Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is Askmrrobot full of shit?

    After putting in my personal stat weights (558, 4pc, cd reduction & thok trinkets) it's wanting me to drop 6.5% crit and a little mastery for 11% haste. It doesn't seem useful at all since I don't get to spend all my runes most of the time with AMS soaking & plague leech

  2. #2
    I have a strong feeling AMR isn't taking that extra RP gain into consideration when telling you to pick up haste. I noticed I have almost unlimited RP at all times since 5.4 and can no longer justify purposely taking any haste.

  3. #3
    What were the stat weights?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    What were the stat weights?

    Str 7.16

    AP 2.74

    Exp 8.81

    Hit 8.57

    Crit 3.43

    Haste 3.36

    Mastery 4.16
    Last edited by Skillslam; 2013-10-27 at 06:33 AM.

  5. #5
    I may be wrong but I stopped taking advice from AMR when it began to tell me to go 1-2% under the hit cap on several of my characters.

  6. #6
    armory?

    my experience with askmrrobot has been positive.

    usually people just don't understand it.

    occasionally it is wrong.

    fyi, they have a forum where they respond to issues pretty regularly.

    http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?board=4.0

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    I may be wrong but I stopped taking advice from AMR when it began to tell me to go 1-2% under the hit cap on several of my characters.
    Askmrrobot gave in a long time ago (looks like about a year ago) and added a feature to force the exact hit cap.

    This isn't optimal, which is why they don't do it by default.

    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/11/h...bout-hit-caps/
    Last edited by potatoe; 2013-10-27 at 05:13 PM.

  7. #7
    I don't understand why MrRobot doesn't autofill the stats weights according to your spec while Shadowcraft does it very well for rogues ?!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    I don't understand why MrRobot doesn't autofill the stats weights according to your spec while Shadowcraft does it very well for rogues ?!
    At least with Death Knights that would be horrible because we go through a lot of changing of stats with their prioreties based upon our current gear. Every piece or so I usually have to look into how much of a gain switching my stats around (again) would be.


    Did you set a haste cap value as well? My haste weight is lower then crit yet unless you set the value the robot wanted me to go for haste

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,741
    you have to figure out YOUR specific stat weights. You aren't using it correctly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    I don't understand why MrRobot doesn't autofill the stats weights according to your spec while Shadowcraft does it very well for rogues ?!
    it does, just not for each individual person, which is the only stat weight(s) that matter. if you enter a math problem incorrectly into a calculator, it's your own fault.

  10. #10
    Use simulcraft for custom stat weights. Using the preset values won't get you far.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Str 7.16

    AP 2.74

    Exp 8.81

    Hit 8.57

    Crit 3.43

    Haste 3.36

    Mastery 4.16
    Did you have it set to give you some minimum amount of haste? It shouldn't have made you go for haste, at all. Doesn't make sense.

    I've never had any issues with AMR blatantly reforging for your worst stat. There is something else going on here.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Did you have it set to give you some minimum amount of haste? It shouldn't have made you go for haste, at all. Doesn't make sense.

    I've never had any issues with AMR blatantly reforging for your worst stat. There is something else going on here.
    I have. Even WITH custom stat weights it wanted me to refroge crit->haste. And that was with crit>haste for value.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    I may be wrong but I stopped taking advice from AMR when it began to tell me to go 1-2% under the hit cap on several of my characters.
    i stopped listening to that when it told me to gem experties on my ret pala, enhancement shammy and my DESTRO LOCK

  14. #14
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,788
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i stopped listening to that when it told me to gem expertise on my ret pala, enhancement shammy and my DESTRO LOCK
    you realize that expertise shares a 1:1 Ratio with hit and that it opens up combinations such as orange hit+Secondary stat for socket bonuses ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you realize that expertise shares a 1:1 Ratio with hit and that it opens up combinations such as orange hit+Secondary stat for socket bonuses ?
    With spell hit, yes. If it was 1:1 with standard hit, a typical melee could just get 7.5 expertise and 0 real hit but yet still be capped on both. But yes, expertise on a destro lock is completely fine. These are the kinds of things that indicate to me a lack of understanding in many people that use AMR.

