My problems with Elemental are:
- 1 button aoe spam with maximum potential at 5 targets (unless you count thunderstorm)
- Earth Shock and Flame Shock share a cooldown (what purpose does this serve exactly?)
- Poor dps on spread targets
I think that removing the shared cooldown on Earth Shock and Flame Shock will improve Ele's dps on spread targets and it will make cleaving less clunky. In regards to aoeing I think it's really silly that fulmination isn't utilized, instead you just spam chain lightning and sit at 9 stacks. I propose a change that will make fulmination an integral part of Ele's aoe rotation and increase it's potential against more than 5 targets; the single target aspect will remain the same however.
- Lightning Shield can now generate up to 100 charges.
- A single target can only receive damage equivalent to up to 10 charges of Lightning Shield
- The damage from the remaining charges is dealt to the closest enemy within 10 yards
- The remaining charges are stored if there is no adjacent target to consume the remaining charges
So if you have 100 charges of Lightning Shield, you will deal 10 charges worth of damage to 10 different targets within 10 yards of your target.
If you have 100 charges of Lightning Shield and you use Earth Shock on a group of 3 enemies, you will deal 10 charges worth of damage to each enemy and end up with 70 charges of Lightning Shield.
This way you'll have to utilize Earth Shock in aoe situations based on the amount of enemies that are present. The only problem that this might cause is it might make Ele even more faceroll lol.