Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And I'm finally over trying to get my Legendary Cloak.

Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

I am now thoroughly with them.

60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.

Edit: Since people are too lazy to actually read the Thread, here were my responses/proof.

Also since last Night when this thread was posted, I went another 8 losses in SSM and gave up on that, and another 5 in Temple in which I finally won one!

Tally sitting at 42 Losses in SSM and only 27 Losses in Temple until my Win in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I don't link my Armory on these forums for my own reason, but I screencapped my Statistics page for people if that pleases you :/

The few wins I have of the BG's in question were from the Start of MoP when they were still new, even the few achieves I have from them are dated Dec 2012/Jan 2013.

As you can see I have terrible luck across most, Isle of Conquest and Warsong being my only good ratio BG's.
    Yeah I said I saw he was right, meaning it was only at 34 losses not 37, But as I said just before I've done another 4 since the thread started and lost them all aswell, bringing it up to that number anyway.

I also know the BG's fairly well, my Main PvP character Is full Tyran/Grevious and does quite well in them.

It is just this one damn character I can't do it on, which makes me die a little inside when I log on one of my Alts and win a Shards from a Random BG queue.
    I'm actually usually pretty high in the damage done/objectives held part of the matches even without PvP gear since I do these BG's on others Alts.

I also know it isn't rigged to make me sad, as I did say twice I have PvP geared characters that I do well with across all the BG's.

Also I'm not whining about bad luck, Bad luck would be 5-6 losses in a row. I am just venting about absolutely fucking atrocious luck. A losing streak this long has never happened to me across ANY game. It is the single longest losing streak by more than double that I've ever had.

So yes while the common factor is me. It does not really come down to me alone LOSING the matches as people keep trying to imply.
    I see after posting my Win/Loss Statistics people have left alone the "omg he's a liar about the losses!" and are now on the "omg hes lying about 3 months to get sigils."

I also found an old screenshot I took of just how long it was taking to get my Sigils back just before 5.4

Notice the over 16 days played at level 90 itself. Notice also the low number of Sigils.

Considering I work full-time and put roughly at most 3 hrs a day into WoW at night through the weeks, and not often on Weekends due to a Partner and such. You can see that 16 days took a long while spread over a fair few months, that was on a PvE character, you can see just how long Sigils took.

I must just be the king of badluck streaks of WoW haha
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2013-10-28 at 12:26 PM.

go buy a lottery ticket, you will probably win. give me 5% please!

Deleted
    So you are bad at pvp and QQ baww? ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    i believe that there is a 99.999999% chance that you are a lier sir.
    Even if u stand AFK in 60 BGs, the odds of not winning 1 is very slim. Other than that, the only way i believe that u spend 3 months getting the sigils, is if u ran the wrong LFRs for them, as ToT doesnt drop them.

I agree that the legendary quest takes a bit too long sometimes, if unlucky with RNG, i just got mine 2 days ago, BUT, it is however a legendary item, so it should take long to get.

This kind of QQ post, i think u just made because it is a desired item, that u couldnt get from charrity as fast as u had hoped.

In my eyes, you shouldnt even be able to get the legendary Q items from LFR, only real raiders should get it. As it is infact the "best" item in the game atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    So you are bad at pvp and QQ baww? ok.
    One person cannot solo a BG, regardless of gear and skill.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    One person cannot solo a BG, regardless of gear and skill.
    He doesn't need to have gear and skill all he or she has to do is go AFK if he wanted too that's it until you win lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Well that's pretty much the worst loss-streak I've heard of. Especially considering that BGs are pretty much 50-50(+/-2) over the long term.
    Yeaaaaaaap. Hence my frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decipato View Post
    i believe that there is a 99.999999% chance that you are a lier sir.
    Even if u stand AFK in 60 BGs, the odds of not winning 1 is very slim. Other than that, the only way i believe that u spend 3 months getting the sigils, is if u ran the wrong LFRs for them, as ToT doesnt drop them.

I agree that the legendary quest takes a bit too long sometimes, if unlucky with RNG, i just got mine 2 days ago, BUT, it is however a legendary item, so it should take long to get.

This kind of QQ post, i think u just made because it is a desired item, that u couldnt get from charrity as fast as u had hoped.

In my eyes, you shouldnt even be able to get the legendary Q items from LFR, only real raiders should get it. As it is infact the "best" item in the game atm.
    I've no need to lie and to be honest I don't really care if people choose to believe it or not since it has happened to me. Also on my Main I do Flex now not LFR mostly due to just not having the time to be in a fully commited raid guild. I had to run LFR though due to the Sigils only dropping from the previous tier bosses.

Tough shit.

It's a legendary item, I don't believe Blizzard stated at any point that you would be required to do 0 PvP.

In fact, with MoP being based on a faction war it'd be ridiculous if a storyline based on ending a faction war involved 0 PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Tough shit.

It's a legendary item, I don't believe Blizzard stated at any point that you would be required to do 0 PvP.

In fact, with MoP being based on a faction war it'd be ridiculous if a storyline based on ending a faction war involved 0 PvP
    I didn't say they did state there would be no required. Just seems backwards to make PvE'rs do PvP. I have 2 different sets of Characters. I have my Characters that PvP and have PvP gear, then I have my Characters that PvE and have PvE gear.

I used to Hate having to PvE on my PvP characters to get BiS PvP Trinkets in previous expansions and Blizzard has gone out of their way to remove the need to, so making PvE characters require PvP to get their BiS seems redundant and backwards.

Especially when out of all those Matches my team was always at least 50% Bots which just helps bring down the quality aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Tough shit.

agree with this..
    blizzard HAS made the questchain a LOT easier...

3k valor instead of 6k for the quest...sigils of wisdom/power...(you shouldn't have 50 sigils of power and only 4 wisdom anymore...yes it used to not check at all)
    the pvp bg's are the easier of them...

ohh and the BG's part is a little' easier as well, gear being downscaled if you go in with to high, EVERYONES base resil at 40%...
    basically you can't get so utterly outgeared by a premade it's impossible...

that high of a losing streak...i call BS on as well...never, ever, have i gone more than 20 or so losing games, and thats exceedingly rare... usually about 4 wins per 5 or 6 losses...

one thing you could do...seems lots of people bot at night...try during another time of day. less bots on your team = higher chance of winning?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

There is no way you lost 37+23 battlegrounds in a row. You are clearly lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    For everyone saying this, for what reason would I have to lie, really? There really is no possible reason why I would need to O_o

The extreme amount of losses is my exact reason for this thread. If I had won them before this number I would have no reason to have made this thread.

Logic.

No, you are lying. Losing 60 battlegrounds in a row does not take extreme luck, it takes a miracle.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are lying. Losing 60 battlegrounds in a row does not take extreme luck, it takes a miracle.
    Once again, I say How would me lying help my thread in anyway? Obviously if I had won them within that timeframe I wouldn't be making a thread saying how I hadn't won them in that time frame?

Logic.

Deleted
    nothing more to say

done this quest on 3 chars now, In full pve gear it never took me more then 2 tries to get it. If you you want to do it I can suggest using Oqueue to form a premade group of 5ppl to just rock a random bg.

Asthreon, why dont post your Armory profile? Then we easily can check your statistic to see if you lie or not?
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    the pvp bg's are the easier of them...
    what the hell does that even mean? try playing alliance in my battlegroup, holy shit if i wasn't shaved bald i'd rip all my hair out.

anyway, this quest would be much less rage inducing if it was just 'win 5 battlegrounds' (or 10 or 20 even) so at least you could pick those your faction doesn't get their ass kicked at all the time.

Deleted
    Played over 5,000 BGs across my characters, never heard of a loss streak that bad. What's the point in giving up now? That just makes all of your previous time spent wasted entirely.