Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Boomkin opener question

    As a troll i have my racial ability for the 20% haste for 10 seconds. I'm wondering if i should blow this in my opener macro or save it for Celestial Alighntment.

    I currently have my macro as this

    /cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune(Talent, Shapeshift)
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /use Gloves of the Shattered Vale
    /cast Berserking(Racial)

    Cast down to 0 energy then blow CA macro

    #showtooltip Celestial Alignment
    /cast Celestial Alignment
    /cast Berserking(Racial)
    /use Gloves of the Shattered Vale
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent

    I just added gloves racial and potion to both just as a security measure so i didnt miss one ect.

    So yeah, leave the racial for CA or blow it with Incarnation?

  2. #2
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    24
    If i were u i would save it for celestial alignment, however i dont think it will matter too much as ul get ur meta proc almost insantly. If u save it for celestial alignment u will probably have more chance of both ur trinkets up & your dots will benefit from lunar + solar + meta proc + lust(fight dependany). Either way i dont think its a massive dps loss

  3. #3
    I dont have the meta atm working towards it. But okay thanks.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,115
    All CDs (gloves + berzerking etc) should be cast with CA. Casting them with only Inc up is a dps loss. The only exception I'd imagine is 2nd pot, as that should be cast 5 seconds into Inc, to end its duration at the conclusion of CA.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  5. #5
    Blademaster boochicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    32
    Slightly off topic, but you can use
    /use 10

    instead of
    /use Gloves of the Shattered Vale

    This way when you get new gloves you don't have to update your macro(s).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    All CDs (gloves + berzerking etc) should be cast with CA. Casting them with only Inc up is a dps loss. The only exception I'd imagine is 2nd pot, as that should be cast 5 seconds into Inc, to end its duration at the conclusion of CA.
    So you're saying my opener should be like this:
    1 cast from lunar
    Starfall > wrath > incarnation (with pre pot) > cast to 0 lunar > CA with all CDs remaining.

    Is this correct? And also during the fight when both are off cd should I blow both together?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    So you're saying my opener should be like this:
    1 cast from lunar
    Starfall > wrath > incarnation (with pre pot) > cast to 0 lunar > CA with all CDs remaining.

    Is this correct? And also during the fight when both are off cd should I blow both together?
    Yes, if Inc + CA are up and you are 'safe' you should.
    And unless you have 2 RPPM trinkets, or your Legendary Meta Gem. Then your opener is good.

    Edit: As Fleuria said, switch to the Solar Opener as soon as you get the LMG or 2 RPPM trinkets.
    Also, use your Eng gloves on CDs since they are a 1 minute CD and if you do use them on CD, they should line back up with Inc + CA.
    Last edited by Voomkin; 2013-10-29 at 10:25 AM.

  8. #8
    As soon as you get meta, swap to solar opener.

  9. #9
    Here is my opener on single target - assuming Force of Nature talent:

    Before countdown / pull:
    1. Make sure you have starfall off cd
    2. Pre-plant mushrooms on boss

    Pre-pull / On countdown:
    1. Pre-pot 1 sec before pull
    2. Starfall immediatelly after (so this should still be ~1 sec before pull)

    After countdown / boss is ready to be hit:
    1. CA + Mushroom Bloom + Engineer Gloves macro
    2. Sunfire (Moonfire will be applied automatically by CA)
    (By this time all my trinkets usually are procc'd)
    3. Spam my Treants keybind, try to get all 3 treants as instantly as I can
    4. Starsurge (whenever off CD or SS proc)
    5. Starfire spam
    6. Reapply starfall when first one

    Now you have to pick the easy way or the better way (imo):

    # Easy way
    7. Keep starfire/starsurge spam till at the very last second
    8. Right before CA is about to fall off you reapply Sunfire to get both dots refreshed.
    9. Wrath your way back to Lunar
    10. And continue normal rotation from here...

    # My way:

    Ok here is the tricky part: usually by this time (right after applying 2nd starfall) all my procs are about to fall off (meta/2 trinkets) but I still have another 2-3 seconds on CA... I personally have found out better to reapply my CA dots at this moment (i.e. before all buffs fall) versus applying at the very end of the CA buff.. So here is goes (continuing off 6):

    7. Very quickly after the 2nd Starfall, apply Sunfire with all your trinkets/meta gem buffs.
    8. Continue spamming starfire/starsurge till CA ends
    9. Wrath your way back to Lunar
    10. And continue normal rotation from here...

    Like I said, most of the times my trinkets and meta proc on pull, but if that is not the case then I'll hold off on treants and will do the "easy" strat. But that is very rare.

    PS: some people call this the solar opener, but you don't have to be in solar anymore for this, just need to make sure you do Wrath after CA falls off
    Last edited by land; 2013-10-30 at 05:18 PM.

  10. #10
    If you are *Fishing* for trinket procs(which is what a treants are used with) for your treants and CA, why do you pop CA right when the pull timer hits 0, more than likely your initial dots will not be impacted by all your trinkets/buffs. Sometimes it takes 3-4 seconds to have all trinkets and buffs procced.

    Seems to me that you are wasting valuable trinket procs when trinket procs do not 100% of the time proc on the first spell cast.
    Last edited by Rawwrrkitty; 2013-10-30 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Additional Information

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawwrrkitty View Post
    If you are *Fishing* for trinket procs(which is what a treants are used with) for your treants and CA, why do you pop CA right when the pull timer hits 0, more than likely your initial dots will not be impacted by all your trinkets/buffs. Sometimes it takes 3-4 seconds to have all trinkets and buffs procced.

    Seems to me that you are wasting valuable trinket procs when trinket procs do not 100% of the time proc on the first spell cast.
    Hum, good point. So how exactly are you saying I could open instead then? You guys open with wraths till u get procs and then starfall into CA kinda deal? BTW I don't get what u said about use treants to fish for procs since you want to pop them with the procs it self...
    Last edited by land; 2013-10-30 at 07:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Hum, good point. So how exactly are you saying I could open instead then? You guys open with wraths till u get procs and then starfall into CA kinda deal? BTW I don't get what u said about use treants to fish for procs since you want to pop them with the procs it self...
    I open with a SS that its pre-pull casted, 1 Wrath but no more and then pop CA and Treants. Sometimes I pop Mushrooms after CA and before treants if Bindings didn't proc.

  13. #13
    A lot of people aint using mushrooms on pull because they underestimate the power, if I don't use shrooms my bindings can sometimes take 10-15 seconds to proc on a pull, but a mushroom explosion (which I macro with CA) procs absolutely everything instantly 9/10 times.

    My perfect opener is:

    75 pre solar
    Place shrooms
    -7: AC to Solar
    -5: pot+starfall
    -4: Incarnation
    -2: Starsurge
    0: Wrath
    1: CA + Shroom explosion
    1: DoT

    Obviously if using FoN you just move everything forward by 1 second and put FoN where you're applying your CA dots.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    A lot of people aint using mushrooms on pull because they underestimate the power, if I don't use shrooms my bindings can sometimes take 10-15 seconds to proc on a pull, but a mushroom explosion (which I macro with CA) procs absolutely everything instantly 9/10 times.

    My perfect opener is:

    75 pre solar
    Place shrooms
    -7: AC to Solar
    -5: pot+starfall
    -4: Incarnation
    -2: Starsurge
    0: Wrath
    1: CA + Shroom explosion
    1: DoT

    Obviously if using FoN you just move everything forward by 1 second and put FoN where you're applying your CA dots.
    Starfall updates dynamically with Int procs so using pot 5 seconds before pull it a waste. You also have an empty GCD between using Incarnation and Starsurge.

    I'm not really a fan of using Wrath and other filler spells to get Int procs active before putting CA DoTs up since 99% of the time all your RPPM procs will happen on the first Starsurge and you're essentially wasting a few seconds of those procs in hope that your Bindings will proc (which they may actually not).

    My openers:

    FoN:
    -10: AC Into Solar
    -2.5: Starfall
    -1.5: Prepot + Starsurge
    0: CA + Berserking + Synapse + FoN x3 + Moonfire
    1: Detonate Srooms + Starfire
    etc etc etc

    Inc:
    -10: AC Into Solar
    -3.5: Starfall
    -2.5: Incarnation
    -1.5: Prepot + Starsurge
    0: CA + Berserking + Synapse + Moonfire
    1: Detonate Srooms + Starfire
    etc etc etc
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-10-31 at 02:21 AM.

  15. #15
    Yeah got the numbers of seconds wrong on the countdown, there's no gap when i actually do it though :P Come to think of it I'm not actually why the potion is where it is, or how I came to putting it there, I just learned it that way when learning the solar opener last tier.

    The wrath isn't there to proc things though. I get everything to proc from shrooms alone. I do a wrath because 1. Starsurge doesn't leave my chars hand on the pull, but slightly before, so if I CA DoT there I'll ninja pull and fuck other peoples pots and 2. It gives an extra second for tanks to get in and lust to go up. It's literally 1 second, I wouldn't call it a waste, and it's mostly beneficial.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Lushious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    626
    I'm getting really confused in here, I thought we were supposed to keep CA for when we exit Lunar phase, like:¨
    Stay at 75 energy prepull
    Starfall and get into lunar
    Inc/FoN
    Cast to 0 Energy
    and THEN use CA
    FC: 2809-9067-8996
    Grass safari with: Ivysaur - Pansage - ???

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I'm getting really confused in here, I thought we were supposed to keep CA for when we exit Lunar phase, like:¨
    Stay at 75 energy prepull
    Starfall and get into lunar
    Inc/FoN
    Cast to 0 Energy
    and THEN use CA
    In T14 sure.

  18. #18
    Hey guys,
    I don't really see the point why we would open 75 to SOLAR? can someone explain the point? i don't really get it? Is it just because of shrooms?

    Thanks in advance

  19. #19
    rppm trinkets and meta

    Tivook
    Feral Druid

    EU - Draenor

  20. #20
    What does rppm have to do with solar or lunar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •