Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I won these on the first try, sorry about your luck brother. BGs are not super difficult to win, but it does depend on your fellow players. Every BG needs someone to lead and others to follow that lead, without going to duel for no reason. Most BGs have neither, so it's challenging. You basically have to understand the BG and lead it yourself. I always talk in BGs and try to herd players to do the right things.
    This is also an issue I've noticed on the Alliance side especially. Back when I played Alliance, people would only try to take the lead after the game was nearly lost. Everyone only wanted kills, which is why the only battleground we could win (even then rarely) was Alterac Valley.

    It's challenging, but that's what a Legendary is supposed to be. (I still don't like calling the cloak a legendary, because it's nothing but a glorified quest chain as all the legendaries since Shadowmourne have been. But it's orange, I guess.)

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No hes not, its simple maths. Horde and alliance ratios are 50-50. Maybe 45-55 in some cases.
    This is the kind of BS I was referring to. There is no evidence that SSM is anywhere close to 50/50 for random groups.

    If you claim there is, please give the link.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  3. #203
    I won mine on the first tries, but I think the legendary chain is a joke. It's only rng and a 3 week valor gating (used to be 6). I mean, you don't even have to kill a single heroic or even normal boss.
    Testing: Will probably be toooooo big.

  4. #204
    Pandaren Monk twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the west country
    Posts
    1,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Unproven View Post
    i dont think you got the correct message.
    i was talking about you giving up on a char that you obv have played alot
    i dont question your bad loss streak. i question the "Bwhaha i LOVE my shaman. but i ditched it cus i lost alot of BGs"
    you got a wired concept of love then buddy
    i didnt ever mention once that i loved my shammy, i have no idea what post you were reading?
    i said i had the BELOVED title. what i DID say was that i love playing my disc priest.
    may i suggest you actually read what people write before offering us all on mmo your words of wisdom in future. ty.

  5. #205
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I won mine on the first tries, but I think the legendary chain is a joke. It's only rng and a 3 week valor gating (used to be 6). I mean, you don't even have to kill a single heroic or even normal boss.
    You left out a few parts, like Nalak, the Krasarang boss, and the two Wrathion scenarios.

    Also, which legendary required you to down a heroic boss?
    Here is what you might consider an unexpected truth: The only place where I commonly see elitist assholes is here. I rarely encounter them in the game. The game as portrayed on forums is not the game that most people actually experience. - MoanaLisa

  6. #206
    Dreadlord Deruyter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    853
    I got burned out on the questchain when I only got 2 secrets of the empire each week...

    I feel too forced to do all (and older) raid content because of it, wich sucks the fun out of it.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I got burned out on the questchain when I only got 2 secrets of the empire each week...

    I feel too forced to do all (and older) raid content because of it, wich sucks the fun out of it.
    Well well, if you aren't a spoiled fellow...

    If you got your LMG after 10 weeks that is about average. ToT got released start of march. Assuming you were clearing every week you'd have your LMG on middle of may. Now I know LFR was gated and not all clear full every week, but still, then you'd get it somewhere in the end of may. There have been people around with much less luck in RNG.

    With Lei Shen guaranteed drop rate, in 5.3, you had 1 drop every week guaranteed and 20% per boss (5 bosses) which means on average you get 2 a week. Which means you get your cloak in 6 weeks on average.

    Thats a total of 16 weeks, approx 4 months. Which means around july and onward you got both.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The probability of your statement there being false approaches 100%.
    "Approaches?" Pretty obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but in case anyone who realizes I'm doing an actual calculation and didn't just make up a number is interested:

    https://www.google.com/search?q=0.5%...210&q=0.5%5E60

    This assumes a 0.5 probability of winning a given BG naturally. Even if you are pessimistic enough to call it a 1/4 shot at winning though, losing 60 in a row is still (very) roughly one in a billion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    The chances of losing 60 battleground matches in a row is infinitesimally small
    Your redundancy offends me.

  9. #209
    Will say though his loss streak seems a little exaggerated, when I was doing the quest back in 5.2 or 5.3, I lost SSM 16 times in a row before I got my win, mostly because the entire BG was full of people in the same boat as me (no PvP gear, hating PvP, just want their legendary quest done) and the other team more often than not had at least 3 or 4 people in PvP gear who actually PvPed. To top it off, I played Prot Warrior. So basically, I did no damage, and despite having tons of survivability, I couldn't capture anything on my own because they simply had 3 of their team members stand there and /laugh at me while I tried in vain to kill the healer.

  10. #210
    I was on alliance at the time I did this quest, and I can sympathize. I got lucky and got the wins fairly quickly, but I had been doing random bgs a LOT aside from the legendary chain and me getting the win in SSM so quickly when I had to do it for the quest was a complete fluke.

  11. #211
    I found that on horde I win almost all of the time in those 2 BGs, on Allie I got the cloak on 2 characters and to that point in the questline on 5, one took 35 tries to win one temple BG, all of my Allie did no less than 25 total to win both.
    Horde seems to have a really easy time in these BGs.

  12. #212
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    236
    Sucks, man.

    On one of my toons, I got both BGs in two tries each. Another...like 10-12 tries between the two (most of which were Temple, I think).

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    This assumes a 0.5 probability of winning a given BG naturally.
    It's easy to prove something when you are allowed to make totally unsupported assumptions like that, isn't it? The probability of the OP winning any particular game is precisely what's at issue here.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This is the kind of BS I was referring to. There is no evidence that SSM is anywhere close to 50/50 for random groups.

    If you claim there is, please give the link.
    The maths was done, even if its 25% then chances of losing 60 in a row are about 1 in a billion. Keep trying to prove yourself right and refute reality.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The maths was done, even if its 25% then chances of losing 60 in a row are about 1 in a billion. Keep trying to prove yourself right and refute reality.
    Yes, the math was done, using the number you pulled out of your arse. It's interesting that you think we should give this calculation any weight.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  16. #216
    Same here, OP. They made the chain more convenient and easier to get it but it is all so BORING for me! Every step of the way is mindnumbingly boring.

    I hated Timeless Isle. I hated LFR. Flex is meh.

    There's just so many unlikeable qualities about this expansion. I really hope they shake things up for the next one. The only thing I liked was Challenge Modes and I hear Heroic raiding is pretty good.

  17. #217
    Some players need to take an Alliance into the Temple BG and tell me how many it takes to win, and even if you win in one try you will probably see someone in there saying they are there for the cloak quest and have lost in double digits so far.
    I noticed a very big difference in Horde wins over Alliance in that BG.

  18. #218
    It could have happened. I mean lets say it is a 50% chance, its only 1 in 1000000000000000000 chance. If you multiply by number of WoW players thats a 1 in 1000000000000 chance per player.

    But eitherways lies or not it *could* happen we don't gain anything by claiming he's not telling the truth. I would say however, that there was nothing wrong with the PvP part of the legendary questline was a LOT simpler easier more fun and interesting than "Grind 6k VP" /yawn.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Some players need to take an Alliance into the Temple BG and tell me how many it takes to win, and even if you win in one try you will probably see someone in there saying they are there for the cloak quest and have lost in double digits so far.
    I noticed a very big difference in Horde wins over Alliance in that BG.
    I'm a terrible PvPer (by the PvP community standards at least) I@ve never broken 2k rating in any bracket, I think I may have hit 1900 in 2s once and 1800 in 3s once, but I'm a GM and RL and on top of real life just have never found the time to practice PvP properly. I do LOTs of random battlegrounds though, love em.

    Anyway I wanted to say that before I say that I helped a LOT of the PVE heros in my guild get their quest done, and found that Alliance won both of the new BG's many times more than horde did. I doubt I was that much of an influence in the battles but yeah; never understood what the QQ was all about really.
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, the math was done, using the number you pulled out of your arse. It's interesting that you think we should give this calculation any weight.
    Theres no BG where the ratio is worse than 25%, stop being so stubborn and admit that you are wrong.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Theres no BG where the ratio is worse than 25%, stop being so stubborn and admit that you are wrong.
    Oh look -- another "fact" pulled out of your posterior. Care to provide evidence to back this up? I mean, "the OP must be lying, because the facts I'm making up say so" isn't actually a valid argument.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •