Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Bloodsail Admiral Annarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,015
    Lol I won on both of my first attempts in LFR PvE gear. Horde-World Problems, right? I feel for you though, took me like 3 years to get those children's week bg achievements.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The maths was done, even if its 25% then chances of losing 60 in a row are about 1 in a billion. Keep trying to prove yourself right and refute reality.
    But if the chance of winning is 5% then the probability of 60 losses is 4.6%.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, the math was done, using the number you pulled out of your arse. It's interesting that you think we should give this calculation any weight.
    Actually 50% would be the natural baseline assumption, so if you don't believe it the burden of proof is on you.

    What's the highest expectation of OP's probability to win a given BG you're willing to accept then? I'll use that to calculate the odds of losing 60 in a row and doubtless still come up with a number that makes his story unbelievable. Bonus points if you strain yourself and actually come up with a reason for your number. Or do you even have one?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Same here, OP. They made the chain more convenient and easier to get it but it is all so BORING for me! Every step of the way is mindnumbingly boring.

    I hated Timeless Isle. I hated LFR. Flex is meh.

    There's just so many unlikeable qualities about this expansion. I really hope they shake things up for the next one. The only thing I liked was Challenge Modes and I hear Heroic raiding is pretty good.
    Look at your post. Look at your username. Maybe it's time for you to evaluate how you spend your free time.

  4. #224
    Thanks, I think I spend my time quite wisely. Nothing wrong being on a forum talking about a game especially when an upcoming expansion that could be bringing huge changes is coming.

    Perhaps you should evaluate your thinking process. It seems a bit off.

  5. #225
    A legendary item is supposed to be an exceptional achievement, I think you should be grateful enough to be able to get it on your own. It's also supposed to be a reward for a prolonged effort, so why complaining if it takes a lot?

  6. #226
    PvP sucks; it is completely not my thing. PvP is tolerable in a completely preformed group in voice chat - preferably all guilded with me. As a healer, this is the only way to make PvP remotely enjoyable because it is the only way that I can get anyone to employ a "peel".

    Armory - Nzete of Korgath-US
    Temple of K - 33 of 53
    SSMines - 7 of 18

    The SSMines victories are all either rated or in a 5 man premade for guild legendary cloak progress.

    As I see it, the PvP requirement is to make people cry and quit doing any organized PvP. We used to do guild rated in the first season. Since we have been running into forced bgs for the legendary line, we quit.

  7. #227
    Its pretty funny to watch the failtrain. They grind with organised 10man groups weekly the same raid instance for those shitty marks but can't think of making 5man groups to win a battleground. 2 healers and it wouldnt even matter if they played like noobs. Its not that hard to win a bg with 5 people and voice chat. And lets not forget the time they have to waste on the reputation grind yet bgs are the thing so many bitch about.
    Last edited by bt4; 2013-10-29 at 12:34 AM.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    One person cannot solo a BG, regardless of gear and skill.
    Oh, yes, you can. Any player above 2k rating can carry a entire random battlground alone, both as a healer or as a dps.

  9. #229
    Crap luck OP, it only took me 10 or so losses for silvershard and only about 5 for the other.
    I haven't PvP'd since BC and getting forced into a BG really sucked not because i'm no good at PvP but just because i stopped enjoying that aspect of the game a long time ago.
    I remember losing every single EotS and WSG back for a good 2 months back in burning crusade when trying to farm pvp weapons, i feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Oh look -- another "fact" pulled out of your posterior. Care to provide evidence to back this up? I mean, "the OP must be lying, because the facts I'm making up say so" isn't actually a valid argument.
    Theres plenty of stats around on BG's and very few have massively imbalanced win %'s for either faction. Especially the ones with balanced maps (which SSM isn't admittedly) Stop posting stubborn stupid shit relentlessly in attempt to drag people down to your level and beat them with experience. You're wrong. Get over it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    But if the chance of winning is 5% then the probability of 60 losses is 4.6%.
    If that's the case (which it isn't) then hes just unlucky. If he doesn't have the fortitude to push through then its no skin off my nose.

  11. #231
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,565
    Sorry to hear that buddy, I'm about to finish Sigils on my 5th toon (2 started last week), and those BGs were both one shots for me. Nobody fucks with a Bear.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres plenty of stats around on BG's and very few have massively imbalanced win %'s for either faction. Especially the ones with balanced maps (which SSM isn't admittedly) Stop posting stubborn stupid shit relentlessly in attempt to drag people down to your level and beat them with experience. You're wrong. Get over it.
    Care to link to these supposed "stats"? I've asked you several times. I think you're lying. After all, how could these stats possibly be collected? Blizzard doesn't make them known.

    But look at what you wrote: "very few have massively imbalanced win %s". For the sake of this discussion, all it would require would be that they be massively imbalanced for just ONE BG -- SSM. So even your wibbling there doesn't actually support your case.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Care to link to these supposed "stats"? I've asked you several times. I think you're lying. After all, how could these stats possibly be collected? Blizzard doesn't make them known.

    But look at what you wrote: "very few have massively imbalanced win %s". For the sake of this discussion, all it would require would be that they be massively imbalanced for just ONE BG -- SSM. So even your wibbling there doesn't actually support your case.
    Just for the sake of discussion, he also tried temple, which is a perfectly balanced map. That assertion falls short and temple of one that's included in many of his 60 losses.

    http://i.imgur.com/nGjkCwx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/RD24Ay6.png

    US and EU stats for a given week. I'd imagine 41k BG's is enough to give a statistical sample. I'm sure if you pull any other stats you'll find similar stuff.

    The simple fact that you can even contemplate that ratios could be as uneven as 90/10 just shows how dim-witted some people can be. It's like the last thread where we disagreed on a GC tweet, you are stubborn to the point where it passes common sense even though its plain you are wrong. Here you are wrong, again.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just for the sake of discussion, he also tried temple, which is a perfectly balanced map. That assertion falls short and temple of one that's included in many of his 60 losses.

    http://i.imgur.com/nGjkCwx.png
    http://i.imgur.com/RD24Ay6.png

    Those are oqueue numbers. They are not representative of actual random BG groups.

    Try again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Those are oqueue numbers. They are not representative of actual random BG groups.

    Try again.
    They are since you cant form complete premades with them, therefore according to definition they are random.

    Anyway, the burden of proof is on you to prove anything other than 50/50 since that's the logical assumption. If you don't understand what logical means (and from your posts I'm guessing the word isn't in your vocabulary) then I suggest you look it up.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They are since you cant form complete premades with them, therefore according to definition they are random.
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

    Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

    Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.
    I give in, I can't explain this in words small enough for you to understand.

  18. #238
    The cloak is a bitch to get.. still waiting for my valor cap to go away

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

    Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.
    "La la la la la" is not a rebuttal.

  20. #240
    I'm good at PVP and I'm Horde. I'm most advanced on this quest chain on a toon I do very little PVP on, but now I want to PVP on to get the damn Mushan blood coins mount (my main PVP toon is healer, so....). My problem is the RNGness of the drops. It took months and months to get the sigils. Took little over a week for the 3K valor (didn't know it tallied past the cap) and then the secrets... I'm 16/20, week 1 I got 8, week 2 I got 0 (17 bosses, no lei shen kill) and then got another 8 this week. I'm just happy we can do it in LFR.

    I've had several friends ask me to join them for the PVP battles, you might want to try their bonus weekends and/or OQueue/OpenRaid to get a premade.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •