Prot paladin gearing - Shields

Morning all,

I am finally getting back to playing my paladin as prot which i havent done all xpac

I am getting gear left right and centre except for shields.

I am still stuck with a heroic blue and no matter how many times i run LFR (just to get gear) i cant get a shield to drop from anyone at all.

I was just wondering if i can use one of the PVP shields as a stop gap until i actually get one to drop from anywhere (aiming for Flex/normal raids when my guild gets a group)

Or any other options out there instead of waiting for the RNG gods to be nice?

Thanks

Deleted
    My bet would be just continue with the hc blue shield, you should be fine for LFR with that. Depending on how the rest of your gear looks, I'd try to find a pug for one of the earlier raids to get more shots at a shield. Kinda sucks that you can craft weapons all day long, but no shields at all

I'd grab a pvp shield, reforge that crit to haste and enjoy the extra armor and stamina.

There is a crafted level 476 pvp shield available as well as an epic shield from Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle. However, I believe the ilvl 498 pvp shields are available for honor which you could easily grind up in a day or so I think. The crit won't help you, but the mastery is at least useful.

Which LFR have you been going to, by the way? Or have you been hitting MV and ToT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a shield drop in any sort of raid with my paladin AND my warrior until I had killed lei shen normal (~15 weeks after release of 5.2), including extra rolls. one ID after that I rolled tortos' shield. same ID, primordius dropped his. again, in the same ID (second kill then) lei shen dropped his.

and yes, I was raiding T14 content from the beginning to the end.

soooo... yeah, go for that 476 PVP one and continue praying to the RNG gods.

Ilvl i just about the only thing that counts on shield due to how it affects the massive amount of armor you get from it - especially since the stats on a shield are really low (=> armor gain completely dwarfs it). And well... due to how strong armor is the shield is one of the most important gear slots to upgrade.

Deleted
    Whichever has the highest ilvl will be the one you want. The armor beats stats on shields 90% of the time!

Thanks for all the replies guys - got a LFR MV drop so ill see how that goes at the moment and probably look to get something better next reset