10+ Year Old Account

Pokemon cards! ...oh the SMELL!

I don't know the average age on this forum, but I grew up during the Pokemon card fad. I recently had an original box given to me (box not just a pack). The smell... oh the smell, it's so unique. No Charizard

Someone here has to understand me. Base set shadowless cards just have that... SMELL! Okay, I'm a FREAK! I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    OT: I think it's disgusting as hell to spit so ofc I always swallow. Spitters are quitters, after all.

Deleted
    Oh then you wouldn't mind me posting this

Keep in mind that the guy who opened those packs is a dude who opens card packs of SEVERAL TCGs for a LIVING. I would totally sh1t my pants if I got that kind of card in a pack, even though I haven't bought one since I was like 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Oh then you wouldn't mind me posting this

Keep in mind that the guy who opened those packs is a dude who opens card packs of SEVERAL TCGs for a LIVING. I would totally sh1t my pants if I got that kind of card in a pack, even though I haven't bought one since I was like 7.
    SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS! ...yes. I have never pulled a Charizard

I think that Pikachu is actually worth more than the Charizard he pulled lol.
    OT: I think it's disgusting as hell to spit so ofc I always swallow. Spitters are quitters, after all.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit too old for the Pokemon cards. A few years before that though Basketball cards were all the rage! Man I loved that smell!

I still can remember the smell of Footy (Australia Rules Football) cards. They would could with a stick of gum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I was a bit too old for the Pokemon cards. A few years before that though Basketball cards were all the rage! Man I loved that smell!

I still can remember the smell of Footy (Australia Rules Football) cards. They would could with a stick of gum.
    It's just something about opening a pack of those old cards. I really don't even know what it is but it's addicting as hell.

I got my first pack for my birthday like 15 years ago from a mate, FIRST pack and it had a Charizard. Ended up selling it for around $100 by itself when I sold my whole collection...kinda wish I kept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a holographic charizard sitting in a protective case I stole from my uncles Baseball card collection. Saving it forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I've got a holographic charizard sitting in a protective case I stole from my uncles Baseball card collection. Saving it forever.
    check to see if it has a shadow on the right side of the picture. if it doesn't it's still worth about $100. if it does, maybe $40. they didn't keep value that well sadly. 1st edition are still worth 2-500$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    check to see if it has a shadow on the right side of the picture. if it doesn't it's still worth about $100. if it does, maybe $40. they didn't keep value that well sadly. 1st edition are still worth 2-500$.
    Yeah I wish it was shadowless. I'll take it though, eventually it'll be like a holy grail.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only I could find that book with my original base set Pokemon cards with a 1st Edition shadowless Charizard ( no joke ) with like 30 other first editions. I lost interest 3 years later and had my parents store the book somewhere.

Awesome video.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality