Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Will say though his loss streak seems a little exaggerated, when I was doing the quest back in 5.2 or 5.3, I lost SSM 16 times in a row before I got my win, mostly because the entire BG was full of people in the same boat as me (no PvP gear, hating PvP, just want their legendary quest done) and the other team more often than not had at least 3 or 4 people in PvP gear who actually PvPed. To top it off, I played Prot Warrior. So basically, I did no damage, and despite having tons of survivability, I couldn't capture anything on my own because they simply had 3 of their team members stand there and /laugh at me while I tried in vain to kill the healer.

I was on alliance at the time I did this quest, and I can sympathize. I got lucky and got the wins fairly quickly, but I had been doing random bgs a LOT aside from the legendary chain and me getting the win in SSM so quickly when I had to do it for the quest was a complete fluke.

I found that on horde I win almost all of the time in those 2 BGs, on Allie I got the cloak on 2 characters and to that point in the questline on 5, one took 35 tries to win one temple BG, all of my Allie did no less than 25 total to win both.
    Horde seems to have a really easy time in these BGs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks, man.

On one of my toons, I got both BGs in two tries each. Another...like 10-12 tries between the two (most of which were Temple, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This assumes a 0.5 probability of winning a given BG naturally.
    It's easy to prove something when you are allowed to make totally unsupported assumptions like that, isn't it? The probability of the OP winning any particular game is precisely what's at issue here.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is the kind of BS I was referring to. There is no evidence that SSM is anywhere close to 50/50 for random groups.

If you claim there is, please give the link.
    The maths was done, even if its 25% then chances of losing 60 in a row are about 1 in a billion. Keep trying to prove yourself right and refute reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The maths was done, even if its 25% then chances of losing 60 in a row are about 1 in a billion. Keep trying to prove yourself right and refute reality.
    Yes, the math was done, using the number you pulled out of your arse. It's interesting that you think we should give this calculation any weight.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Same here, OP. They made the chain more convenient and easier to get it but it is all so BORING for me! Every step of the way is mindnumbingly boring.

I hated Timeless Isle. I hated LFR. Flex is meh.

There's just so many unlikeable qualities about this expansion. I really hope they shake things up for the next one. The only thing I liked was Challenge Modes and I hear Heroic raiding is pretty good.

Some players need to take an Alliance into the Temple BG and tell me how many it takes to win, and even if you win in one try you will probably see someone in there saying they are there for the cloak quest and have lost in double digits so far.
    I noticed a very big difference in Horde wins over Alliance in that BG.

It could have happened. I mean lets say it is a 50% chance, its only 1 in 1000000000000000000 chance. If you multiply by number of WoW players thats a 1 in 1000000000000 chance per player.

But eitherways lies or not it *could* happen we don't gain anything by claiming he's not telling the truth. I would say however, that there was nothing wrong with the PvP part of the legendary questline was a LOT simpler easier more fun and interesting than "Grind 6k VP" /yawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Some players need to take an Alliance into the Temple BG and tell me how many it takes to win, and even if you win in one try you will probably see someone in there saying they are there for the cloak quest and have lost in double digits so far.
    I noticed a very big difference in Horde wins over Alliance in that BG.
    I'm a terrible PvPer (by the PvP community standards at least) I@ve never broken 2k rating in any bracket, I think I may have hit 1900 in 2s once and 1800 in 3s once, but I'm a GM and RL and on top of real life just have never found the time to practice PvP properly. I do LOTs of random battlegrounds though, love em.

Anyway I wanted to say that before I say that I helped a LOT of the PVE heros in my guild get their quest done, and found that Alliance won both of the new BG's many times more than horde did. I doubt I was that much of an influence in the battles but yeah; never understood what the QQ was all about really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Yes, the math was done, using the number you pulled out of your arse. It's interesting that you think we should give this calculation any weight.
    Theres no BG where the ratio is worse than 25%, stop being so stubborn and admit that you are wrong.

Theres no BG where the ratio is worse than 25%, stop being so stubborn and admit that you are wrong.
    Oh look -- another "fact" pulled out of your posterior. Care to provide evidence to back this up? I mean, "the OP must be lying, because the facts I'm making up say so" isn't actually a valid argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol I won on both of my first attempts in LFR PvE gear. Horde-World Problems, right? I feel for you though, took me like 3 years to get those children's week bg achievements.

But if the chance of winning is 5% then the probability of 60 losses is 4.6%.

Actually 50% would be the natural baseline assumption, so if you don't believe it the burden of proof is on you.

What's the highest expectation of OP's probability to win a given BG you're willing to accept then? I'll use that to calculate the odds of losing 60 in a row and doubtless still come up with a number that makes his story unbelievable. Bonus points if you strain yourself and actually come up with a reason for your number. Or do you even have one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Same here, OP. They made the chain more convenient and easier to get it but it is all so BORING for me! Every step of the way is mindnumbingly boring.

I hated Timeless Isle. I hated LFR. Flex is meh.

There's just so many unlikeable qualities about this expansion. I really hope they shake things up for the next one. The only thing I liked was Challenge Modes and I hear Heroic raiding is pretty good.
    Look at your post. Look at your username. Maybe it's time for you to evaluate how you spend your free time.

Thanks, I think I spend my time quite wisely. Nothing wrong being on a forum talking about a game especially when an upcoming expansion that could be bringing huge changes is coming.

Perhaps you should evaluate your thinking process. It seems a bit off.

Deleted
    A legendary item is supposed to be an exceptional achievement, I think you should be grateful enough to be able to get it on your own. It's also supposed to be a reward for a prolonged effort, so why complaining if it takes a lot?

PvP sucks; it is completely not my thing. PvP is tolerable in a completely preformed group in voice chat - preferably all guilded with me. As a healer, this is the only way to make PvP remotely enjoyable because it is the only way that I can get anyone to employ a "peel".

Armory - Nzete of Korgath-US
    Temple of K - 33 of 53
    SSMines - 7 of 18

The SSMines victories are all either rated or in a 5 man premade for guild legendary cloak progress.

As I see it, the PvP requirement is to make people cry and quit doing any organized PvP. We used to do guild rated in the first season. Since we have been running into forced bgs for the legendary line, we quit.

Deleted
    Its pretty funny to watch the failtrain. They grind with organised 10man groups weekly the same raid instance for those shitty marks but can't think of making 5man groups to win a battleground. 2 healers and it wouldnt even matter if they played like noobs. Its not that hard to win a bg with 5 people and voice chat. And lets not forget the time they have to waste on the reputation grind yet bgs are the thing so many bitch about.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-10-29 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    One person cannot solo a BG, regardless of gear and skill.
    Oh, yes, you can. Any player above 2k rating can carry a entire random battlground alone, both as a healer or as a dps.