloak it assures me that while pve should have the advantage in the world, gear is no match for a skilled player.

I won't lie and say I'm noble/honorable - that I won't attack if they're fighting mobs. Frankly I don't care what HP they're starting with, the less they have the better. I do not hesitate to utilize many dirty tactics to kill people on timeless islands. for example, if I see they're going to get hit by one of the Yongol flame cleave things I will shiv (paralytic root) them and let that finish the job. I don't want mercy, and if you give it to me it does not mean I will recipricate it. If you have the chance to kill me while I'm fighting, you had better take it because the moment I am finished I'm coming for you whether you're ready or not.

As far as outnumbering goes, I tend to hunt alone. I play a rogue, which is by far the best class for world pvp and general shenanigans, but my buddies I frequent with are a warrior and a DK/Lock. I can't have those guys cramping my style, if ya know what I mean. I like stalking my prey and getting them at a more optimal time. (when he is alone, etc.) Those guys just alert them to the immanent danger that lurks behind them. Besides, Gank groups make you soft in my opinion. On my shaman I use to hunt solo but then i got in the habit of having my 2 buddies and I found myself getting anxious when I was alone, that is why I dusted off my rogue and got back into hunting solo with him - its definitely easier to be alone as a rogue... and now I am back into my groove I hunt solo with the Censure and pick fights 1v2+, I even win some of them

I don't really like the idea of blood coin raids, they seem cowardly to me and frankly... I do better on my own. Of course, that's something that is much easier to accomplish when you can hide and appear only when you're ready, I don't deny that is one aspect of the class I love most. I get that theres definitely saftey in numbers, but going 5+ vers one guy who's just trying to get to houlon... I dunno, I just think less of them. That said, I don't deny help when is around and I am much more bold when I see another blood coin farmer or raid. I Won't join them but I will jump into their fights and snake a few kills. The only time I Blood coin hunt with a group is when it is my 2 buddies i mentioned before or if my guild is running a group.

Oh, and I'm always positive and a delight to talk to . I Don't really believe in raging at people over a game and when people wanna trash talk me I try not to egg them on or stoop down to their level. I guess it's all about how you look at it. I mean, if it takes 5 people to finally catch/kill you you could log over and be the standard wow player, "you suck, it took 5 of you to kill me you pussy lolololololol" which reads to me as "QQ I'm upset that I died".... or you could simply take it as a testament to you're own power/skill and be like, "well shit, it took that many to take me down... I must be pretty good". In fact, the only time I ever logged over to an alt to send a tell to someone who beat me was to give props to another rogue and ask about how he did certain things to me. I was polite and he was helpful... funny how things work out like that, eh?

I think World PvP is great for two reasons:

1. To test your might, skills and awareness factor in an unfair environment. What this means is you can sharpen your skills because you're being subjected to unfair terms and it can happen any time, either started by you or someone ambushing you.

2. It's REALLY fun. Although this one is subjective, it's the fact that we have controlled PvP environments via Arenas and BGs, and the random open world aspect of the game is a different way to experience PvP. I remember swooping in on my Destro Lock in Wrath just to murder some players for kicks, and then my escapades ended up turning into a 10 v 9 right in the middle of the Sons of Hodir questing hub for like 2 hours. SOOOO fun.

Because World PvP isn't the only option to PvP, it's completely fine imo. When the old cliche "Losing is never fun" comes up, I always have to disagree, because it's more complex than that. Losing can make you better.
    Last edited by LTCrystallite; 2013-10-28 at 12:57 AM.
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    world pvp is legitimized griefing- something that should only be possible on pvp servers. It goes without saying that I'm strongly against it, even moreso when there is any kind of overlap between types of content (timeless isle having a pvp-only currency?) or when the ability to trick or force-flag unwilling players is more readily abused (Timeless again- why should I need to watch my aoe on a PVE server?)
    Without a controlled environment and clear goal with rewards any "freeform" pvp will boil down to camping, lowbi murder.
    Why would there be lowbies on the Timeless Isle?
    And historically some of the best spontaneous pvp has happened in pve areas. Outside raidzone portals, near popular farming spots, max level daily quest areas etc. Because that's where people need to go anyway. Great fun on a pvp server, provided faction balance is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I play on pve server, i consider pvp in wow a minigame and i consider world pvp even less, whats the point on doing it? It doesn't effect the story, it doesn't effect the one you kill, it's doesn't effect your character.
    Its a fun way to test your skills against a similar level character. Especially when leveling, when there's generally little opportunity to try out your fancier skills on the laughably easy quest mobs.