Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    And we are afraid. We are easily scared and fooled into numerous schemes for the sake of our security. The people should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people. I voted third party last election. If third parties get the magical 5 percentage mark, the U.S will have a huge issue. 5% means that one party will have 47 percent and the other 48 percent (in theory) Neither a clear majority. Also sadly the districts are lined in order to keep who is in power, in power.

Back on topic. Let's pretend you're gonna save the world. Remove all our current corruption and replace them with what you see as "the right guys."

How long before you notice you are the evil you see in other men and the only things different between each of you is your situation?

No... never... You're better than that, right?

Keep saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Talking about the Military though, you guys need to fix healthcare for veterans, it is in a shocking state.
    Healthcare PERIOD is f'd up here...And he meant we pay so much for our military in general. For the amount of money we put into it we should be rocking energy weapons and borderline supersoldiers or at least strength enhancing armor....

I mean really not like we lack the tech as a species...

Anyways i'm for cutting it in half AT LEAST and sending the money to fund infrastructure and universal healthcare myself..Get this country upgraded repair roads, replace/upgrade railways(as in both old fashioned and highs peed) lay down new power lines, internet for the whole nation and so on..Get this country back on track...And to ANYONE who says it;s too much money and work i offer you the transcontinental railroad built before we had even a shred of our modern tech and THEY could do it...Just shows how pathetic we are today if you ask me.

You have never read the Constitution. The government isn't responsible for any of those things. Entitlements have become a novel way of legally buying votes. That's all they are. If you're indigent in the United States, you're doing it wrong. It's the government's fault you had kids before you could afford them. It's the government's fault you took out a $220,000 mortgage. It's the government's fault you lease, or buy new cars every 2 years. It's always someone else's fault in commie America. I live in a minimum wage household, and I don't seem to have any trouble having money left over after all the bills for things like this computer and the internet. American "poor" wonder if their food stamp money will be increased enough to buy the new iPhone. African poor wonder if they'll have any food on the table tonight. Americans are spoiled.

government and corporate media are more than happy to shift the blame to blameless individuals for being to poor to live with out assistance
    I guess when enough people actually believe this statement, people won't be able to take any more. Hopefully, that day never comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And we are afraid. We are easily scared and fooled into numerous schemes for the sake of our security. The people should not be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people. I voted third party last election. If third parties get the magical 5 percentage mark, the U.S will have a huge issue. 5% means that one party will have 47 percent and the other 48 percent (in theory) Neither a clear majority. Also sadly the districts are lined in order to keep who is in power, in power.
    Ironically i am more scared of our government then i am of ANY terrorist....Or thief or random gunman and so on....I find out government and it's policies chilling and terrifying an even worse is how many people bought/buy into it....I'm the only one i know who never fell for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Back on topic. Let's pretend you're gonna save the world. Remove all our current corruption and replace them with what you see as "the right guys."

How long before you notice you are the evil you see in other men and the only things different between each of you is your situation?

Keep saying it.
    Continue to be active and hopfully make it much easier to remove the bad. Thanks to redistricting it is now more difficulty to remove many politicians

Remove the ones who got rid of the previous if needed.

I vote third part as often as my values line up with someone permitting of the vote.
    If we could make disregarding/contradictiing past public/official statements a jailable offense for politicians, I wonder what would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post

Keep saying it.
    LOL i am not better then that...I'd run a borderline dictatorship where if you don't like the idea of having people with the right to won weapons as well as say what they wnat no matter what talk to who they want or dress how they want(or even not at all) while doing what they want to live with just 3 basic rules "Don't kill unless it's to survive, Don't steal unless it's to survive" and yeah just two" then you can GTFO and go live where you want.

Okay rule 3 would be pay your goddamn taxes so we can fun things like healthcare and government basics like electricity and simialr things...

Oh and this isn't even counting my desire to conquer the world just to split it in two so people like me can live and people who love rules and absolute order can live..Frankly if they split up further their business.

