Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisychainwb View Post
    What does rppm have to do with solar or lunar?
    Nothing currently. What originally made the solar opener better were the addition of RPPM trinkets and meta in T15, not the fact that they are RPPM, but the fact that the procs were astonishingly powerful compared to what we had in T14. The Solar opener is always going to be better as long as you have decent gear. It is better because you use Incarnation and CA immediately meaning they both get full benefit from your meta and trinket procs whereas if you did the lunar opener all those procs are going to be expired by time you get to using CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisychainwb View Post
    Hey guys,
    I don't really see the point why we would open 75 to SOLAR? can someone explain the point? i don't really get it? Is it just because of shrooms?

Thanks in advance
    You open in solar, not before solar. Before some smartass tries to correct me you can actually do it at any time the arrow is pointing left but starting in solar is just easier.

The reason durrtygoodz mentions he starts before solar was because he casts a Wrath before using CA, so by ACing into solar shortly before the pull he has NG up for that Wrath cast.

The solar opener is mentioned in detail in the 5.4 Balance guide.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-10-31 at 10:15 AM.

Thank you very much for the answer. But there is still no reason for me why Solar is better than Lunar?
    You could also start in Lunar and then use CA+Inc immediately? What am i missing?

If you start in Lunar and Inc + CA immediately you're only going to get 2 Starfalls during Incarnation because after CA ends you are moving towards Solar. if you start in Solar you are moving towards Lunar when CA ends so you get 3.

Oh i see, thanks appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    A lot of people aint using mushrooms on pull because they underestimate the power, if I don't use shrooms my bindings can sometimes take 10-15 seconds to proc on a pull, but a mushroom explosion (which I macro with CA) procs absolutely everything instantly 9/10 times.
    Excellent point, that is what I see too (but never thought about it).

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    A lot of people aint using mushrooms on pull because they underestimate the power, if I don't use shrooms my bindings can sometimes take 10-15 seconds to proc on a pull, but a mushroom explosion (which I macro with CA) procs absolutely everything instantly 9/10 times.
    I don't know if I'm just very unlucky but I never seem to get any trinket procs with mushrooms. Usually all procs that happen for the opener come from Starfall and usually the amp trinket procs ~5 seconds after pull. Really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I don't know if I'm just very unlucky but I never seem to get any trinket procs with mushrooms. Usually all procs that happen for the opener come from Starfall and usually the amp trinket procs ~5 seconds after pull. Really annoying.
    this is actually what I love about hotw dpsing, you fish your trinket procs from rejuvenation + efflorence 5 sec before pull, and in 90% of the cases you have trinkets procced for the 2 first sotf moonfire's ticking for I think it is 100-200k (crit) more than once a second, with wraths critting up to 900k
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.