Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Exotic pets haven't caused tremors since wotlk. They took the tremors out in 4.0

I main a BM Hunter.

Please don't blame us for the seismic disturbances. :P
    There are bugged pets that still cause unintended effects like screwed up sound files and tremors.
    I trained some random elite turtle a few weeks ago that was bugged in this way.

It's always possible that it is "something", but this is quite a bit different from how the Cataclysm event played out. It is true that people dismissed the early Earhquakes before Cataclysm, but a LOT of people were saying they'd seen them. This time it has been relatively few people, and people have been "noticing" these "earthquakes" for months and months. So unless Blizzard has been running a pre-expansion event for almost two years (since before Mists)--It's nothing more than various effects caused by pets, items like the racer, etc.

Not to mention that, as has been pointed out above, this would mean them repeating the exact same pre-expansion event as Cataclysms. Which I can't imagine they'd do since, one, people get angry about the effort in expansion events, and it seems logical they'd put a lot of work into the next one... and two, the most likely expansions are Legion-related (Legion come from the sky, not below the earth) or Azshara-related (Naga come from the sea, not below the earth). A more likely event is a carefully implemented increase in the amount of rain and thunder storms in all zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There are bugged pets that still cause unintended effects like screwed up sound files and tremors.
    I trained some random elite turtle a few weeks ago that was bugged in this way.

It's always possible that it is "something", but this is quite a bit different from how the Cataclysm event played out. It is true that people dismissed the early Earhquakes before Cataclysm, but a LOT of people were saying they'd seen them. This time it has been relatively few people, and people have been "noticing" these "earthquakes" for months and months. So unless Blizzard has been running a pre-expansion event for almost two years (since before Mists)--It's nothing more than various effects caused by pets, items like the racer, etc.

Not to mention that, as has been pointed out above, this would mean them repeating the exact same pre-expansion event as Cataclysms. Which I can't imagine they'd do since, one, people get angry about the effort in expansion events, and it seems logical they'd put a lot of work into the next one... and two, the most likely expansions are Legion-related (Legion come from the sky, not below the earth) or Azshara-related (Naga come from the sea, not below the earth). A more likely event is a carefully implemented increase in the amount of rain and thunder storms in all zones.
    I have noticed the increased weather effects, they seem to be in the final phase for each area only. Like I was levelling an alt through pandaria yesterday and I noticed 2 out of 3 times that an area hit the final phase it was raining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    and two, the most likely expansions are Legion-related (Legion come from the sky, not below the earth) or Azshara-related (Naga come from the sea, not below the earth).
    Those're two pretty limited choices and assumptions on the part of the fans (of the two, Legion is the more likely, and who says they need to come from above?). However, Azshara could be raising land quite easily.

Or it could be something else entirely... I wonder what the aqir are up to after all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Those're two pretty limited choices and assumptions on the part of the fans (of the two, Legion is the more likely, and who says they need to come from above?). However, Azshara could be raising land quite easily.

Or it could be something else entirely... I wonder what the aqir are up to after all this time?
    Yes, clearly it is logical for the Queen of the Naga, an amphibious race, who has been plotting and working for ten thousand years from a city at the bottom of the ocean, has joined an Old God that is very likely below the center of the great sea, and has acquired the elemental lord of water-who controls the tides, to alter the land masses of the world.

They are the two choices that are by far the most logical.
    It is completely possible that Blizzard will go in a completely unexpected direction.
    A lot of people brought up Azjol'Nerub, and how the dev team was disappointed with canceling the questing zone, when The Dark Below was in the trademarking process, since its name could easily be applied to cavernous places underground. -- And believe me, I would LOVE a Nerubian expansion. But the truth of the matter is that the game has lost a lot of subs, people were largely unhappy with Cata, and Mists, while it was an amazing expansion, received a lot of criticism for being an expansion based on a lot of new lore given to a minor (Story-wise) location.

Do you really think it's more likely for Blizzard to risk another new unique type of expansion?
    I really hope they would, but it seems to me to be a rather low chance.

edited for better confirmed lore accuracy.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-10-27 at 10:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno - Blizzard seems to consider Mists a smashing success. So yeah, I'd be willing to bet they'd go out on that limb again.

If we do get some Azshara based, you can bet there'll be land risen. Blizzard has admitted that there were problems with Vash'jir - an entire expansion based around that wouldn't work. You can almost guarantee that the Tomb of Sargeras will be back - and that needs to be raised from the ocean floor where we left it in The Frozen Throne. Somewhere, there's going to need to be a good solid landmass that we quest on - something that doesn't have funky weird mechanics in it (take note, I liked Vash'jir, but am willing to admit there are issues there, especially if you're melee).

Something digging up wouldn't necessarily have to be the entire expansion concept - it could be a precursor. There are massive places underground where even the elementals don't like to go, massive caverns. This mentioned in the same text that discusses Thrall discovering an island in the mist and a dwarven consciousness protecting the eastern continent, shortly before encountering Deathwing in an underground location (during Charge of the Aspects). Why don't even the elementals want to go there? Why could the Legion not be working on a new attack vector we aren't anticipating?

Personally? I think something's coming. I don't think it's the Legion, but I think it's still a major threat. Wrathion was simply using imagery we were familiar with - the fel fireballs falling from the sky - to show us it. He makes us believe the Legion is coming back, but it's something that, in his eyes, is much worse. (I want to bet on it being the Infinite Dragonflight, but I know it's probably not.)

We'll see what it is in time.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it wasn't someone's pet core hound/devilsaur?

If not, maybe I should spend less time in Shrine and see if I notice this in SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally misleading title. Was expecting we would have to hire Kevin Bacon and Michael Gross to take care of the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Totally misleading title. Was expecting we would have to hire Kevin Bacon and Michael Gross to take care of the problem.
    Wut? /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody needs to deal with the Graboid problem! Why not the heroes who've destroyed the Lich King and Deathwing?

That popped into my mind as well, when I saw the title. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Wut? /10chars
    Graboids are going to get you first!
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-10-27 at 11:28 PM.

probably people bringing back mammoth parades

but no i havent noticed tremors when im in SW

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, stay off the ground!

Keep my feet off the ground?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I was in Exodar last night on my hunter, and I noticed the game shake. I thought nothing of it. But who knows?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Exotic pets haven't caused tremors since wotlk. They took the tremors out in 4.0

I main a BM Hunter.

Please don't blame us for the seismic disturbances. :P
    THat's my entire point. There is nothing to explain these tremors. I'll need to see if I experience them in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    THat's my entire point. There is nothing to explain these tremors. I'll need to see if I experience them in other places.
    If u can fraps it and post the video.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm telling you I afk'd there with the sound up for hours this morning, there was nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    havent noticed anything but honestly i never discount any of this stuff. blizzard is sneaky as hell with these things. i remember seeing tremors for the pre cataclysm event when ICC launched and i thought i was crazy. turns out blizzard came out and said right before cataclysm launched that they had put them in in 3.3 (a year and change before cataclysm)

now while i highly doubt they would use the same tremor "event", if people think they are seeing them i dont discredit it since i literally have no information that points to yes or no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's not just people creating their legendary cloaks?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends really on what Blizzard plans to do for the next pre-event. Though it's much too earlier for the event to be starting so it's likely a bug or something. Here's to hoping I'm wrong though!
    Butts.