Continue to be active and hopfully make it much easier to remove the bad. Thanks to redistricting it is now more difficulty to remove many politicians

Remove the ones who got rid of the previous if needed.
    You're trying to simplify immeasurable idiosyncrasies. The day you see this is the same day you'll be far more careful with words like "good" and "bad."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    We have the method of change already. It's called elections. Sadly people just keep sending the same yahoos back every time.

We'll get better government as soon as we get better voters.
    Hah!

The same forces (and I'm not saying conspiracies, just people with money and power acting in their own interests) that make sure your choice is between "big government corporate tool party #1" and "big government corporate tool party #2" spend tons of effort to keep the population ignorant and divided, and to keep third parties either weak and powerless or co-opt them.

The voters solidly elected a candidate who promised "change" and got exactly the same policies as they'd had for the previous eight years. Half the voting population doesn't vote - not because they're lazy, apathetic, or ignorant, but because they're actively or passively disenfranchised, and because they know the elections are a sophisticated sham.

Try to organize to elect better candidates? Billionaires will buy out key members of your group, spend more on shaping your message in the public mind, and have your organization voting against their own interests before it has even coalesced. (Tea Party says hello!)

Try to create a movement to educate and demonstrate popular opposition to government policies? You recieve endless government opposition, are infiltrated by agent provocateurs, get unending bad press, and are finally the target of a coordinated nation-wide crackdown. (Occupy says hello!)

To answer the OP's question, I think Kennedy said it best,
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    It will go on until enough people are hungry and tired of watching their loved ones suffer to make a violent revolution inevitable, which is a terrible, awful thing.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I have no idea what you actually posted, just letting you know that posting such a picture makes you look extremely silly and frames your post in a way that will make others disregard it as nonsense.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Deleted
    I hate V for Vendetta... Made Guy Fawkes masks "cool", he was a religious zealot trying to kill parlament to enforce strict catholic ideals... Kind of shitty symbol for freedom or strict governments...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I hate V for Vendetta... Made Guy Fawkes masks "cool", he was a religious zealot trying to kill parlament to enforce strict catholic ideals... Kind of shitty symbol for freedom or strict governments...
    Blowing up parliament is something every Brit would celebrate, but Guy Fawkes fucked it all up by doing it on behalf of Spain, the big tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    LOL i am not better then that...I'd run a borderline dictatorship where if you don't like the idea of having people with the right to won weapons as well as say what they wnat no matter what talk to who they want or dress how they want(or even not at all) while doing what they want to live with just 3 basic rules "Don't kill unless it's to survive, Don't steal unless it's to survive" and yeah just two" then you can GTFO and go live where you want.

Okay rule 3 would be pay your goddamn taxes so we can fun things like healthcare and government basics like electricity and simialr things...

Oh and this isn't even counting my desire to conquer the world just to split it in two so people like me can live and people who love rules and absolute order can live..Frankly if they split up further their business.
    I like you. Best argument I ever heard against survival was "survival is a cockroaches trait." Always felt the girl saying it was slightly arrogant in projecting a human life as something to be measured against the life of a cockroach. Each kills one another for survival, one with hands, feet and poison. The other with disease.

The winners write the history and the conformed accept it. I care not unless the disease threatens my family in which I will go to war with the cockroaches and wear roach blood while I eat the hearts of my victims and gain their courage.

How can I hate my best friend who hits on my girlfriend when I know his desire for survival in continuing his blood line is his reason regardless of whatever drama/excuses he feels he must make for it? I can accept our universal need for and understanding of survival without passing judgement while accepting the results of my own actions with the girl i trusted. My piece is done, I already know how my girl would respond because I know her for who she is and not who i want her to be. We laugh about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Blowing up parliament is something every Brit would celebrate, but Guy Fawkes fucked it all up by doing it on behalf of Spain, the big tit.
    Exacly. Remove the current government with a even stricter one...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How Much More Can We Take?
    How much more can you take?

I will say the citizens of the United States of America that aren't completely brain dead won't take much more. Jefferson said that government had to be torn down and rebuilt when it became to big/useless. From where I sit our government meets both of those criteria.

Deleted
    I wouldn't really care, but my girlfriend's passport renewal has been postponed for several months just because of the stupid shutdown. Your congress is preventing me from getting some sweet ass. So I hope you understand my frustration when I say DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU ASSHOLES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    You have never read the Constitution. The government isn't responsible for any of those things. Entitlements have become a novel way of legally buying votes. That's all they are. If you're indigent in the United States, you're doing it wrong. It's the government's fault you had kids before you could afford them. It's the government's fault you took out a $220,000 mortgage. It's the government's fault you lease, or buy new cars every 2 years. It's always someone else's fault in commie America. I live in a minimum wage household, and I don't seem to have any trouble having money left over after all the bills for things like this computer and the internet. American "poor" wonder if their food stamp money will be increased enough to buy the new iPhone. African poor wonder if they'll have any food on the table tonight. Americans are spoiled.

I guess when enough people actually believe this statement, people won't be able to take any more. Hopefully, that day never comes.
    When you say "the government isn't responsible for any of those things" you clearly have never read the OP and just assumed that he was talking about welfare and stuff. Well lets go through his post and see what he did mention:

My fellow Americans and those abroad who understand our troubles, how much more can we take? Every few months there is a new political crisis. Every few months we are FORCED into a crisis. Our economy is not recovering for the vast majority of us, and our government and corporate media are more than happy to shift the blame to blameless individuals for being to poor to live with out assistance. Our budget is now about cutting our health, our education, our infrastructure, and increasing our military budget and increasing congressional pay checks. We are being told and tricked into thinking that the most mundane of issues is of national importance to keep us away from the true problems at hand. They are much happier to divide us on such small issues like, marriage equality, abortion, welfare, and others, instead of what is truly important, generational debt, jobs, security, etc.

They play with our government as if it is their own political toy, they play with our security, our liberty, our out look as if it is theirs to control. They say how important the NSA is to our security, but cut it dramatically as unnecessary when they shut down the government to play a game. They manipulate the districts so they can continue to win elections, they run virtually unopposed many times and take advantage of a movement that could have been much better than it is now. They collect their wage, they do not earn it. They give themselves raises and cut benefits to those who are too poor to live with out. They bloat our military to pretend to be powerful.

I don't know about you my fellow Americans and those who live abroad, but I feel the need to dramatically change this scenario. Every year we seem to have constant crisis scenarios that lead us to no where, but the next one and the next one.
    So, he named political crises, the economy, health, education and infrastructure, military, congressional pay, gay marriage, abortion, welfare, debt, jobs, the NSA, security and gerrymandering.

Now, the Constitution may only mention about half of those things, but everyone is aware the Constitution is not the only law of the land. Even by the Constitutions alone, the government is responsible for manufactured crises, infrastructure, the military, congressional pay, laws restricting freedom(ie: restricting gay marriage), laws restricting abortion, the national debt, the NSA and county security in general, and Gerrymandering.

That leaves out oh, the economy, health, education and welfare. So yes, the government may not be Constitutionally responsible for those things, but it is for everything else.

So your statement of "The government isn't responsible for any of those things" is flat out wrong.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and yet despite all those "problems," the average American still has a good lifestyle. The vast majority of us don't have to worry about food, shelter, or water. We have televisions, refrigerators, and warm beds. We have a reliable police force, decent healthcare, and good public education.

Life is easy. Go to work, collect a paycheck, weekends off. BBQ with the family, watch football on Sunday, maybe even a vacation once a year. This isn't Egypt or Libya. Our problems pale in comparison. We don't need a revolution. Our system of government is function. Minor changes are needed, sure. But it's really not all that bad.