    Which is why I remain skeptical to those that are getting completely the opposite results of what they "wanted". I've used it on multiple different characters all with varying stat weights and settings and I've never had any issue. There are a lot of people using the site and the developers are active. These kinds of bugs would get squashed very fast - which leaves user error. Something very common for software developers to deal with. If you get incorrect results, post your armory/AMR setup/screenshots of AMR page/etc. here or to the AMR people, and I would bet we or they could get it sorted out quite quickly.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    With spell hit, yes. If it was 1:1 with standard hit, a typical melee could just get 7.5 expertise and 0 real hit but yet still be capped on both. But yes, expertise on a destro lock is completely fine. These are the kinds of things that indicate to me a lack of understanding in many people that use AMR.

    Which is why I remain skeptical to those that are getting completely the opposite results of what they "wanted". I've used it on multiple different characters all with varying stat weights and settings and I've never had any issue. There are a lot of people using the site and the developers are active. These kinds of bugs would get squashed very fast - which leaves user error. Something very common for software developers to deal with. If you get incorrect results, post your armory/AMR setup/screenshots of AMR page/etc. here or to the AMR people, and I would bet we or they could get it sorted out quite quickly.
    AMR is awesome....but its only as good as the data you give it.....the default settings on AMR have to be something that can work for a lot of people, but not necessarily you. But if you tell it what you want , it will give you a near perfrct setup every time.

    As far as the hit cap issue, AMR is actually RIGHT in putting you under when it does. If you have a choice between being .2% under or .4% over....the under is correct. Cap doesnt mean that you HAVE to hit it
    Kengos-Frost/Blood DK:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...engos/advanced
    Genndori-Ele/Resto Shaman:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndori/advanced
    Battletag-Genndori#1959

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    After putting in my personal stat weights (558, 4pc, cd reduction & thok trinkets) it's wanting me to drop 6.5% crit and a little mastery for 11% haste. It doesn't seem useful at all since I don't get to spend all my runes most of the time with AMS soaking & plague leech
    6.5% crit + minimal mastery is still less than 11% haste is all. It's not like you are trading 11% crit to get that 11% haste. 11% haste is worth about 9% crit or so with the stat weights so unless the drop in mastery is greater than the difference, its an upgrade.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    I may be wrong but I stopped taking advice from AMR when it began to tell me to go 1-2% under the hit cap on several of my characters.
    They explain it so many times but people still don't get it. The hit cap is not some magic number you have to hit that makes your DPS super awesome and without it you're super terrible. If in exchange for 1% you have to sacrifice a tremendous amount of other stats, it makes the calculation for you that it's not worth it. What you gain in 1% hit is not worth what you lose to achieve it. If you still think that your personal opinion on what's best is better than math, then it gives you the option to force a hit cap, even though it warns you that will not be the optimal configuration.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i stopped listening to that when it told me to gem experties on my ret pala, enhancement shammy and my DESTRO LOCK
    You should go back to listening to AMR.
    Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): The Spell Hit formula has been modified. Expertise now gives an equal amount Spell Hit rating to caster classes. Additionally, the hit cap has been reduced to 15%, down from 17%.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    After putting in my personal stat weights (558, 4pc, cd reduction & thok trinkets) it's wanting me to drop 6.5% crit and a little mastery for 11% haste. It doesn't seem useful at all since I don't get to spend all my runes most of the time with AMS soaking & plague leech
    Your Crit stat weight is 3.43. Your Haste stat weight is 3.36. Almost identical. What makes you think that 6.5% crit is better than 11% haste? Less is not more. Unless you really are GCD capped. That might be a playstyle issue and AMR is either not accounting for your slower than normal finger speed or better than average rp generation.

  19. #19
    It tells you this because your stat weights for Crit and Haste are so close. Thok's trinket amplifies your haste rating and not your crit rating. 10k Crit rating becomes 10.9k haste rating. With your weights it is an increase in dps to do that.

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Europe...
    Posts
    144
    Askmrrobot is a calculator. If you put wrong numbers it will produce wrong numbers.

    Default settings are good for the purpose they write(there is a text under every default setting, explaining what is for). And usually good for people that do normals and thats all.

    If you want 100% of your character, do simulationcraft, find your own numbers, your caps, and check other profiles too.
    Askmrrobot is the best CALCULATOR out there and with a gearing tactic it will produce the best results

    - - - Updated - - -

    btw i expect a moderatior edit on the title

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •