Thread: Rift and Steam

10+ Year Old Account

Rift and Steam

So a few days ago i installed Rift , and to my surprise i found its now on Steam aswell. Being OCD like that, i'd like Rift on Steam, but is there anyway to incorporate Rift in Steam without having to Reinstall via steam? I can reinstall thats not much of an issue, but if i could save that time it would be nice.

Sadly, I don't think so. I'm the same way so I need to figure out if Rift saves all my UI settings to my account, or if not if there's a way to transfer them over when I do a reinstall on Steam.

Redit: You can always just launch it through Steam, but I'm super OCD and prefer to have the native Steam client to one simply launched through it >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I caught a comment on the Community Center page for Rift saying that you can just start the Rift instalation on Steam , which will actually only install the Client Launcher. Once that folder for Steam is created , you can just copy the files from a regular Rift folder to that steam folder (sans the launcher) and start it via steam (which will do that First launch DX, etc instalations and verifications) and then you're set. I'm not home atm , wont be until tomorrow, but a couple comments to that post says it works. Have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I caught a comment on the Community Center page for Rift saying that you can just start the Rift instalation on Steam , which will actually only install the Client Launcher. Once that folder for Steam is created , you can just copy the files from a regular Rift folder to that steam folder (sans the launcher) and start it via steam (which will do that First launch DX, etc instalations and verifications) and then you're set. I'm not home atm , wont be until tomorrow, but a couple comments to that post says it works. Have to try it.
    I shall have to try this then. If that's possible, I'll be quite happy.

Can confirm that it works. Just tried it myself. Made sure to not overwrite anything and did a recovery which didn't find anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly, I don't think so. I'm the same way so I need to figure out if Rift saves all my UI settings to my account, or if not if there's a way to transfer them over when I do a reinstall on Steam.

Redit: You can always just launch it through Steam, but I'm super OCD and prefer to have the native Steam client to one simply launched through it >.<
    I think you can copy those files to a flash drive just in case if it doesn't.
    I noticed that they have the collector's edition goodies available through steam but they're not worded as such. Can those be bought and applied to an old account or is it similar to eve where it only applies to accounts started through steam?

Hasn't Rift been on steam for like years now? I recall shortly after the game launched there seam sales for Rift. Like $30, which was a deep discount at the time. And I have seen it on steam before too.

yeah, it has been on Steam for quite a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    It was taken off either shortly after SL or around F2P launch, don't remember. It's back on now though.
    It was removed when it went F2P, at least the store page was. Nice to see it back on there though, I just need to move the files over now >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    For posterity , it worked.