Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,799
    I definitely feel for you. I got VERY lucky with mine: Kotmogu we turtled and dominated, and Silvershard was actually really fun with us literally eking out a win in the last 5 seconds (it was neck and neck and Alliance captured a cart literally the second before it went down into the shaft). I think it took me maybe 30 minutes tops.

    However, the fact that PVP is required for a PVE item in a PVE-dominant game has soured me on even bothering with my other characters. I understand the whole "legendary is legendary" argument but they could have thought of a lot better than RNG grinds, required PVP (the whole faction war is a bad joke at this point anyways) and forced gating for three weeks in order to do it.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

    My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

    Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

    Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

    At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

    I am now thoroughly with them.

    60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    That sucks bro

    I did my BG's last week (first time stepping food in either of them) and we won both of them first time. I probably won't step foot in them again lol.

    Working on my Secrets now, will hopefully have them done before reset.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    Hmm, in EU battlegroups, it's 75-25 in ToK and about 92-8 in Silvershard, both favoring Horde.

  4. #84
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    For everyone saying this, for what reason would I have to lie, really? There really is no possible reason why I would need to O_o

    The extreme amount of losses is my exact reason for this thread. If I had won them before this number I would have no reason to have made this thread.

    Logic.
    I think you are using this "losing streak" as a way to cover for the fact that you just don't want to be forced to PvP for a PvE item. And you want to voice a displeasure over bots in BGs (both subjects the forums are littered with threads about). But hey, it's cool. You don't want to do the legendary quest line and there is no harm in that.

    Oh and if I may. Why would you make a thread telling people you gave up if you didn't want to complain about something? And if you are going to complain... might as well make it as "convincing" as possible, right? I don't buy your story, but eh... I'm just a guy on the internet. Enjoy not having your cloak, find something you would rather do in game and do that instead


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  5. #85
    Winning 1+1 BGs has absolutely nothing to do with "PVPing", not in the slightest. I´ve done that part of the questchain on 3 chars in pve gear, and on none of them it took me more than 6 BGs, let alone 60. You have to sabotage your own team on purpose to get a streak like that.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

    My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

    Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

    Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

    At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

    I am now thoroughly with them.

    60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    Sorry, I'm not buying it. You are exagerating or lying your ass off.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    However, the fact that PVP is required for a PVE item in a PVE-dominant game has soured me on even bothering with my other characters.
    world of WARcraft - the name stands for the conflict between two factions. the game is PVP based. there should be a lot more PVP involved in everything - it would be great for the game. the legendary quest is nice step into the right direction!

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    agree with this..
    blizzard HAS made the questchain a LOT easier...

    3k valor instead of 6k for the quest...sigils of wisdom/power...(you shouldn't have 50 sigils of power and only 4 wisdom anymore...yes it used to not check at all)
    the pvp bg's are the easier of them...

    ohh and the BG's part is a little' easier as well, gear being downscaled if you go in with to high, EVERYONES base resil at 40%...
    basically you can't get so utterly outgeared by a premade it's impossible...

    that high of a losing streak...i call BS on as well...never, ever, have i gone more than 20 or so losing games, and thats exceedingly rare... usually about 4 wins per 5 or 6 losses...

    one thing you could do...seems lots of people bot at night...try during another time of day. less bots on your team = higher chance of winning?
    easier ? the quest was never hard .. its just time consuming and its fucking annoying so late in this xpac.. remove valor quest or let People buy cloaks who already finished the Quest on 1 Char

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR is real raiding.
    no, it's not. it's "here, look at the content and get free epics without any effort". and that's ok. but don't call it "real raiding".

  10. #90
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    60 BG losses in a row
    That is some serious bullshit or some insane bad luck. Ive been pvping since release and ive never even been close to that.
    Epic!

  11. #91
    Im not trying to make you feel bad, but I 1 shot the PvP quests. Won both first time and carried on with my quest. I probably have you to thank for it since because of your bad luck, I got some good luck to balance it out. Thank you.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

    My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

    Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

    Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

    At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

    I am now thoroughly with them.

    60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    I mostly win my BGs. Even when queuing alone. You should find something useful to do in the BG. Let me explain. Back in the end Cataclysm I could kill any class in a short time on my Rogue (no Legendary daggers, I never do PvE). It's not of much use to kill random people in a BG. I decided to kill the enemy FCs in WSG and TP. I decided to kill the enemy Tanks when they tried to kill our Boss in AV or IoC. This made sure that I could make a difference in the outcome of the BG.

    Find something you are good at in PvP with your class, and start making a difference.

    You say that most people don't want to team up for BG because they don't need this part of the quest anymore. Try to queue up with 4 Full Geared PvPers (of which 1 or 2 Healers). PvPers are doing this all the time.

    Also, I don't believe that you have lost that many BGs in a row. It's impossible.
    /Zetsumei

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    I don't think SSM was 50/50, especially given that Blizzard hotfixed a change to it on Oct 16 to help the alliance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  14. #94
    You must be Alliance.

  15. #95
    High Overlord Chaoss17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    109
    OP is really unlucky.

  16. #96
    OP: in SSM, to have a chance at winning, the alliance had to charge the lava cart immediately to try to convert it before it went down. They recently hotfixed SSM so that cart spawns after a short delay, which might help. However, so many good alliance PvPers have blacklisted that BG that it still may be hard to win.

    Blizzard should get rid of the blacklisting feature. It's had seriously bad unintended side effects.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  17. #97
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,146
    Frankly I was angry at the pvp requirement to. And even though I finished it in 4 bg's it was still the most retarded requirement of all time. Whoever came up with that in bliz's office deserve to be cock slapped by ron jeremy.

  18. #98
    You are exceptionally unlucky. Just keep trying.

  19. #99
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Decipato View Post
    i believe that there is a 99.999999% chance that you are a lier sir.
    Even if u stand AFK in 60 BGs, the odds of not winning 1 is very slim. Other than that, the only way i believe that u spend 3 months getting the sigils, is if u ran the wrong LFRs for them, as ToT doesnt drop them.

    I agree that the legendary quest takes a bit too long sometimes, if unlucky with RNG, i just got mine 2 days ago, BUT, it is however a legendary item, so it should take long to get.

    This kind of QQ post, i think u just made because it is a desired item, that u couldnt get from charrity as fast as u had hoped.

    In my eyes, you shouldnt even be able to get the legendary Q items from LFR, only real raiders should get it. As it is infact the "best" item in the game atm.
    Amen, the op is really just making some sort of fuss this is quite ridiculous!

    He shouldn't even be complaninig about anything.

  20. #100
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,386
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Frankly I was angry at the pvp requirement to. And even though I finished it in 4 bg's it was still the most retarded requirement of all time. Whoever came up with that in bliz's office deserve to be cock slapped by ron jeremy.
    At no point in time did Blizzard say it wouldn't include PvP. Pandaria's storyline is based on the FACTION WAR, it would sort of be stupid if the main legendary questline didn't include the faction war

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •