Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    "La la la la la" is not a rebuttal.
    So, you're claiming a random BG group that has an oQ premade is just the same as one that doesn't, and they should be expected to have the same chance of winning?

Don't insult our intelligence with such nonsensical reasoning.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Not accusing anyone or anything, but I find it hard to believe that it's taking that long to win a BG. I have done the legendary quest chain on 3 Alliance toons, and it took at worst a half dozen tries to get the win. It helps if you actually play the BG instead of hiding in a corner hoping for a carry because "you aren't a PvPer" (as I see so MANY people doing...).

No, IMHO after doing this quest chain multiple times (and am currently in progress on a 4th toon), by far the crappiest part of it is the RNG item drops. For example, it took 10 weeks of ToT clears to get 12 runestones on my main. Pretty much the whole summer, I had to keep going back to ToT long past when I could use any gear from it. I barely got them by 5.4 release. Essentially I got 1 per week from Lei Shen, and 2 stones from other bosses in ALL THAT TIME. That's on top of the untold weeks spent getting sigils and secrets and valor on that main. And other people would waltz into ToT and get all the runestones in 2 or 3 weeks, which seemed terribly unfair. I really resented that some people spent only 6-8 hours getting runestones that took me 40 hours of effort.

It's far better now, IMHO. On my "last" toon, I just got all 20 of the sigils in 2 weeks of clearing only the T14 raids (no ToT or SoO). That took my main a couple of months back in the day. The "last" toon is now on the 3k valor stage so I'm curious to see how much faster secrets and runestones will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    This forum would be a hundred times better if there was a rule against not reading the fucking thread before you post and make an idiot of yourself. Then I wouldnt have to see the same fucking post over and over again that's already been refuted.

The OP posts proof twice over and the inbred trolls keep moving the goalposts.
    What he did is post proof that he is lying.

He said he lost 37 mines in a row, his proof shows that he has won at 4 out of 38. That means that he lost 34 in a row at most, after winning 4 mines in a row. So even if he was lying slightly, he had to have won 4 in a row. Kinda ironic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.

I got the legendary cloak on 7 toons and the PvP part took at most an hour on each toon. You can usually determine the outcome of a BG within the first 3 minutes, so if it looks like we're gonna lose I just leave, eat the deserter debuff and go play another alt.

The MoP legendary is easier to get than any previous legendary while current. You can get the legendary cloak without doing any organized raiding and by pressing a button and doing content with guaranteed success. How can that still be too hard for some people?
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-10-29 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I got the legendary cloak on 7 toons and the PvP part took at most an hour on each toon. You can usually determine the outcome of a BG within the first 3 minutes, so if it looks like we're gonna lose I just leave, eat the deserter debuff and go play another alt.

The MoP legendary is easier to get than any previous legendary while current, so I don't see why people still complain that the easiest welfare legendary is still too difficult to obtain.
    You have the cloak on 7 characters....?
    Armory
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What he did is post proof that he is lying.

He said he lost 37 mines in a row, his proof shows that he has won at 4 out of 38. That means that he lost 34 in a row at most, after winning 4 mines in a row. So even if he was lying slightly, he had to have won 4 in a row. Kinda ironic, no?
    Did you manage to read the REST of the page before just seeing the one picture and going "OMFG LIUR!!" I explained I did indeed stuff the Math up, but I had lost another 4 anyway since the beginning of the Thread which brought it up to that number anyway.

I also said that the 4 I had won was at the Beginning of the Expac when they were new and it was 4 wins 1 loss before I started for my Legendary quest, and that my achievements for those wins dated back to December 2012.

Though since Starting this Thread, I am now actually up to 43 Losses of Silvershard Mine, but Finally Won my Temple on number 27.

GG's Alliance, GG's

Did you manage to read the REST of the page before just seeing the one picture and going "OMFG LIUR!!" I explained I did indeed stuff the Math up, but I had lost another 4 anyway since the beginning of the Thread which brought it up to that number anyway.

I also said that the 4 I had won was at the Beginning of the Expac when they were new and it was 4 wins 1 loss before I started for my Legendary quest, and that my achievements for those wins dated back to December 2012.

Though since Starting this Thread, I am now actually up to 43 Losses of Silvershard Mine, but Finally Won my Temple on number 27.

GG's Alliance, GG's
    I don't care how you explain your lying.

For good measure:
    60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.

I wonder if you are literally so bad that you actively work against your group completing these BGs. I mean, there is one thing worse than AFK...
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

I love how you ppl talk about 30 and below win %. Quest design is bad (imbalanced) as soon as it isn't at least granted ~50% with maybe max 5% diversion. This quest sucks for some people more than for others hence it's one of the not so good quests. Don't do it again blizz, done here imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I give in, I can't explain this in words small enough for you to understand.
    He is right.

Consider:

A premade has more chance of success than a random group. Premades have voice chat and work together well, usually also have good gear. I'm sure everyone can agree with that.

A random group can contain oQueue premade, but statistically it remains of relevance since beforehand you do not know for sure it contains a premade and how many. With oQueue, you'll always have members being premade and its not the same amount of premade members as a random since in random it fluctuates including the variable "zero". You cannot have that variable in oQueue. Ergo, oQueue numbers are skewed towards oQueue success rates; not random BGs.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Obviously not. An oqueue group always has a premade subgroup. Random BGs will usually not. The stats for the former are not the same as the stats for the latter.

Admit defeat in this argument, you are shooting intellectual blanks.
    It's not clear to me what bias is introduced by oQueue, because it records both wins and losses.

It is clear that the oQueue win-loss ratios are not the "real" ratios. But it says that it is distinctly more likely that you will win certain BGs while queuing as Horde, and others while queuing as Alliance.

I don't know what percentage of random BGs are played with at least one oQ group in them. It might be fairly high now, because there are just not that many people playing random battlegrounds.

Three characters with cloaks and I don't recall any of them needing more than three games for the required wins. (Random queuing for each map.)

I'm sure it's been said, but could the commonality in all of the OP's losses be...the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's not clear to me what bias is introduced by oQueue, because it records both wins and losses.
    2nd statement = red herring. Nobody claimed otherwise.

It is clear that the oQueue win-loss ratios are not the "real" ratios. But it says that it is distinctly more likely that you will win certain BGs while queuing as Horde, and others while queuing as Alliance.
    Yes, within the oQueue ecosystem. When using oQueue it is accurate.

I don't know what percentage of random BGs are played with at least one oQ group in them. It might be fairly high now, because there are just not that many people playing random battlegrounds.
    Does oQueue always count the win/loss ratio, even when not being in a premade? If yes, that'd decrease its bias.

We can still say though, that the average WoW player who uses oQueue is a more avid player than the average player in a BG just like the tech savvy internet user doesn't install certain spyware.

I'm catching up aswell, until 5.4 been to lazy to do the quests. Now I actually see all the legendary cloak it motivated me.
    Last night I won the Temple of Kotamagu (what ever), Silvershard mines are next. I have to agree that horde seems to win more, but I'll just keep going for I want the cloak. Besides googeling tacts on bg's helped a bit and talking in the bgchat aswell.
    Hopefully I win the silvershard mines tonight

Run, rabbit run.
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't care how you explain your lying.

For good measure:
    Yes, 37 + 23 is 60, you can indeed count.

I feel ya brother!
    I was a bit frustrated when I saw that you needed to do BGs in a PvE quest line.

Be strong! Be strong, son!
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Oh gee, another QQ thread.
    Until there's an actual armory link to support this, everything should be considered false/inaccurate.

I find it amusing that people shit themselves when they are forced to do a couple of BGs but when PVPers have been forced for 13 seasons to PVE (this being pretty much the only season where you are not forced), it is considered 'fine' and they should shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Some bad luck there.

I did manage my BG wins as alliance on a PVE server. God knows how I did this!
    It helps if you try the BGs when they are CtA. Also, early in the season, when many people are still gearing up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It helps if you try the BGs when they are CtA. Also, early in the season, when many people are still gearing up.
    Makes sense.

I did mine way back when glad I did and got it on first couple of goes. I since have gone back to horde <3.